Ultimate dining pkg reviews

samiams2

[quote name='P&Lcruising'][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I specifically asked my awesome PCC last night if the extra charge items at Cagney's were included in the UDP and she said you get 20% off.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[quote name='Love my butler']Second hand from a PCC? Haha, totally disregard that answer. I think random posters on CC have a better accuracy average.[/quote]

[SIZE=3]We have the best PCC at NCL
[/SIZE] Edited by P&Lcruising

[quote name='kurukthemal']In the Terms & Conditions section it mentions that "a la carte" restaurants are not included. On the Pearl, what are the a la carte restaurants? Thanks![/quote]
I believe on the Pearl, only the Sushi restaurant is a la carte.

Just want to give my 2 cents. We paid $199 for out 14 day cruise.

$15 for Ginza

$15x2 for La Cuchina

$20x2 for Le Bistro

$20x2 for Moderno

$25x3 for Teppanyaki

$30x3 for Cagneys

Total if we didn't pay for the UDP was $290. Only a 91 "savings".

However we only at the food in the main dining room 2 lunches. Did not eat in Aqua at all and had 2 buffet snack level meals.

We struggled to get our money's worth because some days we just were too full from all of our meals in Cagneys at lunch and breakfast.

The total days of your cruise should be considered as well when pricing this out. Had this been a 10 day cruise, we would have lost money.

My wife and I have discussed this at length and will never do the UDP again. The menus are too static to pay extra to eat the same meals over and over again.

And my 18 year old son only saved $20 on this plan.

The adventure is in the planning. Edited by kingclick

[quote name='rvsullivan']And post number 6 says this"
"Ummm, gonna have to disagree with this. We were on the Epic last week and had the UDP as well and I was definitely charged additional for the lobster at Le Bistro."
[I]Also a couple of post further down now stating PCC's are saying 20% off lobster in the specialties. So, do we go with what NCL is saying and one on board poster or the other poster that says lobster is free?[/I][/QUOTE]

I thought the whole point of this thread, as asked by the OP was first hand accounts by people who have actually used the UDP?!??!!?

[QUOTE]The other threads are already filled with all the speculation and hearsay [B]so please keep this to those who have tried it only please. If you have an opinion but haven't tried the UDP personally, please post in the other threads. Actual reviews only please![/B][/QUOTE]

That was the only actual UDP user answering thus far in this thread.

I thank you for your first hand account on the Epic, that says that you could not get the lobster as part of the program.

But I wish the mods would delete the folks posting what their wonderful PCC's are saying, because again, that is NOT first hand experiences, as was asked for by the OP in the original post. (getting off topic, for sure)

I don't care or trust what some random worker bee in Miami, has to say about a newly rolled out program, that they are just reading the info from a script or "guessing" what the details of the program mean. (because info gotten from worker bees at corporate headquaters has proven in the past, so reliable)

So thank you to all of the folks who have actually used the UDP and are relaying the information the OP asked for. (and those of us following are looking for)

All of the "My wonderful PCC told me this" stories should be moved into the "this is what I think or my PCC thinks may happen" thread about the UDP...
Let all of the speculation, wishes and fantasies stay in there.

I appreciate the OP, for TRYING to create a FACT based thread about the UDP. Edited by bguppies

[quote name='dalgirl']Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?
A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package.

Sorry, they ripped you off. I would print out the faqs from the NCL website and take it with me. With any new program there is the possibility of confusion on the crew's part.[/QUOTE]

The lobster is not on the regular menu but is an extra charge in the specialty restaurant so makes sense it would also be extra charge on UDP. No rip off.

[quote name='bguppies']

I don't care or trust what some random worker bee in Miami, has to say about a newly rolled out program, that they are just reading the info from a script or "guessing" what the details of the program mean. (because info gotten from worker bees at corporate headquaters has proven in the past, so reliable)

I appreciate the OP, for TRYING to create a FACT based thread about the UDP.[/QUOTE]

They are not all even in Miami. The one I talked to when switching my cruise was in AZ of all places.

[quote name='NMLady']The lobster is not on the regular menu but is an extra charge in the specialty restaurant so makes sense it would also be extra charge on UDP. No rip off.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you need to read the answer again it says ALL items listed on the menus. That might not be what they meant but it what they wrote. Its is on the menu as an upcharge.

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?
A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Edited by Alzaman

Does anyone have a scan of what the kids get to eat.

When I was on the Epic, they never gave us a kids menu so we ordered off the adult menu...

Also curious can I just go in and order desert??

Eat at one, then later in the night go into another for just the desert.

Oh, and one more thing...tips?

[quote name='xcell']Does anyone have a scan of what the kids get to eat.

When I was on the Epic, they never gave us a kids menu so we ordered off the adult menu...

Oh, and one more thing...tips?[/QUOTE]

According to the terms and conditions that I read when looking into ordering it for my up upcoming cruise on the Dawn, Kids eat free off the basic kids menu (you have to ask for it) or eat at half price on the regular specialty menu.

Do know for certain about the eat at one and go later to another for dessert but I don't see there being a problem with that.

