Can help with Ålesund & Norwegian Fjords:-)

I-Cruiser

Lars

Thanks for the post of where the ships will dock. I have difficulty walking long distances, can we grab a taxi from the dock to the tram to go to the top of my Ulriken? Is it close? Thanks

Tom & Lisa

I am sure you can crab a taxi at the pier.

Lars, Thank you for the links in the post above. I admit that I have only made it through the first thread (which was so helpful), so I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere.

We will be docked in Alesund from 7:00 through 16:00. We have rented a car and plan to pick it up at the 8:00 opening. We would like to drive the Path of the Trolls (or as far as possible).

So here's the question. Is there a circular route that is doable in our timeframe (returning the car by 15:00), or should we go partway and plan to backtrack to port? We are open to all options and recommendations are welcome.

Hi there:) So I guess you will be there mid May?

If so its touch and go if you make it to the Path of the Trolls/Trollstigen as it might be still closed.

Usually the road opens early to mid May so I think you will be in luck.

7 hrs will be enough to drive to Trollstigen, drive down Trollstigen and head back. It might be a touch tight but its doable.

I have done a circular trip driving home via Åndalsnes and Vestnes instead of back tracking in 7 hrs. I would prefer 30 minutes to 1 hrs more so I could spend some time at the top of the Trollstigen. We did however stop for lunch at the Troll Wall visitor center which you might want to omit.

From Ålesund to Trollstigen you will use approx 2 without stops.

Drive down Trollstigen approx 20-30 minutes.

Trollstigen via Åndalsnes/Romsdalsfjord/Vestnes/Sjøholt approx 2 hrs without stops.

I will suggest you stop at Valldal (10 minutes) Gudbrandsjuvet (15 minutes) Trollstigen visitor center and viewpoint (30 minutes).. If you can make a detour to see the mountain "Trollveggen"/"Trollwall" you need to add another 30 minutes.

I am not sure if the new bridge/strip of road/tunnel ending in Vestnes is open yet. If so it will cut down 20 minutes on the road.

So as you can see it is possible to do a circular trip. I would suggest a GPS. Either your own of have the rental put one in for you.

Lars:)

Hello Lars,

Our Norway cruise is in mid-June. We have a car rented in Andalsnes to drive the roads and stops with beautiful scenery. We will pick car up about 10:30 in the morning and return it about 6:15 in the evening. What route and stops do you suggest from Andalsnes? Do we have time to go over to the Gerainger area and back? Any advice and suggestions you have are appreciated.

Carol

Hello Lars,

Our Norway cruise is in mid-June. We have a car rented in Andalsnes to drive the roads and stops with beautiful scenery. We will pick car up about 10:30 in the morning and return it about 6:15 in the evening. What route and stops do you suggest from Andalsnes? Do we have time to go over to the Gerainger area and back? Any advice and suggestions you have are appreciated.

Carol

Hi Carol - Since you have rented a car I would suggest you visit Northern Europes largest vertical wall/mountain, the Troll wall/Trollveggen. Spend 10-15 minutes there.

Drive up the Path of the Trolls/Trollstigen and make a 20 minute stop there to explore the viewpoint.

You do have time to go to Geiranger. From Andalsnes the drive to Geiranger with stops will take you approx. 2 -2,5 hrs one way including stops and ferry.

You get to spend 1-1,5 hrs in Geiranger.

This itinerary is the most scenic where you get to explore some of the most beautiful vistas in Norway.

You could also drive the same route as the "Rauma rail road" takes from Åndalsnes to Dombås. Its beautiful as well but cant really be compared to the Trollstigen and Geiranger with its Eagle Rd/Ørnevegen and Flydalsjuvet/Flydalsgorge viewpoint.

Hi Carol - Since you have rented a car I would suggest you visit Northern Europes largest vertical wall/mountain, the Troll wall/Trollveggen. Spend 10-15 minutes there.

Drive up the Path of the Trolls/Trollstigen and make a 20 minute stop there to explore the viewpoint.

You do have time to go to Geiranger. From Andalsnes the drive to Geiranger with stops will take you approx. 2 -2,5 hrs one way including stops and ferry.

You get to spend 1-1,5 hrs in Geiranger.

This itinerary is the most scenic where you get to explore some of the most beautiful vistas in Norway.

