"All White Night" for dinner on RC?

porcelina

My husband and I are taking our first cruise together and one of the nights it says the dress for dinner is "all white". I am fine with formal night but this is sorta crazy as far as we're concerned. Neither of us has any all white outfits, especially my husband. We can't even picture how a man would wear all white . . . All I can picture is hospital scrubs or Mr Softy.

Do men really have to wear all white? Can you give me examples of what he would wear? Like I said, we are fine with a formal dress code but this is a bit over the top IMO.

Edited by porcelina

Are you sure about this, that it's the dress for dinner?

I know they have a White Party where people wear all white but it's a party on the pool deck usually later at night.

I'm not 100% sure that it's a cruise line thing, as we're traveling with a group but it lists what to wear each night for dinner and night #3 is "All White Attire".

We're thinking we may look for food elsewhere that night. We can't justify purchasing outfits that we'll likely only wear once this lifetime.

I'm not 100% sure that it's a cruise line thing, as we're traveling with a group but it lists what to wear each night for dinner and night #3 is "All White Attire".

We're thinking we may look for food elsewhere that night. We can't justify purchasing outfits that we'll likely only wear once this lifetime.

This is probably the answer, that your group has decided to have an All White Dinner Attire. Even if it was a cruise line thing, there would be no reason for you not to eat in the MDR and look for food elsewhere, you would not be turned away.:)

I agree that a white shirt and perhaps stone or khaki pants for a man would probably be appropriate. My husband used to have the most gorgeous white & khaki seersucker trousers but he was mad I only let him wear them in the summer (we don't do a lot of tropical cruises) and that I had to get him 'special' underwear so they wouldn't show through.

Which means these white linen Tommy Bahama pants I adore also won't be purchased for him :rolleyes:

http://www.zappos.com/tommy-bahama-beachy-breezer-pant-white?ef_id=oRhQBcbp3E0AAA8l:20140110141702:s

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is the theme for the night ,and later there is a white party. I wore a white dress with tiny black polka dots. Dh wore a white dress shirt and tan pants to dinner. Lots of people had something white on, but plenty of others did not. Later for the white night party Dh put on a white t-shirt we bought in port with some logo on it and a pair of white basketball pants ( long pants but the kind you wear to jog or play ball in). The party was a blast, we are both in out ...cough choke cough...late 40's but we were up dancing like 20 something fools until around 2 or 3 when the dj was finally forced to shut it down. Pretty good for me since I'm usually in bed by 9pm( and up and out by 5am )