is the grand princess being refurbished

cruise6

6 years old is considered an old ship? I was just off the Sun Princess that is 10 years old and she was in great condition. She looked very new inside.

Ships go through an extensive dry dock every 2 years or so - I doubt you have to worry. If I remember correctly, she was dry docked in the fall of 2004.

is the grand princess being refurbished? because im intreasted on going onit but its a very old ship its from 1999 and i wanted to know if anyone heard anything. thank you

Actually, Grand Princess was inaugurated in 1998, so it’s older than you think. Perhaps the RCI ships get refurbished more often because they don’t get the same level of ongoing maintenance as do the Princess ships. If you’re concerned with going on the ship due to its age – without considering how the cruise line takes care of its hardware – then I agree with Coral…go where you know you’ll be comfortable.

Yes, she did. In response to the OP's question, refurbishing is an ongoing process on Princess ships. We had our cabin carpeting changed during a cruise for example. Our steward informed us of the plans to do this and made sure that we would be out on an excursion when it was done.

Archived