You could also drive the same route as the "Rauma rail road" takes from Åndalsnes to Dombås. Its beautiful as well but cant really be compared to the Trollstigen and Geiranger with its Eagle Rd/Ørnevegen and Flydalsjuvet/Flydalsgorge viewpoint.

It is so fantastic having you as a resource so close to everything! We are also renting a car in Andalsnes mid-June (Carol and I may be on the same cruise). We are also renting a care in Alesund. We are planning to do the troll road from Alesund. We also plan to try to get to Geiranger from Andalsnes. Will we be driving through some of the same scenery on both trips/routes? Also, what do you think about doing the Atlantic Road from Andalsnes? Also, what are the odds it will be raining? Are there GENERALLY more good than rainy days? The reason I ask is that we stop in Andalsnes first and thinking we might want to do the Troll Road there if we have a nice day.

Thanks so very much again for your help!

Just started to look at excursions in Geiranger and looking at this site

http://www.geirangerfjord.no/searchresult-package#wrapper

Seems the combo tour is sold out for our arrival on June 8th , so I am looking at doing 2 excursions:

Scenic fjord cruise (1,5 h) on the vessel M/S GEIRANGERFJORD

The fjord cruise takes our passengers for a close up view of the waterfalls known as The Seven Sisters, The Bridal Veil and The Suitor. On the cruise you will also be able to admire many of the abandoned fjord and mountain farms along the fjord.

We offer a drop-off and pick-up service for passengers wishing to visit one of the fjord farms on their own.

and

Mountain Highlight Bus Tour to Mt.Dalsnibba Geiranger Bus route: Geiranger - Flydalsjuvet - Dalsnibba - Geiranger

Is this a good balance of excursions? I will have 30 min between tours is this doable ? Looks like the departure points are near each other

Edited by ISLABONITA

It is so fantastic having you as a resource so close to everything! We are also renting a car in Andalsnes mid-June (Carol and I may be on the same cruise). We are also renting a care in Alesund. We are planning to do the troll road from Alesund. We also plan to try to get to Geiranger from Andalsnes. Will we be driving through some of the same scenery on both trips/routes? Also, what do you think about doing the Atlantic Road from Andalsnes? Also, what are the odds it will be raining? Are there GENERALLY more good than rainy days? The reason I ask is that we stop in Andalsnes first and thinking we might want to do the Troll Road there if we have a nice day.

Thanks so very much again for your help!

Hi :) To start with the weather. Prepare for it, expect it, take it for granted that it will rain. The last few years May and June has been nice and dry with lovely sunshine.

To get from Åndalsnes to Geiranger you will have to drive the entire Path of the Trolls and down the valley to the village of Valldall. 1-1,5 hrs of the drive will be the same as if you choose to do the Path of the Trolls from Ålesund.

How many hours do you have in Ålesund and Åndalsnes??

You could do Path of the Trolls and drive down to Valldall and Geiranger from Åndalsnes.

From Ålesund you could do something different like driving to Hellesylt and further to the tiny village of Oye via the majestic and very impressive Norangsdal.http://www.unionoye.no/

You can drive from Åndalsnes to the Atlantic road but it is a track which includes 2 ferries. The distance one way is 2.5 hrs without any stops. You should allow at least 1-1,5 hrs at the Atlantic road to really enjoy it.

I think it might be a bit to far.

Lars

Seems the combo tour is sold out for our arrival on June 8th , so I am looking at doing 2 excursions:

Scenic fjord cruise (1,5 h) on the vessel M/S GEIRANGERFJORD

The fjord cruise takes our passengers for a close up view of the waterfalls known as The Seven Sisters, The Bridal Veil and The Suitor. On the cruise you will also be able to admire many of the abandoned fjord and mountain farms along the fjord.

We offer a drop-off and pick-up service for passengers wishing to visit one of the fjord farms on their own.

and

Mountain Highlight Bus Tour to Mt.Dalsnibba Geiranger Bus route: Geiranger - Flydalsjuvet - Dalsnibba - Geiranger

Is this a good balance of excursions? I will have 30 min between tours is this doable ? Looks like the departure points are near each other

With these 2 tours you get to see the best of Geiranger both at sea and land.

The fjord cruise will take you closer to the waterfalls and some of the farms. The sightseeing boat has commentaries along the route so you will learn a bit about life along the fjord.

The bus tour to the mountain is simply stunning. You can go wrong booking that tour.

Geiranger is a very small but hectic village so it will be easy to find the tour points.

