123 and unsold cabins

akowilm

We are close to final pay and have friends that have decided to join us on our April getaway. If they book after final pay for a reduced rate, would they still receive the 123 promo? It would be well before the promo ends. Any advice??

Two bits of advice: First is that your Constellation cruise appears to be during the typical school spring break period so it might be in demand. If it is then you never know what the cabin availability and pricing might be. If your friends really want to go they might do best booking sooner than later.

The 123go terms say: "Offer requires ocean view or higher stateroom booking at the non-discounted standard cruise fare." I don't know what other's experience has been but I wouldn't count on getting a discounted fare and the 123go package.

Edited by Lsimon

Thanks! I hope Spring Break isn't in full swing(yikes). It seems the ship has a lot of availability left, but it seems to me that even at the 5 star rate, its a darned good deal!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

My experience with my TA was that I could get the discounted rate because it was a rate reduction not a promo such a resident discount, senior discount or Tuesday special. It is not combinable with any other promo.

We booked a Bermuda cruise last year after final payment was due. Our cabin rate did not qualify us for the 123. We could have got the 123 promo if we paid the higher rate that was not reduced. The standard rate was what it was before the final payment. When the diference in cost were considered with or with out the package and other benefits it was a wash. We took the cheaper price and paid ala carte for our beverages that worked out fine as we didn't spend $700 on drinks.

I recently got off a cruise. Before final payment there was a senior discount on the cabin Imhad. It would have been $400 less. I would have lost the bev pack, gratuities and OBC. The saving was not worth what I would have lost.

If they really want to go book it now and don't look back.

.💨🍻🍸

I've done this a number of times and it all comes down to what kind of reduced rate. As Lsimon has mentioned the 1,2,3 works with the non-discounted standard rate... but good luck figuring out exactly what that is.

I was looking at a March cruise and the verandah cabin I was looking at dropped from approx $1,100 down to $850 and it did qualify for the promo.

Last year I booked a Med cruise using an air promo and some sort of other rebate and I could not get the 1,2,3 because of this. I also know that if it is a guarantee cabin you likely cannot get it as well.

Thanks! I hope Spring Break isn't in full swing(yikes). It seems the ship has a lot of availability left, but it seems to me that even at the 5 star rate, its a darned good deal!

FYI the entire public school system in Michigan is on Spring Break that week.

Final pay is Feb 4, so they have decided to wait it out and book then. They will pay regular fare if needed to get the 123. We always book well in advance, regardless of promo, because we chase the much sought after 1138/40/41 on M-Class. I was, however, able to add the 123 to both this and a future booking, while retaining my AQ aft cabins, YAY!

I checked a website dedicated to College Spring breaks and it looks like most are before April. I don't mind some families with kids, but I would not want to be on a ship full of college spring breakers cruising to Mexico. Why? Because I was once a college spring breaker cruising to Mexico!:eek:

Edited by akowilm