wine package cancelled!

I did this package because I was told by shore side concierge that I could have the bottles delivered to my room. This is not the case. I just got the intro email from my real concierge and I asked him to have 2 bottles chilled for arrival. He said I can't do that, that the package is for the dinning room? So I cancelled the package. He said I can order bottles from room service and he can arrange it. Is there a menu anyone knows about?

I did this package because I was told by shore side concierge that I could have the bottles delivered to my room. This is not the case. I just got the intro email from my real concierge and I asked him to have 2 bottles chilled for arrival. He said I can't do that, that the package is for the dinning room? So I cancelled the package. He said I can order bottles from room service and he can arrange it. Is there a menu anyone knows about?

Towards the end of Gambee's post below, there are wine listings:

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Royal's website also has an abbreviated list of wines:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do?catCode=WINE

We've had wine delivered to our cabin by room service on previous cruises. From what I was told wine from the package can be brought to your cabin or any of the dining rooms but not any other public areas.

I think Royal could deliver wine to your cabin on arrival like they do at hotels. Then you would have chilled wine waiting for your on your first night. In addition you would have your 2 allotted bottles of wine or champagne.

I think Royal could deliver wine to your cabin on arrival like they do at hotels. Then you would have chilled wine waiting for your on your first night. In addition you would have your 2 allotted bottles of wine or champagne.

If you purchase wine pre-cruse from Gifts & Gear, then you can specify stateroom delivery.

However, the OP had purchased the Wine & Dine package, and wine from that package can usually only be accessed in a dining venue.

This concierge said he CANNOT deliver champagne from my package only from room service! I want it set up as surprise for a birthday celebration I'm having for a friend in my suite. I wanted like 3-5 bottles chilled and ready for our group on arrival. I don't want to run to the MDR. Isn't this the purpose of concierge ??? He said he cannot deliver that wine to me and I would need to purchase separate bottles but they are so expensive that way! If it's ordered from room service he would take care of it.

This concierge said he CANNOT deliver champagne from my package only from room service! I want it set up as surprise for a birthday celebration I'm having for a friend in my suite. I wanted like 3-5 bottles chilled and ready for our group on arrival. I don't want to run to the MDR. Isn't this the purpose of concierge ??? He said he cannot deliver that wine to me and I would need to purchase separate bottles but they are so expensive that way! If it's ordered from room service he would take care of it.

Keep the Wine & Dine package, and use Gifts & Gear only for the wine you want on boarding day:

Edited by clarea

Keep the Wine & Dine package, and use Gifts & Gear only for the wine you want on boarding day:

I bought the package just for this party! I'm not even a wine drinker. And I did this at the recommendation of shore line concierge. We have 12 people coming to celebrate so it quite expensive ordering all the bottles separately. I'm thinking we would go threw about half dozen.

I bought the package just for this party! I'm not even a wine drinker. And I did this at the recommendation of shore line concierge. We have 12 people coming to celebrate so it quite expensive ordering all the bottles separately. I'm thinking we would go threw about half dozen.

Unfortunately you purchased a Wine & Dine package and that wine can only be delivered to the MDR. You can however, take an opened half finished bottle back to your cabin.

Do what Bob has suggested and use the link he provided. Wine ordered from the Wine Cellar can be delivered to your stateroom..........just make sure that when ordering it, you specify "Stateroom".

I would be interested in the number you used to talk with a shore side Concierge. I was not aware that there was such a person.

Edited by cruisenfever

Each cabin can bring aboard 2 bottles of wine, no problems. Just have the others bring 1 or both of their bottles to the party. Works great and rci has nothing to do

You can get a corkscrew from your RS and glasses from any bar and cheese plates from room service, no extra charge

Edited by setsail

I have nice list with ratings and descriptions that someone made last year. It's not updated but I'm happy to post it (how? It's a pdf) or e-mail to you.

Unfortunately you purchased a Wine & Dine package and that wine can only be delivered to the MDR. You can however, take an opened half finished bottle back to your cabin.

Do what Bob has suggested and use the link he provided. Wine ordered from the Wine Cellar can be delivered to your stateroom..........just make sure that when ordering it, you specify "Stateroom".

I would be interested in the number you used to talk with a shore side Concierge. I was not aware that there was such a person.

This what my travel agent sent to me for a number to call...

The Royal Advantage Concierge can be reached at 1-800-852-8175 to assist you with arrangements.

Thanks to you all for the suggestions. It was surprise for friends staying in my suite and I wanted to have it all set up so bringing warm bottles of champagne onboard is not an option. I'm just going to have to spend the money and order from room service. Just stinks that it's going to cost so much more. 10 bottles of cheapest bottles from room service is a lot more than cheapest 10 bottles from the package.

Are you trying to have the surprise before muster? To me there's so little time between when they open the cabins and muster that I would have my friends meet right after muster. This would give plenty of time to chill wine which you brought on-board.

-----

Edited: never mind I reread your post and they're staying with you in the suite so that wouldn't work

Edited by hansolosmom

You can pack a collapsible cooler, after getting on the ship, just go to a bar and have them fill it for you with ice and carry it back to the cabin. You can chill all the bottles you want. Red wine should be room temp

Edited by setsail

raerenee I feel sorry for your frustration but you are blaming the wrong person. You ordered the Wine and Dine package not the concierge. So go by what the "real" concierge says and learn from your mistake.

Right...I ordered WINE and DINE but I did it because shore side concierge said I should because on board concierge would be happy to set up the bottles in my room. Guess the parties should not speak for each other! I'm not blaming my ship concierge but I do blame shore side as I was totally mislead. They mislead me on a few things as well...quoted cabanas at $250 a person! I'm like that can't be right and of course it's not.

You can pack a collapsible cooler, after getting on the ship, just go to a bar and have them fill it for you with ice and carry it back to the cabin. You can chill all the bottles you want. Red wine should be room temp

:)

Thanks for the suggestion. I need about 10 champagne bottles! I'm going to just bite the bullet and buy per bottles. This way it's all set up nice.

:)

Thanks for the suggestion. I need about 10 champagne bottles! I'm going to just bite the bullet and buy per bottles. This way it's all set up nice.

I don't think room service is available until 5:00 on embarkation day. You might want to check that out with the Concierge. If you order from Gifts and Gear for Sailaway I would think you would have it for sailaway.