New Cruiser

Hey everyone! So i love this site! So perfect, im 15 and turning 16 in 44 days :Dad i have never been on a cruise before. I watch the webcams all the time wishing i could go on one but one day i will! How old do ypu have to be to go on a cruise by yourself? Also where is the best place to go on a first cruise? How many days? Tell me what i need to know about goimg on a cruise for the first tike i dont know anything about cruising! Thanks so much!

It's your first post, so welcome to Cruise Critic :). You have to be 21 to cruise alone. If you're under 21, you must have at least one person over 21 in the cabin with you (one person over 25 if on Carnival).

Best place and how long is subjective. Decide on what region you want to see the most. And think about how comfortable you are with cruising is general. If you have any doubts, do a shorter cruise the first time.

But not too short. 1-4 days are often considered "party cruises" and rightfully so. Look for something 5-7 for a truer taste of cruising.

You don't show where you are from, but to keep costs down, you might start looking at cruises that leave from the nearest port(s) or those that might be near where you'll be in a few years(!). Look at the lines and ships that call that port "home" at various times of year, and the itineraries and ports-of-call they offer. Read up on Cruise Critic (as well as their own websites) about the different lines, and the destinations too.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You have at least 5 years before you turn 21 and can cruise on your own.

Aren't your parents interested in cruising?

Since you have so much time to plan, I would suggest you look at Caribbean cruises. Also plan on a 7 day cruise. Shorter cruises tend to draw the party people.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.Start by reading reviews of the various Cruise Lines. You will get a feel for the differences. Then go on to the various ships in the line you like best. big ships and small ships all offer a different type of cruise. itineraries are important if you truly wish to become a World Traveler as opposed to just being a cruiser.

Have fun for the next 5 years making and changing plans and visit often at Cruise Critic.