Any recent conquest cruisers.

vacalovers

We were on the Conquest in December for 3 weeks doing a b2b2b. LOVED IT! Great ship and great crew! Loved the band, Government Shutdown. Food was really good!

There was a sewage smell on the first few nights of our first cruise. Evidently there had been a back up in one of the rooms according to GS. We changed cabins the next week so not sure if it is consistent. It was aft Main deck.

The deck parties were pretty lame. All that happened was line dancing, nothing else.

If you have any specific questions just ask and hopefully I can help.

We were on the Conquest for Thanksgiving. We had an awesome time and agree Government Shutdown were excellent.

We did have some bad weather and missed Nassau due to rough sea and high wind.

Would definitely go on the Conquest again!

Mike

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

We were on the December 15th sailing and had a great time - crew, room stewards, wait staff all were excellent.

No problems whatsoever - loved guys burgers, drinks and food in the main dining room - would do this cruise again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Gigi and Poppi

Do yourself a favor and pick a Celebrity or Royal Caribbean ship. We went on the Conquest for the second time in October. The ship is terribly laid out and looks like a trashy Vegas motel. It is tired and all there is is blaring rap music everywhere. It was ten times worse than in 2004. The people onboard were the worst part. Its a total Golden Corral and McDonalds crowd if you know that I mean.

You get what you pay for. Carnival Conquest aka Motel 6 on the ocean.

As you can tell by my signature I have been on the Conquest a few times. I like this ship. Never had one problem on the ship. All the staff are great. All Carnival ships are basically set up the same way so easy to get around.

I do feel that the Lido deck is now a bit crowded since the 2.0 upgrades but overall have always had a good time on her.

The deck parties were pretty lame. All that happened was line dancing, nothing else.

The deck parties on Conquest were better when ACD "Squishy" was on board. Wasn't a fan of Matt last time.

I disagree..We sailed the Conquest and had a great time. Nothing wrong with the layout. Have fun on RCCL.

Do yourself a favor and pick a Celebrity or Royal Caribbean ship. We went on the Conquest for the second time in October. The ship is terribly laid out and looks like a trashy Vegas motel. It is tired and all there is is blaring rap music everywhere. It was ten times worse than in 2004. The people onboard were the worst part. Its a total Golden Corral and McDonalds crowd if you know that I mean.

You get what you pay for. Carnival Conquest aka Motel 6 on the ocean.

We actually just got off the Conquest today. I have nothing but nice things to say about the ship and crew. Ship was very clean, our cabin steward Rommy was excellent. We did the any time dining and our service was excellent. Waiters were very attentive and the food was always hot. Loved Guy's Burgers. I can't really comment on the activities on board, we were really just looking for a laid back/relaxing get away and that's what we had...by our choice!

We were on her the last two sailings out of New Orleans. First two weeks in November.

Good crew. Had ATD. Almost always had the same wait team. Always had hot food in the MDR. One excellant 'ninja room steward team' and one perfectly acceptable room steward team.

Decor is always subjective. She has a bright French Impressionist decor. Not at all like some of the ships I've been on. She doesn't have original works of art or fresh flowers all over the place, like HAL or Princess, but it's nothing garish like the Inspiration's 'purple worms in the buffet' either.

Wasn't a fan of Government Shutdown but enjoyed the Lithos guitar duo in the atrium and the Latin Beat trio.

The new shows are onboard. 8 perfomers and a digital screen. Some love it and others hate it. It is very different than the other shows.

We would not hesitate sailing on her again.

We actually just got off the Conquest today. I have nothing but nice things to say about the ship and crew. Ship was very clean, our cabin steward Rommy was excellent. We did the any time dining and our service was excellent. Waiters were very attentive and the food was always hot. Loved Guy's Burgers. I can't really comment on the activities on board, we were really just looking for a laid back/relaxing get away and that's what we had...by our choice!

We were on the same sailing. Had a blast.

The ship is in great shape, and actually a more muted decor than some of the other Carnival ships, which I liked.

Crew was wonderful - friendly, professional, on top of their jobs.

My husband and I several times expressed our puzzlement how anyone could not enjoy a cruise on the Conquest. Book it without hesitation IMO.

Ha ha! I had to laugh at the rap music comment! It's been over 6 months since my Conquest cruise, but I complained about the constant Country music!

It was also more crowded than I remember. It made me not so worried about going back to a Fantasy class. Crowds everywhere. Same layout as most other older ships, but they didn't account for the extra people it seems. Not just in one area, pretty much all over in the public areas. The buffet area is better than the former classes, though.

It's still my favorite ship, even with the negative. I just love the décor.