follow up bed question

naturist

Sounds like the pull down bunk is way to short for a 6'2" adult. We have a mini suite and taking our adult son and daughter. How about the pull out sofa, about what size would it be? big enough for brother/sister to share and still have room?

From past cruises I recall the sofa makes into nothing more than a twin size bed if I remember. What about taking the bedding off of the pull down and finding a spot on the floor?

It might be a 3/4 size bed at best as the size of it is much closer to a two cusion love seat than a full sized couch. It will be uncomfortable for two. Also when extended it won't be any longer than the drop down bed. Same goes for a roll away.

I am not sure of this, but I am positive someone on CC will have my answer. Please be sure to book a room that will accommodate 4 people. I know that some mini-suites will only bed 3 people. There will not be enough room for an air mattress and a pull out.

Good luck.

We changed to this cabin after our son decided to join us. Princess said this is a mini suite set up for 4 adults and since we are traveling on a Princess employee discount we can't really complain.

Sounds like the pull down bunk is way to short for a 6'2" adult. We have a mini suite and taking our adult son and daughter. How about the pull out sofa, about what size would it be? big enough for brother/sister to share and still have room?

From past cruises I recall the sofa makes into nothing more than a twin size bed if I remember. What about taking the bedding off of the pull down and finding a spot on the floor?

No the pullout loveseat is not a full size pullout bed.

Its only a partial.

Not big enough for 2. :eek:

Totally agree that the sofa bed is NOT big enough for 2 adults (or even 2 teenagers!).

You still have to book a quad cabin or they cannot be in there with you. If you choose not to use the pull-down bed, the cabin steward may tell you it's not part of their fire safety protocol to have a bed on the floor. I think it just depends on how "by the book" the cabin steward is. He/she may just overlook a blow-up air mattress.

Why not just get them an inside cabin across from you? Is it the cost? It's usually not that much more and then you've got 2 bathrooms which is a lifesaver with 4 adults in a cabin!

We haven't had any luck finding a sofa bed on-board that is even somewhat comfortable. (And we usually don't complain about much.) Our 6'2" son just slept on one for 4 nights and even with two foam pads added it was terrible.(Sapphire- we appreciated our cabin steward's help to try to make it more comfortable though!) We recommend bringing an inflatable mattress to add to it!

It would not sleep 2.

Once we took the sofa bed and had the kids use the two regular singles. Wouldn't do that again either.

Edited by Calif. Cruisers
added ing

• 2 months later...

Thank you to all the responses. We just returned and have to say the bed question was no problem. The pull down bed was large enough for our 6'2" son, he said the bed was great.Our daughter said the sofa/sleeper was also great. They put another mattress on it when they set it up and it was very soft and she slept very well.The two twins put together made a very nice if a little short bed for my wife and I. Our only complaint is that they should have flipped the room design and put the "bedroom" near the balcony and the "living" room near the cabin door and bathroom. With my wife and I going to bed earlier than the"kids", they had to keep going thru our bedroom when they came in or used the bathroom.Must say that the heavy curtain did a very good job of blocking out the light and noise from each side.