Lars

Hi there:) So I guess you will be there mid May?

If so its touch and go if you make it to the Path of the Trolls/Trollstigen as it might be still closed.

Usually the road opens early to mid May so I think you will be in luck.

7 hrs will be enough to drive to Trollstigen, drive down Trollstigen and head back. It might be a touch tight but its doable.

I have done a circular trip driving home via Åndalsnes and Vestnes instead of back tracking in 7 hrs. I would prefer 30 minutes to 1 hrs more so I could spend some time at the top of the Trollstigen. We did however stop for lunch at the Troll Wall visitor center which you might want to omit.

From Ålesund to Trollstigen you will use approx 2 without stops.

Drive down Trollstigen approx 20-30 minutes.

Trollstigen via Åndalsnes/Romsdalsfjord/Vestnes/Sjøholt approx 2 hrs without stops.

I will suggest you stop at Valldal (10 minutes) Gudbrandsjuvet (15 minutes) Trollstigen visitor center and viewpoint (30 minutes).. If you can make a detour to see the mountain "Trollveggen"/"Trollwall" you need to add another 30 minutes.

I am not sure if the new bridge/strip of road/tunnel ending in Vestnes is open yet. If so it will cut down 20 minutes on the road.

So as you can see it is possible to do a circular trip. I would suggest a GPS. Either your own of have the rental put one in for you.

Lars,

Thank you for the suggestions. We will be in port on Monday, June 8. It is good to know we are able to complete the route either way. If we do a circular route - is a ferry trip involved?

Do you recommend the route be completed as described (Alesund to Trollstein) for the best views? Would there be any advantage, disadvantage to completing it in reverse?

With these 2 tours you get to see the best of Geiranger both at sea and land.

The fjord cruise will take you closer to the waterfalls and some of the farms. The sightseeing boat has commentaries along the route so you will learn a bit about life along the fjord.

The bus tour to the mountain is simply stunning. You can go wrong booking that tour.

Geiranger is a very small but hectic village so it will be easy to find the tour points.

Lars

Thanks Lars.. should I chance getting tickets early to my June 7th arrival or wait to see how the weather is.

There is also a panoramic bus tour in case the Mt. is clouded or the road is impassible as I have read may happen.

Lars,

Thank you for the suggestions. We will be in port on Monday, June 8. It is good to know we are able to complete the route either way. If we do a circular route - is a ferry trip involved?

Do you recommend the route be completed as described (Alesund to Trollstein) for the best views? Would there be any advantage, disadvantage to completing it in reverse?

There will be no ferry involved:) I prefer or think its more dramatic driving down the Trollstigen/Path of the Trolls instead of up.

You must of course make stops en route down (a must stop is at the little bridge with the waterfall - major photo op.

From there and in fact when driving down you will see the towering mountains.

So the best views and dramatic effect I prefer driving down instead of up. Apart from that the rest of the route can be taken either way. It will have no effect on the views.

Thanks Lars.. should I chance getting tickets early to my June 7th arrival or wait to see how the weather is.

There is also a panoramic bus tour in case the Mt. is clouded or the road is impassible as I have read may happen.

You are welcome:) Tours do tend to sell out fast so if you really want to do the tour you should pre-book.

If you are happy to chance it you could leave it until the day of arrival.

The other Panoramic tour takes you to the Flydalsjuvet viewpoint and the Eagle road. They are also nice stops to get some great pictures and to enjoy the scenery.

After the tour you could visit the Fjord Center and walk the waterfall walk from the fjord center to the village. Its a lovely walk downhill with lots of steps over/on on the side of the river and waterfalls. The walk will take maybe 20-30 minutes.

Of course we can not predict the weather (Hey, the weather people can not even say how bad a hurricane we get or if we indeed get hit today at approx. 3 pm:rolleyes:)

You see, the weather might be dreadful in the morning with lots of clouds and it might lift for the afternoon.....One thing for sure is that if the clouds are thick and low hanging they will not lift.

Forgot to say; since you both arrive in June all the roads will be open:):)

Last year the winter was very mild and all the major tourist roads opened very early.

..unless we get the worst winter in centuries and have snow storms in May:D

....actually, the first year after we moved back to Norway from Spain (6 years ago) we had the worst winter in 30 years and it was snowing the first week in May.

