Freedom - Shows Question

L33_RYM

I'm going to piggyback on your question since I want the answer too. I also need to know what happens on the other four nights of the cruise. I asked Royal and was told that the shows probably were not scheduled yet. But, this is less than two weeks prior to the cruise. How could they not know what shows will be on? I wanted especially to know the times of these other shows so we could plan our dining times for MTD for our group of 26. I was told that I had to wait until we were on the ship. Seems kind of late to me but we are leaving on Sunday. So far I'm not really impressed with Royal as far as show times and dining times are concerned. Maybe it would work for 2 or 4 people but it's been a nightmare for our large group.

Thank you!

Marquee- Singing and Dancing, Broadway style

Once Upon a Time- Comedy, Songs, very cool props, DH fell asleep, but I enjoyed it

Now You See It- Very dramatic, yet cool magic show

Freedom Ice- Ice Skating and tricks to music. Was kind of confused, no true theme, they had 70's music and hippies, then went to Kimono outfits. There was a man in a huge metal hoop that did tricks, which was cool.

I think all the shows were about an hour?

In addition to the above shows:

There is a welcome back show, with singers and the cruise director who introduces himself and makes a few jokes.

There are a few late night stand up comedy shows

There is a farewell show, where you get to see some of head employees and clap for your favorites along with more singing

There are different activities throughout the day like "name that tune", basketball tournaments, scavenger hunts, karaoke contests, etc. where you can win a medal

Hi,

Can anyone tell me (or tell me where I can find out about) the shows?

On our cruise the shows are as follows:

Marquee

FreedomIce

Now You See It

Once Upon a Time

Has anyone seen any of these shows?

Here's a schedule. It will give you an idea of timing:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/showtimes/showtimes_FR.pdf

Here's a schedule. It will give you an idea of timing:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/showtimes/showtimes_FR.pdf

How do you get this schedule? We are going on a June 22 cruise, maybe it's too early to find out? I went online when I registered and the flyer that they have has June 23rd as a date, but no year listed, so I figured it was an old one, since the cruise is 6/22 (also FOS).

Thanks!

How do you get this schedule? We are going on a June 22 cruise, maybe it's too early to find out? I went online when I registered and the flyer that they have has June 23rd as a date, but no year listed, so I figured it was an old one, since the cruise is 6/22 (also FOS).

Thanks!

That link is on the Freedom page of Royal's website. The PDF file that the link references changes periodically.

Since the shows are scheduled around the 2 traditional dining times, that may have been a better choice for your large party....that way, you would have tables ready and waiting for all of you, and your showtimes would already be set!

If you make standing reservations for MTD at one of the "traditional" seating times, you'll never have to miss a show, or rush to it!

Hi,

Can anyone tell me (or tell me where I can find out about) the shows?

On our cruise the shows are as follows:

Marquee

FreedomIce

Now You See It

Once Upon a Time

Has anyone seen any of these shows?

Just got off Freedom yesterday. We saw all of the shows and enjoyed them. The singers in Marquee and Once Upon a Time were very talented!

Since the shows are scheduled around the 2 traditional dining times, that may have been a better choice for your large party....that way, you would have tables ready and waiting for all of you, and your showtimes would already be set!

If you make standing reservations for MTD at one of the "traditional" seating times, you'll never have to miss a show, or rush to it!

The problem is that since we booked 6 months out the only option available was MTD so that's why we have it. I tried to book dinner times at 7 PM or 7:30 PM but was told that was not an option either. So now we're stuck with 5:30 which is a ridiculous time to eat supper since we're just finishing lunch. That's the only time that would allow us to make it to the 9 PM show. Also, never having seen the shows yet, I think an hour and a half for a show is way too long but we'll review it again after the cruise. NCL was a pain to work with for a group and Royal is not much better. Both of those lines keep saying to use the flexible dining because you can do what you want when you want, except that's not true if you want to see any shows and you can't get the dining times you want. After a couple of calls to Royal where we were told just to wait until we get on the ship to make dining arrangements I got very nervous and made the early dining reservations but we're not happy with that at all. Personally, I may just skip the shows and eat at a later time and the group will not be eating together.

The problem is that since we booked 6 months out the only option available was MTD so that's why we have it. I tried to book dinner times at 7 PM or 7:30 PM but was told that was not an option either. So now we're stuck with 5:30 which is a ridiculous time to eat supper since we're just finishing lunch. That's the only time that would allow us to make it to the 9 PM show. Also, never having seen the shows yet, I think an hour and a half for a show is way too long but we'll review it again after the cruise. NCL was a pain to work with for a group and Royal is not much better. Both of those lines keep saying to use the flexible dining because you can do what you want when you want, except that's not true if you want to see any shows and you can't get the dining times you want. After a couple of calls to Royal where we were told just to wait until we get on the ship to make dining arrangements I got very nervous and made the early dining reservations but we're not happy with that at all. Personally, I may just skip the shows and eat at a later time and the group will not be eating together.

Just breathe....Take it from me (Yes, a perfect total stranger!:p) I sincerely doubt that you will not be able to switch dining once on board. I believe they prefer prepaid tips, which you must pay with MTD. (Logically speaking, which is easier for the staff to plan- a large group that ou never know WHEN they will show up or give them the same time/wait staff every night?) Go on day one to the dining room with your biggest smile :D and every expectation that they will help (AKA-FIX) with your problem. Freedom is a GREAT ship and staff is fantastic! I think sometimes, they need to have the on board staff train the state side staff. :rolleyes: Wishing your group a fantastic time, especially YOU!

Thank you. We are very much Carnival people and this will be our second Royal cruise. The group chose which cruises we have been going on. NCL and Royal customer service has been pretty horrible and it was very easy to deal with Carnival. I do think that Royal's ships are nicer looking than Carnival but so far Carnival wins on everything else. However, we are looking forward to the Freedom of the Seas. It will be the largest ship we have ever been on and I am sure that we will have a great time.

There's someone you can e-mail, I don't have it but someone will probably chime in.

Apparently you can e-mail this person with requests and see what happens. Not sure if that applies to MTD, but maybe they can fit you in to second seating traditional.

You should mention how you are trying RCCL from the other lines, that's like a red flag to a bull.