Carnival Freedom Cabin Selection

pirate4me2

I am considering a cruise on the Carnival Freedom for next year. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on an inside or ocean view cabin to book? I know some ships have "special" cabins, does the Freedom have any of these in an inside or ocean view catagory? Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!

Here is a link to a much older CC thread but if you scroll down a few posts, there is some good info on what cabins not to book and why.

It helped when we were searching for 2 cabins on the Liberty ( sister ship ).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=797182&highlight=7354

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

we are going in july and booked a 4J. they are listed as an inside cabin but with a walkway view so you have a window and light. it is all the way in the front of the ship and looks out on the front walkway. there are pictures somewhere on here. plus we saved $1000 booking this instead of a balcony

1201 And 1202 are inside cabins but are almost 2x large as a regular inside.

Great cabins except for morning when you are docking. You just about get rocked out of your bed. If you are an early riser, this is no problem.

I am considering a cruise on the Carnival Freedom for next year. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on an inside or ocean view cabin to book? I know some ships have "special" cabins, does the Freedom have any of these in an inside or ocean view catagory? Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!

Porthole rooms. The category PT (not the 1As with portholes unless you don't want to share a bed & only have 2 people) rooms are priced the same as regular insides but are much larger and have an outside view. The ones on Freedom can sleep either 3 or 4 people.

The 4Js are nice. Priced cheaper than oceanviews, but you get a picture window at the front of the ship. It looks out onto a public walkway, so not much of a view from the room. It is still sunlight & a slight view of the ocean or sky. Some of them are handicapped cabins though, and they may feel more motion being in the front.