Safe to say I wondered if I had done the right thing by moving back:D:D

Seems the combo tour is sold out for our arrival on June 8th , so I am looking at doing 2 excursions

Is this a good balance of excursions? I will have 30 min between tours is this doable ? Looks like the departure points are near each other [/b]

After exploring options for private excursions, We have looked at the same combination. (I have a feeling they block out the combo tours for the cruiselines, since they are also sold out for our date Jue 13th.)

I did e-mail them to ask if those same two tours were doable with the 30 minute change time. Here is their reply:

yes no problem as the bus is back at 14:00. katrin

Hope that is helpful with your planning.

thanks so much Lars. I think we might do the Troll road from Andalsnes and try to get to Geiranger. Then Oye from Alesund. I read about the road to Oye on another page and it sounds amazing. From the look on google maps, it looks like the road runs parallel with Geirangerfjord. Can you see the fjord from that road?

I'm glad I asked about the Atlantic Road! It does sound too long.

Thank you again for being such a great resource!

thanks so much Lars. I think we might do the Troll road from Andalsnes and try to get to Geiranger. Then Oye from Alesund. I read about the road to Oye on another page and it sounds amazing. From the look on google maps, it looks like the road runs parallel with Geirangerfjord. Can you see the fjord from that road?

I'm glad I asked about the Atlantic Road! It does sound too long.

Thank you again for being such a great resource!

Thank you - I am happy to help:)

To get to Øye you will have to drive to Stranda and to Hellesylt.

The Geirangerfjord starts by Hellesylt.

The stretch of fjord from Stranda to Hellesylt is called the Sunnylvsfjorden.

These two fjords are both part of the larger Storfjorden.:D

Oye (Øye) is at the end of Hjørundsfjorden:)

Are you hanging on?? :D

I attach a map:

https://www.google.no/maps/place/Sunnylvsfjorden/@62.2417473,6.7356284,10z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x46169956150eaefb:0xd6343a57cd8eaa8b

If you have any other questions about getting to/from Øye - let me know.

Thank you - I am happy to help:)

To get to Øye you will have to drive to Stranda and to Hellesylt.

The Geirangerfjord starts by Hellesylt.

The stretch of fjord from Stranda to Hellesylt is called the Sunnylvsfjorden.

These two fjords are both part of the larger Storfjorden.:D

Oye (Øye) is at the end of Hjørundsfjorden:)

Are you hanging on?? :D

I attach a map:

https://www.google.no/maps/place/Sunnylvsfjorden/@62.2417473,6.7356284,10z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x46169956150eaefb:0xd6343a57cd8eaa8b

If you have any other questions about getting to/from Øye - let me know.

Awesome map! Thank you AGAIN! These are the directions I cut and pasted from "somewhere" on CC. Id love a second opinion. We are in Alesund from 8:00 to 5:00. Is this enough time to do this?...

When you pick up the car make sure to get a good road-map or GPS. Skip Aksla at this moment.

From Ålesund sentrum take the road E136 for approx 15km. Then take the road number E39 (towards Volda). After only a few km. get into road no. 60. towards Sykkylven/Stranda. After another 10-15km you will have to take a ferryboat. (Runs every 20 mins. (xx.10, xx.30 & xx.50) cost approx 100,-NOK for car + driver + 2 passengers) On the other side continue on road 60. You will drive over a mountainous area and the Ski-resort of Stranda. On weekends the cable cars run even during smmer, and a stop here can be VERY nice if the weather is good. The lift take you almost to the summit. At the end-station (elevation 1150 meter) there is a small restaurant. From Stranda, follow road 60 towards Hellesylt, but continue through that town. A few km after Hellesylt, there is a small road taking off to the right. Road no.655. I think the sign is towards Ørsta/Øye and "Hotel Union Øye". The next 20 km will be the most memorable on your journey! You will drive through the "secret, hidden, pearl" of this area! The valley of Nordangdsal. Be prepared to see the "real Norway" - WIIIILLD mountains, waterfalls, small lakes, mountain-farms, cows, goats and sheeps grazing (or sleeping) in the road(or just off it). (And the best thing: you will probably be one of very few tourists!) If you stop by the last of the small lakes, and got "polarizing" glasses, you can see the remains of houses down in the lake. That lake was made by a huge rock-slide some 100 years ago. At the end of the valley is the village of Øye. Here you can get your lunch at the historic hotel "Union". This old, wooden building is restored really nicely and got many prominent guests - too many to mention here.

