Boarding delayed on Diamond for sanitation

I'll keep my eyes open for some next time I'm near a travel store. I looked in a discount chemist earlier today just in case but they didn't have anything like it.

They are found sometimes in stores like "hot dollar", "top bargains" or the "reject shop" along with all their other travel knick knacks.:D

Hi Boeckli

Love your screen very creative wish I could do the same. DH & I were on the same Cherry Blossom cruise with you. Same date and many of my photos are similar to yours esp the volcano, wasn't that something. If I remember it took the crew a couple of days to wash the ash of "The Dawn". We still keep in touch with some great friends we made on that trip in 2009. I laugh when I think about the band in ? Japan playing "Star Spangled Banner" as we docked. Some passengers around us started singing "Waltzing Matilda". I think the ship was supposed to be full of Americans who pulled out after the economy crashed.

Just off Celebrity Solstice. They have public toilets with electronic doors so you never ever have to touch the door handles. Just nudge the button with your elbow or use one of the individual towels and drop it in the wash bin before leaving. At night they post staff in there who pass you towels and turn the water on for you as well as opening the door for you when leaving. Excellent.

Also their policy in the buffet is that the first 72 hrs of every cruise buffet food is served by the staff to ensure any lingering "germs" from the previous pax and any new ones brought on board have a good chance to "die off"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just off Celebrity Solstice. They have public toilets with electronic doors so you never ever have to touch the door handles. Just nudge the button with your elbow or use one of the individual towels and drop it in the wash bin before leaving. At night they post staff in there who pass you towels and turn the water on for you as well as opening the door for you when leaving. Excellent.

Also their policy in the buffet is that the first 72 hrs of every cruise buffet food is served by the staff to ensure any lingering "germs" from the previous pax and any new ones brought on board have a good chance to "die off"

I am sure that the attendants force some people to wash their hands, when they normally wouldn't. It can only be a good thing.:D

Sounds like a great idea! Just have to find a way to get everyone to actually practise good hygiene without constant monitoring. :(

Not quite every one. Just off the next and it was self-service all the way!

Maybe there was a residual issue on your previous cruise.

Not quite every one. Just off the next and it was self-service all the way!

Maybe there was a residual issue on your previous cruise.

Did you just come off the 3-night CTN?

We were told that the 72-hour non-self-serve was for all cruises longer than 7 days (might have been 10). In any case, it was applied on both our 12 day Solstice sailings in Oct and Dec 2013. In fact, on the Oct 23 one, the self-service was withdrawn again after 3 or 4 days (due to health concerns).

Did you just come off the 3-night CTN?

We were told that the 72-hour non-self-serve was for all cruises longer than 7 days (might have been 10). In any case, it was applied on both our 12 day Solstice sailings in Oct and Dec 2013. In fact, on the Oct 23 one, the self-service was withdrawn again after 3 or 4 days (due to health concerns).

Yes, I did. I'll be sailing on her again in a few months to see then... it seems odd to do it only on longer cruises.