Q. ARE GRATUITIES INCLUDED IN THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE PURCHASE PRICE?
A. No. If you wish to recognize the crew for their service, you may do so at time of service using the gratuity line on the check. Plus, a beverage gratuity of 15% will automatically be added to all beverage sales. (This is straight from the terms and conditions)

[quote name='johnql']There aren't all that many first-hand reports yet, but someone on this thread did state that you can eat in more than one specialty restaurant in the same day. I'd love to hear additional reports that confirm this.[/QUOTE]

I sent an email to ncl and asked them that question. Here is the response:
"There’s no limit to how many restaurants you can eat at in one night. Enjoy your trip!"

[quote name='xcell']Does anyone have a scan of what the kids get to eat.

Oh, and one more thing...tips?[/QUOTE]

Well I have a large sweet tooth and I was wondering the same... :)

Just for a creme brulee per night on top of our dinner...now that is worth it for me !!

Again since I sail only in October, the rules will have changed at least 3 times!

Have fun !!

[quote name='Monalis']According to the terms and conditions that I read when looking into ordering it for my up upcoming cruise on the Dawn, Kids eat free off the basic kids menu (you have to ask for it) or eat at half price on the regular specialty menu[/QUOTE]

So it sounds like DH and I could pay for the UDP and the kids could eat for free off of the basic menu (as long as we ask for the menu - thanks for that tip!). They will only eat mac n cheese and chicken nuggets anyway. ;)

But, on the topic of kids, are kids welcome in these premium restaurants? The fact that you have to ask for that menu concerns me. Our kids are 10 and 7 and are VERY used to eating at various levels of restaurants (we eat out ALOT...lol). Because of their experience, and the fact that we keep them on a short leash, I am not worried about their behavior. I just don't want to be the only family in a dining room full of adults. If it matters, we would probably eat between 5-6pm???

[quote name='GoofyCrew']So it sounds like DH and I could pay for the UDP and the kids could eat for free off of the basic menu (as long as we ask for the menu - thanks for that tip!). They will only eat mac n cheese and chicken nuggets anyway. ;)

But, on the topic of kids, are kids welcome in these premium restaurants? The fact that you have to ask for that menu concerns me. Our kids are 10 and 7 and are VERY used to eating at various levels of restaurants (we eat out ALOT...lol). Because of their experience, and the fact that we keep them on a short leash, I am not worried about their behavior. I just don't want to be the only family in a dining room full of adults. If it matters, we would probably eat between 5-6pm???[/QUOTE]

I really think it depends on the resturant and time you'll be eating. There is a big difference between eating in La Cucina at 6 and Le Bistro at 8. I think you should be fine if you eat between 5-6pm and if they are as behaved as you say they are. I would stay away from the fancier restaurants (Le Bistro, Cagney's, ect..) on the "dress up or not" nights.

[quote name='GoofyCrew']....But, on the topic of kids, are kids welcome in these premium restaurants? The fact that you have to ask for that menu concerns me. Our kids are 10 and 7 and are VERY used to eating at various levels of restaurants (we eat out ALOT...lol). Because of their experience, and the fact that we keep them on a short leash, I am not worried about their behavior. I just don't want to be the only family in a dining room full of adults. If it matters, we would probably eat between 5-6pm???[/QUOTE]

Right now we have reservations at all of the specialty restaurants between 6 and 6:30 for us with our 2 daughters aged 8 & 5. We'll ask for the kids menu, but still give them the option of ordering off the main menu as well. We are very sensitive to our children being loud. But in the past we've noticed that the specialty restaurants were always loud as well. As long as the children aren't having a tantrum or doing something disturbing I don't see it being a problem.

[quote name='GoofyCrew']So it sounds like DH and I could pay for the UDP and the kids could eat for free off of the basic menu (as long as we ask for the menu - thanks for that tip!). They will only eat mac n cheese and chicken nuggets anyway. ;)

But, on the topic of kids, are kids welcome in these premium restaurants? The fact that you have to ask for that menu concerns me. Our kids are 10 and 7 and are VERY used to eating at various levels of restaurants (we eat out ALOT...lol). Because of their experience, and the fact that we keep them on a short leash, I am not worried about their behavior. I just don't want to be the only family in a dining room full of adults. If it matters, we would probably eat between 5-6pm???[/quote]

We were on the Epic Jan 11. Ate at Moderno & Tepanyaki. A little later, probably like 7-7:30, both times saw kids, ranging from little ones up to 10-12, neither time was any problem. They're weren't a lot of kids, but at least a few tables both times.

I honestly don't care how old your kids are if they are well behaved. I'd rather have a 2-year-old angel next to me than a 12-year-old brat

[quote name='danh78']I honestly don't care how old your kids are if they are well behaved. I'd rather have a 2-year-old angel next to me than a 12-year-old brat[/QUOTE]

Amen! I guess that is another thing to consider. If we keep our monsters under control I would expect others to do the same. I don't want to spend extra money to have our meal ruined any quicker than I would want to ruin anyone else's meal.

Thanks for the input, everyone! So excited :D