Rum

Bacardi White 375ml bottle Item #2357 $17.00

Cruzan Coconut Rum 375ml bottle Item #2358 $17.00

Gin

Gordon's 375ml bottle Item #2364 $17.00

Bombay Sapphire 375ml bottle Item #2365 $22.00

Liqueur

Brogan's Irish Cream 350ml bottle Item #2371 $19.00

Yes, you can buy it cheaper at a liquor store, but it is far cheaper than at virtually any hotel.

The prices are around double what one would pay in their local (U.S.) liquor store. For example, a mid-shelf brand (ie. Skyy Vodka, Jim Beam's, Bacardi etc etc etc.) would cost anywhere from $7-$9 a pint at home. On the ship, it's about $16-18 per pint IIRC. More premium brands like say Bombay Saphhire might run $20-22 a pint.

It's really not worth fretting over the cost, unless one is a real penny-pincher. Sure plenty of people sneak on gobs of alcohol on board to avoid major bar tabs and I understand why they do, but how much (reasonably) can one drink on a 7-10 day cruise w/out being trashed the whole time? Throw in the couple of allowed carry-on bottles of wine for a couple evenings.....

I mean a double at the ship's bar is what.....$6-$8 or something akin? A pint has about 10 shots IIRC. Do the math.

One can just call up room service and they deliver it right to your stateroom. Get in good with the bartender(s) and they might even comp O.J. as a mixer any time one wants, or if one purchases the specialty soda drink card they can just get virgin versions of popular mixed drinks and spike their own.

EDIT: I see that the poster above me listed the prices....

Edited by Skai

The price list for PRE-cruise buying seems to be here:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/cellars_culinarydelights/princess_cellars/index.jsp

You "gift" yourself.

Considering that 375ml is a tad more than one third of a liter, these prices are significantly better than NCL's pre-boarding purchase prices -- although the Princess list is a bit shorter, with only a few of the same labels offered. (Wonder if they do that on purpose?)

Absolut Vodka is $20/375ml on Princess, $100+3/1000ml from NCL. Bombay Sapphire Gin is $22/375ml on Princess, $100+3/1000ml from NCL. If you wait and buy on board from NCL the price is the same (although the lists are a little different), but instead of $3 service, you pay 15% gratuity! Don't know the Princess policy for on board sales.

I'm just lurking on 'your' forum researching possible future cruise! So I was very interested to find this out -- the smaller bottles also make it possible to have a much more varied stateroom bar, for less money!

PS oh you do get mixers and garnishes with your bottle, on NCL. Either 3 mixers and 3 "garnishes" if bought ahead of time, or 6 mixers if bought on board. Soda is, I believe, $2.50/can. But the math is still tipping overwhelmingly toward Princess!

132c04ec73a292f40a8fd493eef0c0af.png

Edited by crystalspin
tagline

Why does Princess not do as Holland America does, and has done for years. You can order full litre bottles from room service, for a cost just a few dollars more than the take home duty free price.

Princess used to do that but stopped the practice in 2006.

Mike:)