Updates To Dry-Dock Schedule

thecruiserofships

Have all the ships received the updating of the generators and engine areas that was announced after the Triumph debacle?

Sorry, I don't know about this. Maybe someone else on here would know.

I only have information released by Carnival and from the booking engine. I only know about enhancements when the official press release comes out.

My personal guess is that they are still slowly adding this stuff, but I really have no idea. I would think they would want to get this stuff onboard ASAP because the generators and engine updates are essential.

Edited by thecruiserofships

Have all the ships received the updating of the generators and engine areas that was announced after the Triumph debacle?

A bunch of ships have Caterpillar generators in shipping containers tied down to the funnel deck.

Edited by Branman

I have seen a few pictures of those. Would the generator come out in the event of a loss of power or is the generator waiting to be installed?

Those generators are already be hooked up to the power system. The existing emergency generators are installed on the highest deck next to the funnel. The Caterpillar ones just augment the existing generators.

Edited by Branman

I was hoping for Guy's Burgers on Valor for a September 14 cruise we are planning. On the booking site I use to book airline rates there is 14 day gap at the end of July and first sailing in August.

I assumed that was for a dry dock, although it could be a charter or something I guess.

I could care less about the rest of 2.0 upgrades but I love Guy's Burgers.

Edited by wrf2e

I was hoping for Guy's Burgers on Valor for a September 14 cruise we are planning. On the booking site I use to book airline rates there is 14 day gap at the end of July and first sailing in August.

I assumed that was for a dry dock, although it could be a charter or something I guess.

I could care less about the rest of 2.0 upgrades but I love Guy's Burgers.

Try looking at the same dates on the Carnival booking engine and see if there is a gap. Exactly what dates were you looking at?

Those generators are already be hooked up to the power system. The existing emergency generators are installed on the highest deck next to the funnel. The Caterpillar ones just augment the existing generators.

I agree with everything you mentioned, but I also heard that there are some existing emergency equipment in the engine room. I think the stuff that is in the Caterpillar is additional. Is this right?

I agree with everything you mentioned, but I also heard that there are some existing emergency equipment in the engine room. I think the stuff that is in the Caterpillar is additional. Is this right?

They are changing the power interconnects in the engine rooms to be redundant so that a single engine room can power the ship. This has been the standard for new builds since the Splendor fire and was implemented in the Breeze. This is also exactly what caused the Triumph incident-- the fire took out a power relay that was critical.

The Caterpillar stuff is additional, but any true emergency stuff is going to be located on the top decks since that would be the last to sink.

They are changing the power interconnects in the engine rooms to be redundant so that a single engine room can power the ship. This has been the standard for new builds since the Splendor fire and was implemented in the Breeze. This is also exactly what caused the Triumph incident-- the fire took out a power relay that was critical.

The Caterpillar stuff is additional, but any true emergency stuff is going to be located on the top decks since that would be the last to sink.

Do you still think freedom is getting major upgrades? Prides drydock is 3 weeks and it is getting a lot. Don't see how they could get it done in 2 weeks on the freedom.

• 2 weeks later...
Talked to Carnival today. Legend will be finished Feb 15th but he couldn't give me details

You probably had the same rep I had when I called about the Magic last Sunday about the fog delay and the new itinerary. The rep didn't even know the Magic sailing was delayed because of fog.

The Legend is getting some 2.0 upgrades and some new water recreation spots that were stated in press release a few months ago.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought I read here on a thread that was zapped that an announcement was supposed to be made about the Freedom upgrades on 3/13. Guess I was wrong!

We've had several announcements that there would be an announcement followed by an announcement that said announcement would announced at a later date....:p

We've had several announcements that there would be an announcement followed by an announcement that said announcement would announced at a later date....:p

Okay, I LOL'd...and my cat woke up. :)