Beds on Celebrity

overthesea

How comfortable are the beds on Celebrity? Are the mattresses firm or soft? Are they pillowtop? Thanks for any info.

If your not comfortable you can ask that they bring an egg crate foam toppper...suites are very very comfy, aqua is very comfy...not sure about the other categories.

We've been in Oceanview, Balcony, Concierge and Aqua, and all of them seemed the same and quite good. In fact, I sleep fantastic on cruise.

Not sure if that is because of great bed, being at sea, being on vacation and relaxing....or the number of wines I consume each day!

Whatever it is, I sleep great!

Talked to the Dept Head to find out if we could get the mattresses at home and she gave me the name. It's somewhere buried in my notes but the point is, we loved the beds enough to want them at home.

Den

Edited by Denny01

Maybe it's just me, but I've felt the beds on most of the Celebrity cruises I've been on are basically a foam rubber mattress on a metal frame. They're passable and okay to sleep on for a while, but I sure wouldn't want one for my bed at home.

To me I would say they are definitely firm and definitely not a pillow top. But as another poster mentioned your steward is generally happy to get a egg crate topper for you.

I've been on two other cruise lines that I would love to have their mattresses at home. Never been in any room higher than a Concierge class on Celebrity.

They use a topper and it is comfortable as a single but it is still two single beds with a ridge in the middle. Our attendant took it off the last night definitely was better with it, yes, it was too late to do anything about it.

Do egg crates need to be requested in advance or is this some thing we can ask for onboard after we have had a chance to test the bed for ourselves?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

How comfortable are the beds on Celebrity? Are the mattresses firm or soft? Are they pillowtop? Thanks for any info.

The beds on the S-class ships could be classified as comfortably firm. They are not pillow top. A person wishing to bring one home must be sleeping on a wooden floor.:)

I never woke up with an aching back and slept throughout the night.