Wash and Fold

Gayle V

For those that have used this service: Do you trust them with your better clothes? I'm afraid they'll use hot water and wash the color out of my dark colors, or they'll be too rough on my nicer materials. What was your experience?

No, I would not trust them with any of my better clothes or delicate items. They do wash everything together and in hot water.

We were fine with t shirts and my husbands docker style pants, my cotton shorts were fine. By mistake I put a pair of pants in that have some stretch to them - they are now 'cropped' length....:rolleyes:

For those that have used this service: Do you trust them with your better clothes? I'm afraid they'll use hot water and wash the color out of my dark colors, or they'll be too rough on my nicer materials. What was your experience?

We are platinum and do use the wash & fold service. Here is something I posted on a recent roll call:

They take your clothes out of the paper bag and put it in a mesh bag, then throw the bag into a very hot commercial washer with bags from other guests. They do not sort your stuff. I can only assume that if your clothes are all dark, they will wash it with like clothing. We have had stuff ruined such as a polo shirt coming back a weird color and underwire bras damaged. So, be careful what you send in. It works fine for my underwear and jeans.

If we need our better clothes washed, we make time to hit the laundrette. John

I use it for underwear, t-shirts, socks and sometimes my bathing suit (men's which is easier to replace in the islands if they mess it up).

I also asked them to use detergent I bought which they did, little ones that are fragrance free, I didn't bring a gallon bottle of detergent. The washers are harsh on clothes and I do have some pink socks and underwear but I really don't care and I send my clothes in expecting that they could get a little screwed up.

I would definitely not give them anything to wash I cared about. I've been using the free laundry service for about 6 years now and really find it useful. Just be careful about what you ask them to wash and approach it with reasonable expectations and knowledge that they will not take the same care as you would at home.

Thanks everyone. I'm Platinum for the first time with this upcoming cruise, and was considering cutting back on the packing, with the intent to use the three free bags of wash and fold. Guess that's one of the perks I'll just forget about.

I used the service last year as we turned Platinum & it was a perk plus we were doing B2B.

I had them wash 4 pairs of capris, one nightgown, and several pairs of socks.

I did not have them do my nice tops or undies. I took enough tops so that I was able to wear the top the first week and wear the same one the 2nd week. Fortunately, I don't perspire so it was no problem "airing" them out between wearings.

It's amazing how much can be stuffed into that flimsy paper bag.

We only send things that go thru the washer and dryer at home so they have a fighting chance onboard.

Dockers, men's shorts, several short sleeve and polo type shirts, underwear, socks.

On the Conquest everything came back neatly folded in two bags.

We have learnt to take a pix of what we send out. Once there was a mixup.

It's amazing how much can be stuffed into that flimsy paper bag.

We only send things that go thru the washer and dryer at home so they have a fighting chance onboard.

Dockers, men's shorts, several short sleeve and polo type shirts, underwear, socks.

On the Conquest everything came back neatly folded in two bags.

We have learnt to take a pix of what we send out. Once there was a mixup.

Excellent hint. Thank you.

I use the service to "try" to pack lighter. I have sent all undies, tshirts, and jeans and never had a problem. I don't send anything that I won't use the dryer at home for. We don't do the "elegant" clothes, mostly jeans and khakis. It is nice to pack clothes for 3-4 days, and then send them to be washed and wear them again. I like carrying 1 suitcase instead of 3!

We send just about everything, except our dressy clothes. One time we had two tshirts we got on the Key West pub crawl (carnival excursion) back and they had an off colour mark on both of them. Brought them down to guest services and the next day they came back to our cabin bright white again. We pack as light as we can due to airline fees and enjoy this platinum perk!!