Tipping With Drink Package

You will get great service, regardless! Remember, if you bought a package, the bartenders get 15% of the cost of the package, so they ARE getting tipped.

We seldom tip additionally when we purchase a drink....but, if we frequent one particular bar/bartender, we will extend an additional tip on the last night as is customary. Our service has always been wonderful!

As I have understood it, the 15% is divided among all bar staff throughout the ship for each sailing and even to the back bar staff. Adding an extra tip, I have been told, goes directly to the bartender that has presented the check for signature each time.

Tipping is personal and an additional tip is not necessary. I find it is greatly appreciated.

If it is a bartender I use infrequently I just add $1 or $2 each time. If it is a bar I frequent often I prefer to tip one to three larger tips throughout the cruise on one of the checks presented.

Oddly, these extra tips sometimes do not show up until a day later.

When I have a soda package and frequent the solarium bar daily, access to the concierge lounge or a favorite bartender that I frequent daily, I go around with envelopes the last night of the cruise.