Is Sabatinis suitable for vegetarians

andyleeds

Yes, the combination of appetizers and desserts should be great:)

The twice baked artichoke souffle is wonderful.

I always say: don't miss the espresso creme brulee for dessert:)

Buon appetito!

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit

My wife and I are going on the Emerald in May, she is a vegetarian which will not be a problem in the MDR and buffets, is there enough for vegetarians on Sabatinis menu to make it worth while?

The people in Sabatini's are more than happy to adjust the entrée's for a vegetarian - I am speaking as a vegetarian who has eaten very well in Sabatini's. :)

Also, if you speak with a Head Waiter in the MDR, accommodations are easily made there for the next day's meal.

P&J

I agree with the above posters. I also am a vegetarian and have never had a problem in Sabatini's (in some of the other specialty restaurants yes, but not Sabatini's). They are incredibly accommodating with or without notice and always have made me a meal I've tremendously enjoyed.

The third item down on the Antipasti listing of the sample menu may be the single best thing I had the last time we were there. We shared one for the table, but were I a vegetable-tarian, I would have been very, very happy to eat that all by myself. (It's served cold, so if one insists on something hot during the meal, order that as an app and move on to the Artichoke Souffle and a meatless pasta.)

I'm a vegetarian and haven't had any serious problems with the menu until the 12/29 cruise on the Emerald. OMG...it was awful. The twice baked goat cheese was inedible because it had been overcooked, dried out & burned. I ordered spaghetti aioli for the main course but it turned out to be very al dente penne w/some kind of tomato sauce.

The HW said we wouldn't have to pay for the meal.

the old menus were much more vegetarian friendly than what they have now.

My husband likes the food there but we definitely wouldn't eat there if I had to pay for my meal. We get a free voucher for each cruise and that's the only reason we go.

so yes they can make a vegetarian dinner but it isn't worth paying $25 for.

My DH is a vegetarian and friends are vegan. I have cooked both. It would be worth asking at Sabatini's (in advance) if they can do vegan meals. There is a lot of cream and cheese in their dishes. You can find veggie selections on the menu as written. Vegan would require the chef making something special. I would not be surprised if they did a terrific job, but I would give them 24h notice!

My DH is a vegetarian and friends are vegan. I have cooked both. It would be worth asking at Sabatini's (in advance) if they can do vegan meals. There is a lot of cream and cheese in their dishes. You can find veggie selections on the menu as written. Vegan would require the chef making something special. I would not be surprised if they did a terrific job, but I would give them 24h notice!

Thank you! Would definitely give plenty of notice. We'll think about it - might be worth trying something a little different than the MDR one night!

The third item down on the Antipasti listing of the sample menu may be the single best thing I had the last time we were there. We shared one for the table, but were I a vegetable-tarian, I would have been very, very happy to eat that all by myself. (It's served cold, so if one insists on something hot during the meal, order that as an app and move on to the Artichoke Souffle and a meatless pasta.)

Yes! I definitely agree about the appetizer with porcini mushrooms:). The artichoke souffle, too:). And the pasta:)

Lets eat!