Johnny Rockets

DJZS

Quantum will have a Johnny Rockets on deck 4.

Was there an update published? I think that's the lowest deck that they've been. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they're usually in one of the outside areas.

I wonder what that means about the design of deck 4.

Edited by Overtyme

Was there an update published? I think that's the lowest deck that they've been. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they're usually in one of the outside areas.

I wonder what that means about the design of deck 4.

Was hoping for this venue on Deck 14 (there are 2 areas on that deck where this venue might fit!). But, Deck 4 is OK. Might get more (or different) use being closer to the inside action than the outside the action.

With the focus on cold weather I'm sure Royal Caribbean considered the fact that the existing ones require outside walking to be reached. An inside central location will also likely increase it's usage for breakfast. It would also be great if they did late night snacks in there. Charge for all the drinks, a for fee sundae, but have no cover charge, make it counter service, and offer chilli cheese fries for free along with hot dogs.

With the focus on cold weather I'm sure Royal Caribbean considered the fact that the existing ones require outside walking to be reached. An inside central location will also likely increase it's usage for breakfast. It would also be great if they did late night snacks in there. Charge for all the drinks, a for fee sundae, but have no cover charge, make it counter service, and offer chilli cheese fries for free along with hot dogs.

Just what most cruisers need, late night cheese fries and hot dogs. Assume you are joking.

Without a confirm source this is just a bogus guess.

The source is some current JR employees on another ship who were asked if they wanted to sign on for a contract on Johnny Rockets on Quantum..

Just what most cruisers need, late night cheese fries and hot dogs. Assume you are joking.

Surprisingly that is the menu for Grandeur's late night snacks in the Park Cafe. When we were on in May it was purely fries or nachos with chili and cheese on top. This last sailing they expanded to offer pizza and hot dogs as well. They also had a few cakes and cookies on both sailings. It was empty in May but packed every night this time because of the pizza.

Personally I prefer a slice of pizza and a chocolate mouse cup (usually available on Promenade Cafes).

The source is some current JR employees on another ship who were asked if they wanted to sign on for a contract on Johnny Rockets on Quantum..

I was away for 10 days and read through all the posts I missed and this seems to be the new trending topic around here. We are reaching the point where for many people their next contract would fall on the launch of Quantum. Royal Caribbean should really be making announcements now. It's not like these are high level people who are paid to keep quiet anymore, these are the workers everyone talks to onboard that are now being given info. Something seems odd about all this secrecy still existing so late in the process.

Edited by DEIx15x8

I was away for 10 days and read through all the posts I missed and this seems to be the new trending topic around here. We are reaching the point where for many people their next contract would fall on the launch of Quantum. Royal Caribbean should really be making announcements now. It's not like these are high level people who are paid to keep quiet anymore, these are the workers everyone talks to onboard that are now being given info. Something seems odd about all this secrecy still existing so late in the process.

A very good point. I find it really, really odd... I'm beyond curious to know what the hold up is. The big reveal should have coincided with the opening of bookings for QOS.

A very good point. I find it really, really odd... I'm beyond curious to know what the hold up is. The big reveal should have coincided with the opening of bookings for QOS.

It is possible that the big reveal has already happened. TWO70, Music Hall, IFLY, North Star and Sea Plex, along with details around activities in Sea Plex.

I hope I'm wrong, but I thought I thought that at the time, Adam suggested that those are the big reveals, with smaller ones to come.

So far, this is true, although I think that as a collective, there are a lot more interesting things that I'm looking forward to learning about.

It is possible that the big reveal has already happened. TWO70, Music Hall, IFLY, North Star and Sea Plex, along with details around activities in Sea Plex.

. . .

So far, this is true, although I think that as a collective, there are a lot more interesting things that I'm looking forward to learning about.

Right, and even so, there's a staggering amount of the ship still not revealed. Dining? The rest of the public bars and lounges?! Lol. Important stuff!

Right, and even so, there's a staggering amount of the ship still not revealed. Dining? The rest of the public bars and lounges?! Lol. Important stuff!

Yeah and I want to see what is around the pool deck. I am one of the few that really loved renting a cabana on the Celebrity Sillouette. If they have anything like that on the Quantum, I want it!!:)

Yeah and I want to see what is around the pool deck. I am one of the few that really loved renting a cabana on the Celebrity Sillouette. If they have anything like that on the Quantum, I want it!!:)

They originally had them on the Oasis and got rid of them before she was built. Not sure what there reasoning was behind that move but it could be a sign that they think the ships are too mass market (or just not enough room on the pool decks) for them.

They originally had them on the Oasis and got rid of them before she was built. Not sure what there reasoning was behind that move but it could be a sign that they think the ships are too mass market (or just not enough room on the pool decks) for them.

Any idea where they were located? I can't think of where they would have room for them on Oasis except perhaps up high at the current Gold Card area.

Any idea where they were located? I can't think of where they would have room for them on Oasis except perhaps up high at the current Gold Card area.

In the early concept art they were visible in some of the corners on the top deck overlooking the pool area below.

CO_Oasis_PoolSportsZone.jpg

oasis_beachpool2.jpg

They were also shown on the original deck plans but removed in the second release.

In the early concept art they were visible in some of the corners on the top deck overlooking the pool area below.

They were also shown on the original deck plans but removed in the second release.

Interesting! Never noticed that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

CO_Oasis_PoolSportsZone.jpg

oasis_beachpool2.jpg

So, am I understanding you correctly? You are telling me about what was planned for the Oasis? I want to know about the Quantum.

Does anyone have insider info on that ship?

So, am I understanding you correctly? You are telling me about what was planned for the Oasis? I want to know about the Quantum.

Does anyone have insider info on that ship?

Well that was rude :eek:

There's no insider information about something as minor as pool cabanas :p.

Wow, What is minor to you may be of importance to others! :mad:

Fair enough, but we have an entire sub-forum here dedicated to Quantum of the Seas... you should consider that any insider information possessed by the folks posting here would already be posted. Nobody's waiting for you to ask to release the details!

Yes, we're all getting a little impatient here and many of us think RCI has made a mistake by waiting so long for the full reveal, but it will come sooner rather than later. Lets stay civil and avoid the angry red faces LOL.

Edited by Dave85