Getaway vs oasis/allure

elou

I know it's just a guess since Getaway is not out yet, BUT would you venture a guess that the entertainment would be similar to RCCL? Looking at the shows on NCL, they do remind me of Oasis/Allure. Entertainment is my top priority. What do others think.

I think that if you like the entertainment on Oasis/Allure then you can appreciate why RCCL copied NCL's model in the first place.

LOL not even close! Ice skating shows, water shows, parades ... and the Oasis and Allure were showing broadway productions long before NCL.

Edited by SissasMomE

I think that you will definitely be entertained on the Getaway. The line up looks great. It seems like there is so much to do entertainment-wise. I hope I have time to try everything. ( I was recently on the Allure and did all the shows.)

Just returned from back to back - Epic and Allure. Not even close - Epic wins! I'm not an Epic cheerleader and have been on all major cruiselines. The Allure is an amazing ship to "see", but not a lot to do. The shows on the Allure are horrible - just our opinion. Maybe Chicago is an award winning play - but definitely not our thing - my husband begged to leave when the lady singing opera came out.

Food was very comparable, but we really love the 24/7 option of O'Sheehans. Service was not as good on the Allure - quite a few rude staffmembers. I don't hold this against the ship as a few grumpy people can't ruin a cruise for us and will not single-handedly turn us against a cruiseline.

My DD is 9. We just couldn't find things for her to do. She is too young for the zipline and flowrider and doesn't care for carousels. Other than the pools, she just wasn't excited after being on the Epic. The kids club on the Epic is massive compared to the Allure.

I know I'm comparing the Epic and not the Getaway, but they are similar - I'd choose Getaway over Allure or Oasis.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been on the Oasis and I saw the Legally Blonde show on the Getaway as part of the Intro Day in Miami. While I enjoyed the show on NCL, all of the music was recorded. To me, having a Broadway type show with no Live Music is like having a swimming pool with no water in it. The entertainment I saw on the Oasis was some of the best ever. My favorite cruise line continues to be Celebrity (the Solstice Class ships) followed by RCCL's large ships. And the food on the Getaway in the main dining room cannot begin to compare to Celebrity in my opinion--neither could the service.

I have not cruised as many of you have but my husband introduced me to cruising on the Celebrity Solstice (very hard to beat). I have been on the Allure and on the Epic. You cannot compare the Allure to the Epic at all. Hands down the Allure is a better ship. The shows were fantastic and there was so much to do. It was the first cruise for our girls and they loved it. We are looking forward to the Getaway, the girls are looking forward to all there is to do on the sports deck, specially the slides by the pool. We will see how it compares. I would love to do another Solstice class cruise maybe in the near future. There is a new cruise line coming to Miami the MSC Divina, I believe is an italian class. Thinking of checking it out.

I have been on the Oasis and I saw the Legally Blonde show on the Getaway as part of the Intro Day in Miami. While I enjoyed the show on NCL, all of the music was recorded. To me, having a Broadway type show with no Live Music is like having a swimming pool with no water in it. The entertainment I saw on the Oasis was some of the best ever. My favorite cruise line continues to be Celebrity (the Solstice Class ships) followed by RCCL's large ships. And the food on the Getaway in the main dining room cannot begin to compare to Celebrity in my opinion--neither could the service.

WHAT?

All recorded? Do they sing live?

Edited by david_sobe

Yes they do sing live on the Getaway--but it is not the same without a live band behind them. Carnival has done away with live bands in their stage shows and that along with the fact that their food quality has been lowered the past couple of years (except if your ship has Guy Burgers) we have stopped sailing them. All in the name of cost cutting. But a great company knows you can only cut cost where it does not impact the guests' experience.