Jewel of the Seas

lukesmom

I can't find many details about the Jewel. I am considering booking this in November but am worried as I have heard it is very dated. Any info would be much appreciated.

This is a good summary of Jewel:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=RD&shipCode=JW&br=R

Yes have to say it is our favorite ship in the fleet wish we could sail on her every cruise. Great staff perfect layout of decks, good entertainment. We have spent many weeks on her and her sisters, Radiance and Serenade we love them.

Happy sailng

Brian J

Each class of ship has it's own charm. The Radiance Class of ships are older but Royal Caribbean are great at keeping their ships looking great, I can't say I have ever seen one that looked "dated". We haven't been on the Jewel for a few years, but she was a beauty when we last sailed her.

The Jewel won't have all the bells and whistles of say, the Oasis or the Freedom, but she will offer you nooks to stare out at the ocean while you read a book and she has more glass looking out than you are probably used to on a ship. We are planning a month on her sister the Brilliance in May and our last cruise was on the Oasis, and we are very excited and not at all nervous about her being tired.

Hi - we last sailed on her sister ship, Brilliance, November 2012, and had a wonderful time and thought the ship was beautiful! We are sailing 11/1/14 on the Jewel to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary and are looking forward to it!! Good luck in deciding what you want to do!!

I wrote a pretty comprehensive review with photos, copies of the Cruise Compasses, lists of menus and shows of Jewel just last month, sailed in mid November- luckilly, the ship is not like bananas, and hasn't gone "bad" yet. The review is linked in my signature ¥¥¥¥ down there.

Edited by Familygoboston