Sunset Veranda Vibrations

crazee4cruzin

We booked a Sunset Veranda on the Equinox for Dec. 2014. I have been researching on CC but need a direct answer. Is there much vibration in the SV cabins? I have been reading about soot as well. Has anyone had problems with soot?

We sailed in a C3 last time and I have been reading about the poor quality of the bath towels. Just how bad are they?

I am looking forward to staying in the SV cabin this time mainly because of the views. This will be a first! Thanks everyone.

A few years back we had an aft veranda on Celebrity Mercury (now gone from fleet). Worse vibrations than a dentist's drill.

Last year we sailed for 16 days in an aft veranda on Constellation and felt zero vibrations.

We sail this May 10 on Millennium in an aft veranda and hope for the best. These are choice cabins and we always try for them.

However, we do so knowing that mechanical problems can arise every now and then. And those problems, oftentimes, are not segregated to aft verandas.

Good cruise to you!

Did 18 nights on the Solstice in Sunset veranda- felt no vibration. Had read about soot problems but did not have any problems with soot.

Be aware that there is little to no shade on those balconies so in mid day it was too hot to use the balcony and had to close the curtains to keep cabin cool.

We have cruised on most of Celebrity's ships in aft locations. If there were any vibrations, it is only felt when docking, and last a brief time.

Have you cruised on the Eclipse?

In the Oceanview buffet there is a constant low level vibration that was bothering me and a lady came over and asked if I was feeling sick at my stomach. It was then that she told us the low level vibration was bothering other passengers in the buffet. She suggest we limit our time there to calm the insides. She was right. We'd get the strange feeling each time we took lunch in the buffet, it went away when we were mid or front of the ship.

jls

In the Oceanview buffet there is a constant low level vibration that was bothering me and a lady came over and asked if I was feeling sick at my stomach. It was then that she told us the low level vibration was bothering other passengers in the buffet. She suggest we limit our time there to calm the insides. She was right. We'd get the strange feeling each time we took lunch in the buffet, it went away when we were mid or front of the ship.

jls

Yes. We have taken 3 cruises on the Eclipse in the last 3 cruises. I didn't notice any vibration.

Perhaps, it has to do with one"s sensitivity. For example, I have trouble being in the theater in rough seas. It is a different kind of movement than aft. So being forward is the motion that affects me.

jls

I've been on Eclipse a few times and never noticed that.

Phil

It's common to have some level of vibration toward the rear of many ships. Soot can also be any issue toward the rear of many ships, it can affect any outdoor area near the rear not just aft balconies. Any vibration would bother me so I always book cabins midship and forward. If you are even a little concerned about vibrations, don't book your cabin toward the rear.

Edited by dz9yvr