Be Happy!!

LWiening

Totally agree. We have had a rocky two years and I am so happy that no matter what we can afford a cruise and spend time with,family, friends, each other and New people that we meet on board. Totally agree with not having to pick up. I am up vacation to have fun.

LWiening, I agree. DH has had six spine surgeries in the last three years and wherever it go, whatever I do I'm going to enjoy. We just went on a land vacay and Splendor in 88 days. The last cruise was on the Oasis in between his surgeries in January 2012. I was told this is a notch down but who cares! We're Platinum with RCCL and haven't been on Carnival since 1999 but I'm looking forward to a different experience!

I've noticed a few changes over the years, but I think some changes are for the better! I cannot talk about the changes in the MDR because we choose not to eat there and I think that's where a lot of the changes have taken place. It's your choice to go on a cruise and it's also your choice as to what kind of attitude you have about the cruise! If you really are upset about the changes that Carnival has made, you are absolutley free to choose a different cruise line. I just love being on a ship and not being able to see land in any direction! If you choose to keep cruising with Carnival, go in with a good attitude and have a great vacation!

I sail Carnival and RCI.

- I don't pay double on RCI. Many times this "figure" is based upon southern Florida fares only. We did a 9 day Caribbean in November on RCI for under $1,000 with taxes.

- I get more for free on RCI, especially food access and entertainment.

- You can convince yourself that life is too short to worry about (insert list). There's a group that believes life is too short to accept the gutting of what they enjoyed.

- And how is your post any less of a "b....h" than anything else posted (roll eyes) You might consider getting over it

:eek: be happy :rolleyes:

If people are truly concerned about the new dining menu I suggest you search for the threads on that specific topic- it will give you the true response, not speculation (there ARE table clothes, you don't HAVE to share sides, there are several dessert options) It's just a trial right now on 4 ships, they may decide not to roll it out. So ONCE you've tried it, give them your feedback. If enough people don't like it they will not roll it out. But if you're in the minority, you may just have to live with it.

As the OP says, why complain about things you can't change? Just relax and enjoy the fact that cruising is an option for you? If there are things about one cruiseline you don't like, there are other options!

There's nothing wrong with voicing your opinions- God knows I do! But some posters act like the cruiseline makes changes expressly to spoil their cruise! Whatever their motivation, be it to better serve the customer, or to save money so they can continue to serve the customer, don't take it personally! It's not all about you!

I shudder to think what new Cruise Critic members think when they come to the forums and see all the whining and kvetching that goes on here... not to mention the extreme meanspiritedness that some posters display!

HEY FOLKS! Let's play nice!

As a new member here (and someone new to cruising), I can tell you what I think. What starts out as a reasonable discussion or expression of opinion seems all too often to turn into arguments and back and forth meanness. While a lively debate can be fun and informative, I question the need for the anger I see expressed here. Maybe we should keep things in perspective?

As for some of the comments on this (and other) threads... Wow!

I may not want to meet certain CC members on a ship!

As a new member here (and someone new to cruising), I can tell you what I think. What starts out as a reasonable discussion or expression of opinion seems all too often to turn into arguments and back and forth meanness. While a lively debate can be fun and informative, I question the need for the anger I see expressed here. Maybe we should keep things in perspective?

I'm getting ready to cruise for the 5th time with my DH and I have to say that I am embarrassed at how CC has changed over 15 years more so than upset how Carnival is changing.

Its too bad that discussions can't be had without all the negativity and out and out rude comments! Jeez!!!! :rolleyes:

Which is exactly why I will never join a roll call.

We all have choices to make. Here we can easily see that CCL is trying to make changes that as some say downgrade our experience, but they propose these changes as something good. Of course...change is good. If they can sell this to the customer and make more money, it is good. They have been doing this for years, with the food choices,and with the entertainment etc. When they see we are willing to pay for something, they will see if we are willing to pay more. eg. coffee, steakhouse, FTTF.

