Royal Replenish package and specialty coffee/tea

mspink98

Woah, I was reading over these packages just a couple months ago and read that both me and my wife would be charged for the alcoholic packages.... and now I can't find that wording anywhere. Thanks for pointing that out!

That's new since about the beginning of the year. Sometimes changes are for the better.

We upgraded last night from the Coke package to the Replenish (unlimited non-alcoholic) for our Freedom cruise next month. I asked on the phone, but the rep was about as knowledgeable as we've come to expect :rolleyes: so I figured I'd ask here.

Does "Premium coffee and tea" in this package include Starbucks drinks? If not, where can I get a latte or try out one of the premium teas?

Specific to Freedom...go to Cafe Promenade's coffee bar. You get Starbucks espresso in Starbucks cups with your choice of a clear (or white?) straw with RCCL's logo or a green straw with Starbucks' logo. Looks and tastes just like Starbucks. But it's Cafe Promenade.

And it's 100% included with the Replenish package.

Curious... do they take any measures to ensure passengers don't cheat the system? I know with the alcoholic packages we're required to purchase it for each person in the stateroom, but I didn't see anything like that for the non-alcoholic packages. If I buy the Royal Replenish package, is there anything to stop me from handing my wife my card so she can get something? Or even me just hitting up two separate bars for a coke at each?

When DH and I both wanted a bottled water or a coffee or whatever, with our Replenish package on Freedom we took both cards to get it and they ran both cards. They QUICKLY got to know us and knew our orders and everything, it was absolutely amazing. And once the bartender at Bull and Bear just gave me two waters with just my one card; I had seen him the first night, then on the 7th night this happened, and he remembered me, my NAME, and my order (the two waters, though both times I also bought a beer as well). It was...it was amazing.

So, I'm probably going to get the replenish package for my teens on our upcoming cruise ...

What I'm wondering about is what might be available with this package while on Cococay? Last year when we were on Labadee getting my labadoozies was doable but a hassle and I know that they took them onto the island premade and in coolers. No blenders were operating on the island (at least that I saw).

Are there any more permanent bars on Cococay where the kids could get frozen non-alcoholic drinks? Are waters and sparkling waters available on the private islands? I can't remember what they do for sodas there either?

Any help?

Are there any more permanent bars on Cococay where the kids could get frozen non-alcoholic drinks? Are waters and sparkling waters available on the private islands? I can't remember what they do for sodas there either?

Any help?

Cocoa Cay bars are a mix of "shack bars" (with coolers of ice and bottles of premixed cocktail) and more permanent structures that do have frozen drink machines (if I remember correctly, anyway), and more extensive selection. So probably "yes".

Cocoa Cay bars are a mix of "shack bars" (with coolers of ice and bottles of premixed cocktail) and more permanent structures that do have frozen drink machines (if I remember correctly, anyway), and more extensive selection. So probably "yes".

That is great news! Can anyone tell me if there is one of these near snorkel beach? We plan on spending our day at that location and it would be great if there was more than a "shack bar" nearby. I have a map of cococay with the bars listed but it is hard to tell which may be more of the permanent type. Having a good bar nearby (since all of the adults will have the drink package) is just about as important as which beach on the island we end up at.

• 6 months later...
Great info so far. Just wondering if the Premium coffees include coffees ordered in the MDR for breakfast and After dinner. I enjoy a good espresso at these times, but don't want to have to go to the speciality coffee shop.

Thanks

Yes, the package includes premium coffee in the restaurants.

This will be our first cruise on Royal. I am noticing a price diff on most everything. We have always sailed on Princess and the drink packages are boo way near this pricey. I will definitely have to think about that.

• 5 months later...

Hi Folks,

I'm currently considering which drink package to get and the info above about premium coffee was very helpful, thank you.

Can anyone tell me what the free coffee included with the fare is like and where you can get it from? I've heard from various sources that it's horrible..

Hi Folks,

I'm currently considering which drink package to get and the info above about premium coffee was very helpful, thank you.

Can anyone tell me what the free coffee included with the fare is like and where you can get it from? I've heard from various sources that it's horrible..

Dependent upon the ship, but generally the free coffee is available at the dining room, buffet, and park cafe. I think on Voyager it was available at cafe promenade but not certain.

It's ok - basically like drip filter style and quite strong. I got the replenish package on my last cruise as I prefer lattes, and I was glad I did.

Thanks.

I'm a latte drinker too, but can put up with drip filter coffee if I have to. Not sure I would last 11 days without buying a proper coffee though!

The espresso based or 'premium coffee' started at about $4.25 if you want to just purchase the occasional cup :)

Thanks.

I'm a latte drinker too, but can put up with drip filter coffee if I have to. Not sure I would last 11 days without buying a proper coffee though!

Brad

Just drink the free stuff and buy a Latte when you want.

Or try the onboard brew the first few days and get the package later in the cruise if you want.

Australians & Americans are very different in our coffee tastes.

Lucky for us Aussies Royal has put a lot of work into making their ships serve coffee the Australian way & they have done well.

Don't touch the free coffee it's horrible. I had the replenish pack last year and it was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I purchased a Royal Replenish for our cruise coming up on the Quantum. Does anyone know if I can get fresh squeezed oj in the the restaurants that serve breakfast or is it only served in the WJ?

Carol

I was on Oasis and they served fresh oj in the MDR for breakfast.