NCL Dawn - Entertainment

ja_martin

It depends on what you like. I went to a couple of the main performance shows and I wasn't impressed. I thought both the lead singers weren't very good. I did enjoy the aerobatic stuff during the performances. We like to listen to the live music at the different bars. There's not a lot of seating at the bar by the cigar lounge but that's where we found ourselves most nights. The man that played piano and sang we really enjoyed. There was a lady that played guitar and sang that we avoided. I didn't feel there was a lot of "club" like activities. They did two adult shows on the last night of the cruise and they didn't start until 10. I hope this helps a little.

Ummm ----- Thanks?

It's hard to tell someone they will like this comedian or that singer when they rotate so very offen some work a week take a week off go back the next week.. Some stay on for 4 weeks.. Who knows who will be on the ship when they sail we had one guy who was on our ship a couple days that boarded another ncl ship during. Port day the same week

Good? Bad? Or, so so? What shouldn't I miss?

Since you list 40+ cruises you have been on and 10+ on NCL in recent history including a few on the Dawn, I am thinking you can probably answer this better than most of us.

Yes, it changes weekly. Some people do not like ANY of the entertainment. Some like it all. Some only like certain kinds. Not sure what works for you.

Good? Bad? Or, so so? What shouldn't I miss?

As others have mentioned, the duo of Jose & Patti are memorable for all the right reasons. I'd never previously encountered them onboard any of the NCL ships, and was surprised when I encountered a few passengers who said they'd personally booked Norwegian Dawn because J&P were performing onboard. I soon found out why when I attended one of their early sets. Very enjoyable!!

Jose%20%26%20Patti-XL.jpg

For my recent sailing it was the first week arrival of arrival for Duo Deja Vu (Evgeny & Ekaterina) and their first show was quite choppy, with very odd transitions they were still trying to work out, but they were extremely talented. Evgeny's rendition of "Georgia" was a surprise to all in the theatre. I had the pleasure to chat with them briefly one port day as they were strolling around the deck with their child. They are excited to be onboard and quite focused to give their best each and every performance.

Duo%20Deja%20Vu-XL.jpg

Duo%20Deja%20Vu%202-L.jpg

I also encourage attending the Cabaret Show done in Spinnaker one evening. The entertainment troupe onboard when I cruised had only two more weeks in their contract, so they are no longer there. I'm certain the four main vocalists that took their place are equally talented, and the cabaret night allows them to select things of their choosing, and just be themselves . . . unscripted.

Filippino pianist, Ariel, is one of the most talented cruise ship musicians I've encountered on any sailing. If he could develop a bit of a "let my hair down" personality (which I'm not sure he actually would want) he would be my all-time favorite piano musician. He's quite magnificent.

All of the production shows, with the exception of that very odd Bollywood thing, will be of value of your time. Bollywood is on its last leg, and will totally go away after this current troupe retires it . . . and not a moment too soon.

But DO NOT miss that final evening show (yes, Bollywood) because that's when the onboard staff does their farewell event, which is quite exceptional.

Edited by DGP1111
grammar

We were on last week's cruise on the Dawn....

I agree with previous poster, duo deja vu were very good. I thought 2nd city was most entertaining, but get to spinnaker quick, because it fills up to standing room only. Comedian Tim Kaminski was ok, but at times got too preachy for me and relies almost 100% on audience involvement.

Not sure if it was mentioned on CC, but on one night one of the dawn entertainers at the main show (gymnast) fell from a pretty high level onto the hard floor in the Stardust. You could hear him say he was ok and then told others to drag him off the stage. They ended the show as soon as it happened (as they should have) and flew him out to a hospital the next day. It was very scary and they said he is OK, but it was not a pretty sight and I hope the best for him.

We enjoyed Jose & Patti the last time we were on the Dawn. I was hoping they would be there but we miss them this time but just a few weeks. Does anyone know if Tim Kaminski will still be on for the next few weeks? I also enjoyed him although it had been on another NCL ship. Dave Heenan who we have seen several times used to be the comedian on the Dawn. Actually I think I have pretty much enjoyed everything we went to. This will be our I think 5th time on the Dawn and we have seen some things more then once. All in what you like. There is always something going on so if you don't like a show where you are at leave and try something different. That is the beauty of cruising!!!!! Whatever you decide have fun!

Hey all you that say you were on the Dawn recently. Can you tell me what night each act was? Although the rotating people change out, Band on the Run, etc usually stay the same night, and we're trying to decide what night to eat at what place based on the shows.

On Feb 9th, Josie and Patty will return they are pretty awesome. I will be on that cruise, hope to see you.

We enjoyed this couple ALOT, we went to every show !! I even bought a few of their CD's ....

Hey all you that say you were on the Dawn recently. Can you tell me what night each act was? Although the rotating people change out, Band on the Run, etc usually stay the same night, and we're trying to decide what night to eat at what place based on the shows.

The boozing causes me to forget things like order, etc, but I believe the variety show was the first night, Kaminski had a set the 2nd night....after that...I got nothing.

Not certain how accurate these will still be, but here is the link to the Freestyle Daily pages from my November sailing on Norwegian Dawn . . .

That week was helpful, but since the show times were so odd compared to past years, I was hoping to see another set to see if the days also changed, as I'm sure the show times did. If the show days are the same on two, then they are unlikely to change I figure. And also to see if any of the entertainers changed after the new year.