Canadian Princess Cruisers

Gunner22aa

Thought I would give this a try and order pre order some OBC. All I see is a PDF that can be filled in and faxed to a number or a phone number to call to place the order. No on-line tool to do it right then and there?

I did order a couple of the beer packages several weeks ago and they were charged in Canadian to my Canadian credit card at the same price ($23.25 each 6 pack). I did this on the phone with Princess at that time.

Terry

Have you checked your visa account to confirm that you haven't been billed $200 US to your card that the credit card company will convert to more than $200 Canadian for you?

Terry

Yes, credit card was billed at $200 Canadian.

Did you phone or fax the order in? How long did it take for the credit to show up?

I only see options for $25, $50 or $100. So you requested 2 - $100 credits? I want a couple thousand for our upcoming 32 day cruise.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

I phoned the order in - actually ordered $200 x 2 - $200 for last week's cruise and another $200 for our May cruise. The purchases showed up immediately on my credit card, but I could not see them in my Cruise Personalizer. I phoned again and was told that they wouldn't show on the Personalizer as they were bought as a gift and someties people want it to be a surprise. (of course I was gifting myself lol). The person I spoke to offered to email me a confirmation that the purchase had been made. I printed that confirmation and took it along with me on the cruise, to be sure it would be there. In fact there was a gift card waiting in our suite indicating we had $200 in OBC.

... I only see options for $25, $50 or $100. So you requested 2 - $100 credits? I want a couple thousand for our upcoming 32 day cruise.

Terry

AE -- Princess has no problem with multiple "gifts" I just bought 17 - $100 credits - they were more than happy to charge my credit card. (However, I also requested a receipt... just in case.)

I am pretty sure that it would be refunded back to your credit card. If you were on the cruise and had OBC left over you will want to square this up before attempting to disembark the ship as it sounds as though they send you back to the passenger services desk to organize the refund if you are owed money.

Terry

PRINCESS CRUISE SERVIC VANCOUVER BC$77.50 This was just cut from my online MC statement. Yesterday I thought I would press my luck and I pre ordered 2 buckets of beer and a coffee card. Total cost on the Princess web site is $77.50

Just checked my MC online and I was billed $77.50 Cdn via Princess Cruises Vancouver

Edited by Gunner22aa

Items such as beer and coffee cards have been confirmed to be billed in Canadian at par if your cruise was booked in canadian $. I did that a few weeks ago successfully though this could change at any time.

Purchasing OBC seems to be maybe it will and maybe it won't be charged at par in Canadian $. Some confirm it was billed at par in Canadian where as I was told that it would be billed in US and converted by the credit card company. I have purchased some OBC now and can confirm that my purchase has translated to an equal amount of US $ of OBC but the charge still hasn't been posted to my credit card account so that I can see if I was billed at par or converted to US at a premium.

Terry

I ordered $250.00 OBC. The agent told me me would be charged in CDN. I did not receive my email confirmation so I called back the next night . That agent resent confirmation ,but wasn't sure about the charges, checked with other departments , came back said it would be in US funds...... Looked at my statement today, and 250$ OBC. Cost me $285.03 CDN ... I don't understand how it is in CDN for some, but not others! Is it the agent making a mistake? Or has the policy changed? I booked and paid for cruise in CND ...and purchased internet and soda cards ...paid in CDN at par. This was cut from my statement ...

04/02/2014 04/02/2014 USD250.00@1.140108PRINCESS CRUISES SPEC $285.03

I believe that we are being billed in US funds for pre bought OBCs and alike because that money will actually be spent on the ship where the currency of the day is US. I'm just happy to have saved a few bucks on the stuff we could buy up front at par.

• 2 weeks later...

Could it be the number you are calling the princess agent from?

Different numbers reach different call centers, also they transfer customers to other call centers depending how busy they are at the moment.

I always ask where they are located when I call in, I get Vancouver or Seattle sometimes.

Maybe if you get Vancouver its in cdn, Seattle it's in usd, and their main system in the personalizer has been updated to accept the different currencies. Maybe a glitch.

Ken

Edited by M4dC0w

I live in the Vancouver area and called in to order a coffee card, ultimate drink package and 700 in onboard credit for our 10 day cruise. I have been following this thread with a thought to *maybe* try this but decided to go for it. I called and was connected to an American (could tell due to the zee vs zed). The coffee card and the package we charged through in CAN $, OBC in USD. Not a bad exchange rate though since $768 was charged for the OBC. They were charged though Santa Clarita and LA.

If you can get your OBC at par, good on ya-

Kate

I recently ordered a bottle of wine, a coffee card and $500 OBC for my upcoming cruise and all three were charged to my credit card separately in CAD. Now it just remains to be seen if I get $500 USD onboard or $450ish...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On our recent short getaway cruise, the $200 OBC I had purchased with my Canadian credit card was credited to my OBC account in US dollars and no exchange was charged on the credit card or on the onboard account. I also paid in 2 stages of $200 each time for OBC on our upcoming 12-day Baltic cruise. My Cruise Personalizer shows the OBC as $400 USD even though I paid in CAD on my Canadian MasterCard.

All 3 sets of $200 charges were billed through Princess Cruises Vancouver.

I recently ordered a bottle of wine, a coffee card and $500 OBC for my upcoming cruise and all three were charged to my credit card separately in CAD. Now it just remains to be seen if I get $500 USD onboard or $450ish...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Avcruz, could I ask, if you received email confirmation- which code did they use for the onboard credit? In the gifts and services catalogue the code for $100 is 6012. I was billed under the 6000 "onboard credit" code. Wondering which one you have.

The. *edited* thx

Edited by Zozizar

I'd like to add my 2 cents to this thread.

For our upcoming cruise, I phoned yesterday to purchase the soda package for my Mom and to pre-pay our gratuities. The agent advised me that there would be two transactions since our cruise was booked in Cdn $. Therefore, the soda package went through my CC for $113.96 Cdn and on a separate transaction was the charge (converter to US) for the prepaid gratuities.

It is certainly nice that the soda card was charged in Cdn and I can understand the reasoning why the gratuities are charged in US. All is good and we are ready to sail.

So those prices you were quoted and then charged were in Cdn dollars? I've never see Princess Cruises Vancouver before.

All my cruise payments have "Princess Vancouver" for the last threeor four years.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app