Nautica cabin 6024?

redshine

Since no one has answered yet I will just say this ...

We've sailed on Nautica although not on Deck 6, so clearly I cannot really answer your question.

But you shouldn't have noise problems on Deck 6. As far as I recall, you only have passengers cabins above you. I'm not sure where you are in terms of noise from below, but I've never seen complaints from people above the Grand Dining Room.

And I've definitely never heard complaints about wind.

Are there some complaints you are asking about? We've found the ships to be pretty much quiet unless you are right under a restaurant or on top of the anchor! But then, we are pretty tolerant of such noise.

P.S. After I posted I went to check the deck plans and discovered suddenly I only have the plans for Marina and Riviera. But I checked what is indicated Oceania's website. 6024 is relatively forward. I cannot imagine the problems you are imagining without input from you. You might have wind out on your balcony. It depends on itinerary and sea conditions. Why do you have these concerns? If you specify them, maybe we can be more helpful. You shouldn't have NOISE from above or below at that location. Maybe the show venue? That COULD be a problem if you are indeed over it. I didn't have a way of determining that information.

No doubt Jim&Stan will chime in with REAL info.

Mura

Edited by Mura

Not sure either what wind noise you are talking about

Can you be more specific to where you heard this :confused:

We have been further aft & had no wind noise or noise from below

Could someone please share with us how bad the noise and the wind are in this cabin. We have never sailed on this ship and we have some concerns.

211227.jpg

You may have misunderstood the complaints which you read. In the above Deck Plan, cabins 6000 through 6003 are forward facing cabins, which is to say that they are oriented towards the bow of the ship.

003310.jpg It is the verandas of those cabins which sometimes have wind issues, when the ship is at Sea.

On a ship as small as the Nautica, there are always going to be some noises inherent in the working of the ship; but nothing that is constant.

When people complain within my hearing, I always suggest that they embrace it as part of the charm of being at sea.

110851.jpg So worth it

Thanks for the info about the wind. Does anyone know if there is a noise prob

Em as this cabin is located over the theater

Some people say that they can hear/feel the rumbling of the bass guitars when the orchestra is playing on deck 5, but the timing must be such that we have either been dressing for dinner or out for the evening when it occurred, because we never noticed it (although 6003 is our preferred cabin).

The Main Showroom on Deck 5 is pretty much buttoned up by 11 most nights, anyway, and whatever dancing there is moves up to Horizons on Deck 10.

Mind you, if you are the type who naps or reads frequently in your stateroom, then you may be happier further aft, where the predominant sounds, if there are any, will be the white noise/ vibration of the engines.

Thanks for the info about the wind. Does anyone know if there is a noise prob

Em as this cabin is located over the theater

It is more over the hallway to the theatre than the main theatre itself

If worried move back further

It's reassuring to read this thread. My partner and I are new to Oceania and we have just booked 6012 - I was worried we were a bit too far forward on a smaller ship. Thanks for the info and photo's. It's not till June but we're really looking forward to trying Oceania. Just weighing up the drinks package!!

Just weighing up the drinks package!!

Of the two drinks Packages, the only one to consider is the Prestige because not only does the less expensive one not include cocktails, but it also only includes service during your luncheon or dinner! :eek:

At $60.00 per day, the Prestige Package includes every wine which the ship is pouring by the glass, and while the list is more serviceable than extravagant you will never be at a loss to find a pairing with any meal.

The full list may be seen here: http://www.oceaniacruises.com/beveragepackages/

Serious wine aficionados, however, will be happier ordering individual bottles from the excellent Oceania Cellars.

It is in the area of mixed drinks, Cocktails if you will, where the Prestige Beverage Package really shines. Only one Champagne (Montaudon Brut) is included and some of the most expensive single malts and Cognacs are excluded (think Louis XIII), but otherwise the Package will give you absolute run of the house as far as the ships bars are concerned.

You'll have the same freedom of choice in all of the restaurants, with the odd exclusion of the minimally priced, rather pedestrian Sake in Red Ginger.

I see that you also sail Celebrity, and compared to their various Beverage Packages, Oceania's is a terrific bargain. Much simpler too, none of those awful price thresholds. :eek:

Thanks very much for the drink package information. I had read about the less expensive one, we wondered how we could make dinner last from 5pm till midnight!!;) On Celebrity we like the premium package to give us more freedom and choice - this one sounds great, a must have purchase.

Thanks again