Would you take the Allegrissimo package again?

tbmrt

Skier52 We paid $539. pp for our B1 balcony. Adding the $57. pp a day premium pkge to our cruise would total $1876. for the week. The yacht club was $1900. pp for the same week, and rate.

Sometime the yacht club is a better deal, sometimes it isn't, as on our week.

Yes you're right of course, and I know that it is usually more expensive in the YC..But I do say

it can work out cheaper to have a YC1 cabin over a balcony cabin ( B3 + allegrissimo.)
not it will work out cheaper. I Know that these pricings come around every now and then as I myself have done it.

What I'm trying to get across is it is worth doing the maths at the time of booking because , as my example shows, it is possible to get More for Less money

We found the vouchers to better suit our needes since we travel with our two small kids, so can't spend too much time at the bars plus the kids would also have to get the package, which makes it completely uneconomical.

The original discussion was not about Allegrissimo vs. YC, it was just about Allegrissimo. Most MSC ships do not even have Yacht Club so this is simply not an issue for the rest of us.

Please refocus!

Tim.

Sorry, Tim; it was a temporary bout of insanity caused by thinking about vitamin bars...

We found the vouchers to better suit our needes since we travel with our two small kids, so can't spend too much time at the bars plus the kids would also have to get the package, which makes it completely uneconomical.

As my husband does not drink and we are not great eaters of ice cream, I cannot justify the cost and have pre-order packages like you. These seem reasonably priced and by my calculation they will work out much cheaper for us non drinkers on divina!(Well I have bought a cocktail package for myself.....!!)I will compare costs and cover in my review when I get back as this may help non or light drinkers decide what to book

The original discussion was not about Allegrissimo vs. YC, it was just about Allegrissimo. Most MSC ships do not even have Yacht Club so this is simply not an issue for the rest of us.

Please refocus!

Tim.

Skipper Tim, You've completely missed the point. my posts are very relevant to the allegressimo package and would you take it again.

I am pointing out that when considereing having an allegrissimo package "AGAIN" that it may be worthwhile looking at the total cost and seeing if other places on the ship give better value for money, by which I mean the yacht club and it being AI within the price.

I don't consider that every thread or post must be of interest to everyone, I for one have no interest in kid's club's.

And How do I become a member of the forum police and sit in judgement of others with you?

Pete

(being less than my usual good natured self and a trifle more blunt as you were!!!)

It's very simple. For MSC to offer the service, they already know how much the average or typical passenger will consume. Thus if you are well above the average you should buy the package, if you are well bellow you should definitely not buy it. If you are in the middle you will likely spend the same (maybe you drink more than usual).

For us it's just not worth it. According to my previous holiday experiences, both at sea and on land, in general southern europeans tend to drink much less than northern europeans or americans so if your usual lifestyle and cultural attitude towards vacation does not involve large or moderate quantities of alcohol, just do the math and see if it's worth it.

We totally agree with Alex71: For the caribbean sailings, with two kids, the cost of four all inclusive packages does not make sense for our family of four. However, the beer coupons will be doubled on our next sailing, and possibly two wine packages. Those are the real values. The mixed drink vouchers are not such a value. The all inclusive packages would cost our family $924 for a seven day sailing, about half what our balcony cabin with meals will cost. Each to his own....

Edited by neptuno

Are you able to use the drink pkge,/vouchers, or your MSC card on Great Stirrup Cay, the private Island beach day? Or do you need cash?

Our beer coupons were honored, but they were sold out of the better beers. We were not the first off the tender, but it appeared that the beach bars had only limited selection. You could ask MSC USA, but sometimes the office can't be sure what wine is available, so they might not be sure about the island bar menus.

We are doing our first MSC cruise Nov., 11 day Med with 9 ports, on fantasia.

How much is package? We are not big mixed drinkers, but DH loves wine. And I like some whites, or sweeter wines and beer. So not sure what dif is between package and buying drink coupons. And keep in mind, we only have 2 sea days. Please tell me what you think.

We are doing our first MSC cruise Nov., 11 day Med with 9 ports, on fantasia.

How much is package? We are not big mixed drinkers, but DH loves wine. And I like some whites, or sweeter wines and beer. So not sure what dif is between package and buying drink coupons. And keep in mind, we only have 2 sea days. Please tell me what you think.

There are several all inclusive packages offered, and they differ in Europe from what we get in the Caribbean. You'll have to check with MSC. That said, after the math is done, the all inclusive packages do not make sense for our family, as all four would need to buy in. So, the beer and soda coupons and the dinner wine coupons are the way we go. However, others who consume more have recommended the all inclusives, you'll have to do your own math.

• 1 month later...

I was really trying to determine if the package is worth it, but truly I can't see where it would be. I don't drink coffee, nor do I like coke products so I don't need worry about those, also not a wine drinker.

So assuming the package covers cocktails at 7.25 each I would have to order at least 8 just to break even for the premium. I just don't think I can manage that in a day. Though they mention the pastry and gelateria, nowhere can I find prices of items here or what is offered. If in the end I only bought a couple items there, again not sure it is worth it. Might be nice to see a menu for these to know their offerings. I have yet to find a post in searching from anyone showing these things.

That being said, then it comes down to the next package at $44 a day, then I am at 6 drinks to break even.

I saw cocktails at $7.25 and $7.50, but seemed to state it didn't cover the 7.50 cocktails.

It is all very confusing.

I will pay the 23 euro/day charge in Europe for the Classic allegrissimo. Great deal and loved it especially having the wine at dinner and bottled water. However would not pay the $44 /day charge for sailings out of USA.

I will pay the 23 euro/day charge in Europe for the Classic allegrissimo. Great deal and loved it especially having the wine at dinner and bottled water. However would not pay the $44 /day charge for sailings out of USA.

That is a bit better deal, as 23 Euro only seems to come out to around $32 US dollars. I just really don't see how the $57 package is worth it.