Steam Room on Royal Princess

canadiancruisers11

Is there not a steam and sauna in the change rooms anymore? Can someone let me know. This was a daily ritual on all the other ships, do I have to pay for the week now just to get into the thermal?

Thanks

Craig

All of that is located in the Enclave . I am the same as you so we did it ! It is $159 p.p. and we thought it was worth every dollar. Take a tour when you get on and you will be impressed. They only sell 40 passes for the week !

How small is the area if they only sell 40 passes?

Is it co ed or is 40 women & 40 men?

At 40 people were you in there by yourself or does it ever get busy?

At 3600 pax can you sign up before you board?

I use steam and sauna every day when I cruise so just wondering.

Thank you for your response.

As stated by a previous poster steam room is in the Enclave. I also paid for the entire T/A. I can't remember the cost but it wasn't cheap. I was told that I bought the last pass. I really liked the enclave. The most I saw it crowded was six people. Usually though there was never more than 2 or 3 other people besides me in the Enclave.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

That's a shame. I loved the steam and sauna before dinner and my wife could get ready back at the room without me hovering. Now I gotta compete for a pass ugh

If you want to do it I would get the Enclave by Monday. It usually sells out from what we saw . My friend bought a pass on tues so you never know when it will sell out. We always had enough room for everyone. I never saw more than 10 people at a time. It is coed and I believe you will enjoy it. Take the tour on Sunday and decide for yourself and I believe that you will see for yourself ! Have a great cruise

Thanks Fielddreamer for the tip. How's the steam? Super hot? Any aromatherapy wafting thru? And that co-ed? Wow just like Europe

The steam room was the best controled room I have ever been in since I been a little boy on land or sea. It was like perfect eveytime ! The photos look blured since it fogged the lens ! The spa area is like 90 degrees

IMG_0009.jpg.accd5c0ddd2188d5b3c333bea83977e6.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg.bac24350f6759604cf839110481e3240.jpg

My hubby's favourite relaxing thing to do is to go to the sauna after a workout. He was very disappointed that not only is it extra to go to the one on the Royal but it is not located by the gym. He may get the pass for our upcoming cruise but says it just won't be quite the same. The Enclave does look lovely though so I have been encouraging him to give it a try and see.

My hubby's favourite relaxing thing to do is to go to the sauna after a workout. He was very disappointed that not only is it extra to go to the one on the Royal but it is not located by the gym. He may get the pass for our upcoming cruise but says it just won't be quite the same. The Enclave does look lovely though so I have been encouraging him to give it a try and see.

Try the Norwegian Breakaway...You will be blown away with the Spa...which is included complimentary with all Spa-Balcony Staterooms. Absolutely beautiful facility, with an awesome view of the ocean. We were on the Royal Princess last week and it did not compare to NCL Breakaway.

I always enjoyed using the dry sauna and steamroom on my cruise which up until now was free. I also enjoyed the rooms to be separated male and female. The availability and cost is outlandish IMO so I will not be doing this. I do believe I shall stay with the older ships. Too bad as the Royal looked really interesting.

I always enjoyed using the dry sauna and steamroom on my cruise which up until now was free. I also enjoyed the rooms to be separated male and female. The availability and cost is outlandish IMO so I will not be doing this. I do believe I shall stay with the older ships. Too bad as the Royal looked really interesting.

Agree with you completely. Was a good place to wind down when it was free

Great shots thanks for sharing those. Hard to believe they would charge that much for a week when inside cabins are going for just under 400 bucks lol. Oh well, money talks I guess

The same line of thought can also apply to The Sanctuary and specialty restaurants. We each have our priorities, and to paraphrase Yoda, 'Do or don't, there is no try'. It is what it is.

And for the two weeks I was aboard Royal Princess in December I only WISH my inside cabin was 'just under 400 bucks'. lol ;)

The same line of thought can also apply to The Sanctuary and specialty restaurants. We each have our priorities, and to paraphrase Yoda, 'Do or don't, there is no try'. It is what it is.

And for the two weeks I was aboard Royal Princess in December I only WISH my inside cabin was 'just under 400 bucks'. lol ;)

Touché my friend. Good point. I just miss the free steam and sauna. We're on there Feb 16 so looking forward to chillin' out down there