From the hotel, continue on the same road to the ferry in Leknes. The sceduale is NOT regular. The ferry leaves at 13.00, 14.00, 15.00 (be sure to catch the last feery at 15.00!!!!!! This is the last one you can have, if you want to get back to your ship in time.

After the ferry - continue on road 655 to Ørsta. In Ørsta you will meet road E39. Take this road back to Ålesund. You will have to take one more ferry, but this runs every 30 mins (xx.15 & xx.45). Just follow the E39 after the ferry till you meet up with E136, and take this back to Ålesund. Now, if you have time, you can top the day with a visit to the Aksla mountain.

All ferrys will accept your VISA card, and prob other major cards as well.

Awesome map! Thank you AGAIN! These are the directions I cut and pasted from "somewhere" on CC. Id love a second opinion. We are in Alesund from 8:00 to 5:00. Is this enough time to do this?...

When you pick up the car make sure to get a good road-map or GPS. Skip Aksla at this moment.

From Ålesund sentrum take the road E136 for approx 15km. Then take the road number E39 (towards Volda). After only a few km. get into road no. 60. towards Sykkylven/Stranda. After another 10-15km you will have to take a ferryboat. (Runs every 20 mins. (xx.10, xx.30 & xx.50) cost approx 100,-NOK for car + driver + 2 passengers) On the other side continue on road 60. You will drive over a mountainous area and the Ski-resort of Stranda. On weekends the cable cars run even during smmer, and a stop here can be VERY nice if the weather is good. The lift take you almost to the summit. At the end-station (elevation 1150 meter) there is a small restaurant. From Stranda, follow road 60 towards Hellesylt, but continue through that town. A few km after Hellesylt, there is a small road taking off to the right. Road no.655. I think the sign is towards Ørsta/Øye and "Hotel Union Øye". The next 20 km will be the most memorable on your journey! You will drive through the "secret, hidden, pearl" of this area! The valley of Nordangdsal. Be prepared to see the "real Norway" - WIIIILLD mountains, waterfalls, small lakes, mountain-farms, cows, goats and sheeps grazing (or sleeping) in the road(or just off it). (And the best thing: you will probably be one of very few tourists!) If you stop by the last of the small lakes, and got "polarizing" glasses, you can see the remains of houses down in the lake. That lake was made by a huge rock-slide some 100 years ago. At the end of the valley is the village of Øye. Here you can get your lunch at the historic hotel "Union". This old, wooden building is restored really nicely and got many prominent guests - too many to mention here.

From the hotel, continue on the same road to the ferry in Leknes. The sceduale is NOT regular. The ferry leaves at 13.00, 14.00, 15.00 (be sure to catch the last feery at 15.00!!!!!! This is the last one you can have, if you want to get back to your ship in time.

After the ferry - continue on road 655 to Ørsta. In Ørsta you will meet road E39. Take this road back to Ålesund. You will have to take one more ferry, but this runs every 30 mins (xx.15 & xx.45). Just follow the E39 after the ferry till you meet up with E136, and take this back to Ålesund. Now, if you have time, you can top the day with a visit to the Aksla mountain.

This sounds a great trip! We were planning to do the hoho bus in Alesund but maybe we will do this trip too!

I-Cruiser: I am staying at the Hotel Bethel in copenhagen. Do you know how much it would cost to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier for the cruise ship? Do taxi's take credit cards?

Any other option, we will be carrying one large luggage and one small piece each so if we can avoid steps that would help.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Iris

This sounds a great trip! We were planning to do the hoho bus in Alesund but maybe we will do this trip too!

Hi England,

I think you're on the same cruise as we are. I am strongly leaning towards this drive in Alesund and doing the Troll road from Andalsnes. Especially if it's a very nice day in Andalsnes. Let's let the road to Oye be be our little secret! LOL We don't want to clog up the road to traffic! I was thinking it would be nice to take the gondola at the Stranda ski area but it may only be open on weekends in the summer. Their website says open 6/20 for the summer but I can't find where it says what days. We will be in Alesund on a Wednesday. It still sounds like a great drive though! It's great having Lars as the resident expert for us.

This is a pretty good description - I would not have done it better myself;)

Just a few notes:

The ferry you need to take departs from Magerholm to Sykkylven.

You drive from Ålesund pass Spjelkavik, Bindheim, Emblem.

The ski thing is not a big deal IMO but a quick stop, why not.

