What documentation do we need when we board?

pthjudy

We are taking our first Oceania cruise in a few weeks. I was putting all my travel documents together (air, hotel, etc) and I realized, unlike Princess our usual cruise line, we have no boarding passes. Do I keep that booklet that came with the luggage tags handy? So excited about boarding the Riviera and I don't want to look like a newbie!

We are taking our first Oceania cruise in a few weeks. I was putting all my travel documents together (air, hotel, etc) and I realized, unlike Princess our usual cruise line, we have no boarding passes. Do I keep that booklet that came with the luggage tags handy? So excited about boarding the Riviera and I don't want to look like a newbie!

Yes, but you can just take the page with all the personal information usually the first page.

You should also get an e-mail confirmation of your booking a couple of weeks before the cruise which we print and bring along.

We hate to rip thing out of the booklet although we take it along in the suitcase.

You will probably not be asked for anything when you board except for your name and credit card(:() but it is good to have some documentation just in case.

Depending on where you are boarding the security at the pier may want to see more than Oceania. If you received separate e-mails due to name differences or two booking be sure to have copies of both e-mails.

Good to hear we can expect an email a couple of weeks out. We received our beautiful booklet, but they left off our flight from Papeete to LAX :eek:! TA was advised and said we would get "final" documents about 21 days out. :confused: I thought what we received WERE the final docs. TA was kind enough to send me another copy of the flight info from Oceania. Will keep the booklet in the carryon or suitcase and make sure to have the email printed out. Whew! Glad someone asked this question!:)

Also noticed our booklet doesn't make mention of our prepaid gratuities and unlimited internet. Should that have shown up in there somewhere or will it be on the final email?

Good to hear we can expect an email a couple of weeks out. We received our beautiful booklet, but they left off our flight from Papeete to LAX :eek:! TA was advised and said we would get "final" documents about 21 days out. :confused: I thought what we received WERE the final docs. TA was kind enough to send me another copy of the flight info from Oceania. Will keep the booklet in the carryon or suitcase and make sure to have the email printed out. Whew! Glad someone asked this question!:)

Also noticed our booklet doesn't make mention of our prepaid gratuities and unlimited internet. Should that have shown up in there somewhere or will it be on the final email?

All the prepaid amounts are shown on the fully paid invoice you should have received from O.

Edited by orchestrapal

You should also get an e-mail confirmation of your booking a couple of weeks before the cruise which we print and bring along.

We hate to rip thing out of the booklet although we take it along in the suitcase.

You will probably not be asked for anything when you board except for your name and credit card(:() but it is good to have some documentation just in case.

Depending on where you are boarding the security at the pier may want to see more than Oceania. If you received separate e-mails due to name differences or two booking be sure to have copies of both e-mails.

We are leaving on February 2 but no email yet. Hope they didn't forget us!

I recently had the same issue on a Nautica cruise. Just be sure to check with your TA to make sure you DO have the perks. Mine never did all show up at the same time on the O docs (invoices or travel docs), but they were definitely there when we boarded.

Also, no one has mentioned, but you will need your passport to check in. They may keep it at that point, or it may be returned, depending on where you're travelling and the requirements they must follow.

Enjoy!

Edited by TKS

We just got our email from our TA. (Had to ask for it, though!). I printed out the pertinent PDF's. Do I still need to have that pretty booklet handy? Or can I pack it? Getting very excited about our very first Oceania cruise.

We just got our email from our TA. (Had to ask for it, though!). I printed out the pertinent PDF's. Do I still need to have that pretty booklet handy? Or can I pack it? Getting very excited about our very first Oceania cruise.

Bring the printed PDF that's titled "Final Cruise Vacation Summary."

(The name of the PDF file is <your_reservation#.pdf)

That page shows your name, res #, sail date, ship, room #, cabin category, departure and arrival info, contact info.

That page is also in the pretty booklet, but no need to bring the whole thing. Port security in NYC and Vancouver just needed to see that page.

If you choose not to bring the pretty booklet, don't forget your luggage tags that are in the back pocket. (If you forget them, no problem. The porters at the terminal can tag your bags with your room #.)

I recently had the same issue on a Nautica cruise. Just be sure to check with your TA to make sure you DO have the perks. Mine never did all show up at the same time on the O docs (invoices or travel docs), but they were definitely there when we boarded.

Also, no one has mentioned, but you will need your passport to check in. They may keep it at that point, or it may be returned, depending on where you're travelling and the requirements they must follow.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info. I DO have documentation from my TA (on their letterhead) that shows unlimited internet. Should I assume the emailed docs should show all the perks? Or are you saying something never actually showed up, but they had the info on the ship? (Sorry, just trying to clarify :o).

I did call Oceania directly about a passport question (only waited 5 minutes for a rep). The representative I spoke with was most helpful and even gave me information on how to look at our flight itinerary to see ALL the details (seats, meals, duration, equipment, etc). :)

On our last cruise on Regatta, none of the paperwork showed the Unlimited Internet except the billing statement from the TA. We brought a copy of the statement with us.

Then when we got to our cabin, there were cards for Free Gratuities and OBC but no card for the Unlimited Internet.

I asked the Internet Manager about it and he said they never give cards for the Internet but it was in the system. It was. No problem.

And by the way, I had zero problems with the Internet using the terminals at the Internet Center. But I heard lots of people discussing WiFi problems.

SweetPease, I just re-checked my final cruise documents, and none of the O-provided "perks" were listed in that document, only the OBC provided by our TA. And, like Jertom, when we boarded there was documentation in the cabin about the O-provided OBC and gratuities, but nothing about the free internet. A quick trip to the computer center (which we had to do to sign up for internet anyway) resulted in a positive answer.

I made sure I took along my TA's communication referencing all the "perks" just to have a basis for argument if I needed. Not needed, O did exactly as promised, but I felt better having the document in hand "just in case."