suggestions for what to do in san juan on my 50th birthday

kevsue

Hi, we are on a cruise stopping at San Juan on my 50th birthday and would like to do something special. We decided not to book a ship excursion as we didn't want to be stuck on a bus! We understand that it is easy to tour San Juan on foot but would love some ideas on where to go and where to eat.many thanks

Hi, we are on a cruise stopping at San Juan on my 50th birthday and would like to do something special. We decided not to book a ship excursion as we didn't want to be stuck on a bus! We understand that it is easy to tour San Juan on foot but would love some ideas on where to go and where to eat.many thanks

Lunch at Marmalade

Book in advance as it is a favourite with cruisers and locals

Let them know it is a special occasion

You will not be disappointed ;)

If it was me, besides treating myself to a nice meal as suggested, I'd probably just enjoy walking around the city, enjoying the scenery and historic architecture, and probably buy myself of some reasonably priced "bling", artwork, or other nice piece of memorabilia at one of the many shops in town. It can't hurt to have a permanent memory of your big birthday. (I don't buy super expensive jewelry, just a keepsake piece that I can afford).

Thanks both, looks like the marmalade for us, followed by shopping :) can't wait for our cruise (though not looking forward to the big 5-0 !!!)

If you have an interest in designer outlet stores the take a stroll along Calle Del Cristo. Watch for the signs outside as they are mostly small and you may miss one. But the RL store is huge. Also you always haggle as sometimes they say yes.

If you've never ridden a Segway this is the perfect port to try a tour. You can zoom up and down the hills and they are really easy to ride. You could still have lunch after, I'd do the tour first so you don't have to worry about 'drinking and driving'.

There is only one company and they are easy to find on Google and really easy to book.

If you have an interest in designer outlet stores the take a stroll along Calle Del Cristo. Watch for the signs outside as they are mostly small and you may miss one. But the RL store is huge. Also you always haggle as sometimes they say yes.

Have you seen RL's new store facing the harbor right across from the Old San Juan docks? It's beautiful and really large. We shopped the old Ralph Lauren store for years but love the new one.

There is also Coach and Dooney and Bourke outlet in Old San Juan. There was a Burberry but sadly it closed. It was wonderful.

I am going for my 50th too. We will be there jan 29. I have been to San Juan 2 times this is my third. I am going back to the rain forest this time take our daughter with us. There is also a little boat (it is like a water taxi) that will take you to the other side of were the ships docks and you can go over to the Bacardi rum factory. We did that too. Not far from there is the FBI training Center. We found out they do not give tours

Oh wow ... what a fun place to be on your birthday!! I've used a company called Legends of PR (clearly add the dot com) ... there are so many options to choose from. It's always nice to learn about the place while you're enjoying it!!

If it was me, besides treating myself to a nice meal as suggested, I'd probably just enjoy walking around the city, enjoying the scenery and historic architecture, and probably buy myself of some reasonably priced "bling", artwork, or other nice piece of memorabilia at one of the many shops in town. It can't hurt to have a permanent memory of your big birthday. (I don't buy super expensive jewelry, just a keepsake piece that I can afford).

Will there be any local crafters, artisans near the pier? We like to buy something from each island that has been hand made by locals.