The valley - Norangsdalen - is as described stunning and unbelievable. its wild and the towering mountains are majestic....Words can not describe how lovely this wally is.

Stop for lunch at Union Hotel Øye if you can. Take a tour of the hotel and be sure to visit the Blue room which is rumoured to be haunted.:eek:

I have enclosed a route map of the day trip:

Ålesund to (Union Hotel) Øye

https://www.google.no/maps/dir/%C3%85lesund/Hotell+Union+%C3%98ye+AS,+%C3%98ye,+6196+Norangsfjorden/@62.282498,6.3287849,10z/data=!4m15!4m14!1m5!1m1!1s0x4616da471047fb4b:0xe82562ee3bc08fea!2m2!1d6.149482!2d62.4722284!1m5!1m1!1s0x461691283bec0f31:0xd83ad051822b53de!2m2!1d6.659717!2d62.193091!3e0!5i1

Øye to Ålesund

https://www.google.no/maps/dir/%C3%85lesund/Hotell+Union+%C3%98ye+AS,+%C3%98ye,+6196+Norangsfjorden/@62.282498,6.3287849,10z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4616da471047fb4b:0xe82562ee3bc08fea!2m2!1d6.149482!2d62.4722284!1m5!1m1!1s0x461691283bec0f31:0xd83ad051822b53de!2m2!1d6.659717!2d62.193091!3e0

The total tour takes 4,5 hrs.

Add a few hrs for photo stops etc and you should be within your time frame with the time to visit Mt. Aksla.

I love Hørundfjorden and Øye with the Norangsdalen. I always make a point of doing the trip at least once during the summer months.

:-)

I-Cruiser: I am staying at the Hotel Bethel in copenhagen. Do you know how much it would cost to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier for the cruise ship? Do taxi's take credit cards?

Any other option, we will be carrying one large luggage and one small piece each so if we can avoid steps that would help.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Iris

Iris - not sure about CPH to your hotel but from experiance the trip from the airport to down town takes approx 30 minutes.

The cost of the taxi might be DK 500.

At this very same board there is a guy called Danish Viking - He has an excellent tread about Copenhagen.

I am sure he can give a much better answer than I can.:)

This is a pretty good description - I would not have done it better myself;)

Just a few notes:

The ferry you need to take departs from Magerholm to Sykkylven.

You drive from Ålesund pass Spjelkavik, Bindheim, Emblem.

The ski thing is not a big deal IMO but a quick stop, why not.

The valley - Norangsdalen - is as described stunning and unbelievable. its wild and the towering mountains are majestic....Words can not describe how lovely this wally is.

Stop for lunch at Union Hotel Øye if you can. Take a tour of the hotel and be sure to visit the Blue room which is rumoured to be haunted.:eek:

I have enclosed a route map of the day trip:

Ålesund to (Union Hotel) Øye

https://www.google.no/maps/dir/%C3%85lesund/Hotell+Union+%C3%98ye+AS,+%C3%98ye,+6196+Norangsfjorden/@62.282498,6.3287849,10z/data=!4m15!4m14!1m5!1m1!1s0x4616da471047fb4b:0xe82562ee3bc08fea!2m2!1d6.149482!2d62.4722284!1m5!1m1!1s0x461691283bec0f31:0xd83ad051822b53de!2m2!1d6.659717!2d62.193091!3e0!5i1

Øye to Ålesund

https://www.google.no/maps/dir/%C3%85lesund/Hotell+Union+%C3%98ye+AS,+%C3%98ye,+6196+Norangsfjorden/@62.282498,6.3287849,10z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4616da471047fb4b:0xe82562ee3bc08fea!2m2!1d6.149482!2d62.4722284!1m5!1m1!1s0x461691283bec0f31:0xd83ad051822b53de!2m2!1d6.659717!2d62.193091!3e0

The total tour takes 4,5 hrs.

Add a few hrs for photo stops etc and you should be within your time frame with the time to visit Mt. Aksla.

I love Hørundfjorden and Øye with the Norangsdalen. I always make a point of doing the trip at least once during the summer months.

:-)

Fantastic!! Thank you again Lars! If you ever come to New England/Boston area (USA), please be sure to ask me as many questions as you want! I've also been to Alaska a couple of times and did a ridiculous amount of research for that trip. A cruise then two DYI trips. California many times too! I'd love to repay you for your patience some day!