Fort Lauderdale trolley

Joie

We are staying at the Gallery One and see that the Trolley is an option to use. Does it go to the beach and is it a long time between them coming around again?

Also want to just ride it to see the sites.....

Anyone have any info that has used it?

Thank you

We are staying at the Gallery One and see that the Trolley is an option to use. Does it go to the beach and is it a long time between them coming around again?

Also want to just ride it to see the sites.....

Anyone have any info that has used it?

Thank you

While waiting for folks with specific experience to answer your questions :D, you can check out their web site: http://www.suntrolley.com

Yes, it goes to the beach. There aren't really any sites to see from the trolley other than the beach. If you transfer near Las Olas Blvd to the downtown trolley route you can at least see what downtown looks like. The first driver should be able to direct you to that route.

Edited by royalcruz

Depending on time of day we have waited maybe 15 min tops. I wouldn't wait past that. I get antsy and start walking. ;) We were about to start our hike, when the trolley came in view.

Edited by eandj

Because, their ad states that it is wheel chair accessible, and that it stows bikes. Which is correct, the ad or your post in No. 8.

I know the buses carry bikes but I've never noticed the bike racks on any of the trolleys. I sat in the very front and didn't look in the back which I'm sure of where the wheelchair lift must be.

I stopped the trolley on the top of the Las Olas Bridge and took it about ten blocks.

I know the buses carry bikes but I've never noticed the bike racks on any of the trolleys. I sat in the very front and didn't look in the back which I'm sure of where the wheelchair lift must be.

I stopped the trolley on the top of the Las Olas Bridge and took it about ten blocks.

Ergo, your assessment was an assumption not a fact.

Thank you. I have checked it out but i doesn't describe the accessibility...ie if it has a wheelchair lift, etc.

From their website:

"The Sun Trolleys are environmentally-friendly bio-diesel vehicles that offer air-conditioned comfort and cool tunes. The trolleys are wheelchair accessible"

Also from their website:

" and have convenient bicycle carriers to stow your bike during your trip."

BlueHerons works hard to try to be helpful here, and she clearly stated that she was just giving an observation. Let's keep this forum a friendly place where people can state facts, opinions, and observations without being put on defense. If you find information that is different than what you are reading, just post it. :)

DW and I rode the trolley in Nov., we caught the trolley at Harbor Place and switched to a trolley at the beach going to Los Olas. Fun trip, the cost was $0.50 p.p., and I did not notice any equipment for wheel chairs. We took a taxi back to our hotel due bridge construction downtown, the trolleys were held up in traffic for over an hour.