Docking in St Thomas

marco

We'll be on the "Emerald" in a couple of weeks. I thought Princess and HAL now always dock at what they used to call "the sub base". I was just reading someone's blog from December aboard the "Emerald" and they said they docked at Havensight. Do they sometimes? Does it depend on what other ships are in port? If anyone has been to St Thomas in the past couple of months on a Princess ship....where did you dock?

Mostly at Crown Bay (old sub base) but sometimes Havensight and occasionally anchored. Depends on ships in town and numbers.

St Thomas website has a ship docking schedule....google it but remember that things can change at the last minute

We'll be on the "Emerald" in a couple of weeks. I thought Princess and HAL now always dock at what they used to call "the sub base". I was just reading someone's blog from December aboard the "Emerald" and they said they docked at Havensight. Do they sometimes? Does it depend on what other ships are in port? If anyone has been to St Thomas in the past couple of months on a Princess ship....where did you dock?

They dock at Crown Bay!!We were on for 20 days stopped in St.Thomas both times.$4.00 taxi each way downtown pp.Just there 4 weeks ago.Cruise wasn't much,we were disappointed but I'm sure your experience will be just wonderful.

Mostly at Crown Bay (old sub base) but sometimes Havensight and occasionally anchored. Depends on ships in town and numbers.

St Thomas website has a ship docking schedule....google it but remember that things can change at the last minute

chrysalis is correct. In fact, in all of our Princess stops in St. Thomas since they opened Crown Bay, I'd have to say we're pretty close to 50/50 whether we dock there or Havensight; might have docked at Crown Bay one more time than Havensight; and the last 2 in a row have been at Havensight. Never have any trouble getting where I want to go from either location. Have a great cruise!

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

How far is it from Havensight to Charlotte Amalie for a bit of shopping? Walkable or will we need cab? Years ago when I was here, seems I remember the ship docking within an easy walk to the never ending jewelry shops.

Edited by eandj

How far is it from Havensight to Charlotte Amalie for a bit of shopping? Walkable or will we need cab? Years ago when I was here, seems I remember the ship docking within an easy walk to the never ending jewelry shops.

We often walk to Charlotte Amalie from Havensight, and there are fairly decent sidewalks the majority of the way. On the other hand, Crown Bay is a bit farther and is severely lacking in sidewalks the majority of the way, so we usually take a cab. But, I think a cab to town is only a few dollars per person ($4.00 sticks in my head for some reason.)

There are only 2 ships in St Thomas the day we arrive are us (Emerald Princess) and Carnival Valor. I checked out the St Thomas schedule, but it is not as specific as to which dock either ship will be at. Which dock do you folks who have more experience with St Thomas arrivals think we'll dock?

There are only 2 ships in St Thomas the day we arrive are us (Emerald Princess) and Carnival Valor. I checked out the St Thomas schedule, but it is not as specific as to which dock either ship will be at. Which dock do you folks who have more experience with St Thomas arrivals think we'll dock?

I see this on the schedule...

Monday - February 10th

Carnival Valor

West Indian Co.

Emerald Princess

Crown Bay

We were told that Princess docks at Havensight when Oasis or Allure are in port since they can only dock at Crown Bay.

That is a deciding factor since the gargantuans of the seas shoves every one else out. Be glad however since we have had the bad experience of being on the other side of the pier with them in Cozumel. With their 2x pax than what we had they turned the port into a crowded mess not to mention taking up all the taxis. So glad to see them at the other port!

Just was looking for our 3/2 sailing.....we are listed for 3/5/2014 to be at the WICO dock - first time for us since our first Princess sailing in 2008.

It's going to be a crazy day that day. Thank goodness we will hopefully be diving and away from the port. http://www.**********/general_usvi/cruiseship/ship_schedule.php?i=0&m=3&y=2014