Kid-friendly excursion-Belize

Laurba99

We only stop at Belize and Cozumel(LOS) and although I almost want to stay on the ship seems like it would be a missed experience. Not sure any tours sound appealing for my son and it doesn't sound like the safest place to walk around.. What do others with kids he will just be 7 and gets bored easily so the four hour tours seem too long. Is there a lighter excursion that just takes you to a beach? Would love to hear what other recommend. I guess I wouldn't mind a city tour if it didn't take too long and so they end at a beach?

When are you on Liberty? We are going on Liberty as well on Feb. 15th. Our group has split up for Belize. My sister who has a 7 and 9 year old are doing the tubing, my other sister with a 9, 13 and 15 year old are doing snorkeling, and my husband and I are doing the calypso train ride with royal caribbean.

Not until Nov :) planning early. Been three years since I had a cruise planned so very excited and this is the biggest ship we have done by a lot! Before this Millenium was largest so going back while. Glad my son who was newly four on last ship will be newly 7 and able to do so much more!

Mom-n-mi

Thanks! I was very curious how your five year old did on the trip. I am a little risk averse so when you talked about pointing out where some

Woman died that freaked

Me out and I couldn't follow how it happened? My six

Turning seven year old gets whiny fast if

Uncomfortable so not sure this sounds like for us :) maybe when he is older?

Mom-n-mi

Thanks! I was very curious how your five year old did on the trip. I am a little risk averse so when you talked about pointing out where some

Woman died that freaked

Me out and I couldn't follow how it happened? My six

Turning seven year old gets whiny fast if

Uncomfortable so not sure this sounds like for us :) maybe when he is older?

We don't go until December. Have you read Mitsugirly's review on cave tubing? It is in her signature above too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30667696&postcount=44

• 5 weeks later...
I am taking my 5 yr old cave tubing in February. Will report back.

Just got back. My 5 year old had no problems, though at the last minute she decided not to take her own tube and rode with me. Was not a problem and I actually felt a little better when I saw the sign that said they were supposed to be 48 inches tall to ride on their own (she is 46 inches). Make sure you book with a company that carries your tube for you. They did have smaller life jackets (we brought our own to be sure) but it was an adult size small helmet. We just left her hat on underneath and all was good.