As a publically traded company their prime motivator is to make more money. I know a lot of you are shareholders. This is what you demand of them. What they are doing is no different than what many other companies do when they downsize their package size so that they don't have to raise the item price. As a consumer all you can do is comparison shop and make an informed decision. They will likely tweak any new program to make it more palatable to the consumer, but if it is designed to save money and it does, its unlikely to go. Looking back, the only change of this kind that was completely reversed was the fuel surcharge, but that was industry wide and the consumer just wasn't willing to pay.

CCL is still providing the cheapest (dollar wise) holiday product. I can still go on a 7 day cruise for $500. Plus tips etc...etc..., but that's true of any vacation package. If you want to be pampered more with extras ( such as table cloth ) you may have to pay extra with another company.

You may choose to book with another cruise line but with Carnival Corp.'s lock on the industry, it might part of their strategy.

For now I see them telling me that they are considerably more casual. Don't forget this is partially driven by the customers. ( I paid for this trip and nobody can tell me what to wear in the MDR ) So now I can leave my suit and tux at home and pack a few more t-shirts. They do appear to be redefining themselves. I think their only fault is that the pretty pictures on their website have to change, but I don't think they will do that until they are sure of what that picture will look like. I am sure they will make it look good. Get ready for the NEW FUN & VERY CASUAL SHIPS.

Ian

Edited by Nic6318

Change can be good and last month we were kind of bored with menu so looking forward to new stuff on the menu.

My real concern is the downward spiral in entertainment.

We will be experiencing this all next month on Glory and hope we will like it all but very prepared by voting with our feet to say bye bye Carnival.

These changes are not so much with customer in mind more to reduce costs.

Funny that you say the entertainment has had a spiral downward spin. Our short cruise on the Imagination January 3,2014 the shows were GREAT, actually the best we have seen in years on Carnival!!!! Now , yes I do miss the live entertainment out on the Lido deck and some of the bands in the smaller bars have decreased in quality , but the comics seem a lot better last few cruises as well???? Either way we lOVE cruising on Carnival and hope that they will make every effort to bring us quality entertainment!

I hope you all put your compliments AND complaints in the email survey.

Can't say I've ever said "it's all good since I'm not cooking or making the bed." No kidding, but, I didn't pay for a cruise to come away with just that.

And I didn't berate or denegrade anyone when I sent my mahi mahi back after losing my appetite on the third bite over a mouthful of bones. (Maybe I should have cooked that one!)

Every cruise it's easy to find nice surprises, good music somewhere, interesting people. Ending the farewell party was a big disappointment--best party on the ship! So yes, things change and if I really abhored it, I'd go to another line. I just have so much fun every trip, I keep going back!

I also never went to Zayre's (for those of you who remember that joint--lower than KMart) expecting Nordstrom's. But if I pick an upscale store, I expect it to be upscale still, even if they change things around a bit.

I hope you all put your compliments AND complaints in the email survey.

Sure. For all the good it did. I remember when the staff basically lived for good reviews on the WRITTEN surveys. They didn't offer that any more. Still, when I saw the email survey come thru, I most certainly tried to fit it all in there. Entertainment staff: one of the funniest I have ever had! Dining staff: rudest and most inefficient I have ever had. But since they went by monikers like Bruce Wayne and didn't tell us their names, what will ever come of putting it on a survey. We never had any acknowledgement of the survey either..I don't really believe anyone ever read it, to be honest. Did try, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Which is exactly why I will never join a roll call.

Roll calls are entirely different. Most people on the calls get along and are very civil to each other. You should give it a try. We have met some great people on the roll calls that we stay in touch with.

Roll calls are entirely different. Most people on the calls get along and are very civil to each other. You should give it a try. We have met some great people on the roll calls that we stay in touch with.

You're joking. You need to look a little harder for the juicy stuff, especially when there are dueling leaders, or worse, coupes.

And the security reviews of the meet and greets.

You're joking. You need to look a little harder for the juicy stuff, especially when there are dueling leaders, or worse, coupes.

And the security reviews of the meet and greets.

No, I'm not joking. The roll calls that I have been involved in have been great. BTW, I am talking about Roll Calls and informal meet & greets, not the big organized fancy meet & greets.