Hotel Maya Code for June

parisbully

I am wanting to book a room at the Hotel Maya, using the p51 Carnival Crew code. Before I do this I want to know if anyone has used this recently, and if so what happened.

Thanks

If you're not a member of the crew, that would be dishonest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It happens all the time, especially with lodging. Go on the website of any national chain. They post rates for AAA, AARP, government employees on official business, etc. I used to work for a Fortune 500 corporation and there were codes available for employee discounts- some for business only, others for personal travel too. When booking a special rate there's a disclaimer to be ready to provide proof of eligibility at check-in time and I'm asked about half the time. Not sure how Hotel Maya works but special rates are openly posted.

If the rate is for Carnival employees, why would you be PO'd if you're not eligible?

I'll be PO'd because I clicked on a Hotel Maya ad and that's the rate they offered me. They didn't give me a choice depending on who I was. I'll be watching to see what happens to people staying earlier. If they don't honor the rate we'll cancel and book elsewhere.

I'll be PO'd because I clicked on a Hotel Maya ad and that's the rate they offered me. They didn't give me a choice depending on who I was. I'll be watching to see what happens to people staying earlier. If they don't honor the rate we'll cancel and book elsewhere.

It is a corporate code for carnival crew. Most anyone can get ahold of a corporate code. But to use it claiming you are Carnival crew would be fraudulent. The hotel is not doing anything wrong. We are for claiming we are crew

I received the following email yesterday concerning our stay next month. Guess we'll find out whether it's accepted or not at check in. :confused:

Thank you for getting back to us.

I am pleased to confirm to you that the corporate code 0560018220 does corresponds for the carnival Cruise Lines rate.

I am also glad to confirm that you have a reservation at the Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton under confirmation number ******** under the Carnival Crews rate which is the special package rate name for the Carnival Cruise Lines corporate rate for arrival on June 11, 2014 is scheduled for 1 night, departing on June 12, 2014.

I received the following email yesterday concerning our stay next month. Guess we'll find out whether it's accepted or not at check in. :confused:

Thank you for getting back to us.

I am pleased to confirm to you that the corporate code 0560018220 does corresponds for the carnival Cruise Lines rate.

I am also glad to confirm that you have a reservation at the Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton under confirmation number ******** under the Carnival Crews rate which is the special package rate name for the Carnival Cruise Lines corporate rate for arrival on June 11, 2014 is scheduled for 1 night, departing on June 12, 2014.

I may be reading that e-mail in a different way then you are: it says to me that the code is the correct one for Carnival Cruise Lines corporate rate, which is available to crew members. Unless some front desk person let's it slide, you will be asked for your Carnival ID.

It is a corporate code for carnival crew. Most anyone can get ahold of a corporate code. But to use it claiming you are Carnival crew would be fraudulent. The hotel is not doing anything wrong. We are for claiming we are crew

I don't agree and I didn't use a "code". I clicked on a Hotel Maya ad on AOL and they gave me the rate. I'm not trying to claim that I'm crew (in fact, one look at us would convince them that we're NOT crew :eek:). What I AM claiming is that I was on AOL, I saw an ad for Hotel Maya, I clicked on it and was offered a Carnival rate discount for a one night stay at Hotel Maya.

If they don't want to honor their offer I'll look elsewhere.

Again, I'd like to hear what's happened with other's who have booked the same... .

I may be reading that e-mail in a different way then you are: it says to me that the code is the correct one for Carnival Cruise Lines corporate rate, which is available to crew members. Unless some front desk person let's it slide, you will be asked for your Carnival ID.

The email does read a little confusing. However, the main issue is Hotel Maya continuing to use a previous code used by regular customers, not just crew members. It would be a simple fix. We've stayed there many times with the Carnival Cruise Lines code.

plant

can you let me know how to also get that price for Hotel Maya. I have a gmail address and not aol.

When I use the corporate code people have mentioned, I get $123/night -- but I rather do it your way to get the $123 rate . . .if I can figure out how., Thanks.

plant

can you let me know how to also get that price for Hotel Maya. I have a gmail address and not aol.

When I use the corporate code people have mentioned' date=' I get $123/night -- but I rather do it your way to get the $123 rate . . .if I can figure out how., Thanks.[/quote']

Hi Lisa, you may not be able to click on the ad like I did. I went to the Hotel Maya site several times, just looking, then one evening (on AOL) there was a Hotel Maya ad that I clicked and it offered me the rate. This is the same thing that happens all the time on AOL. I get lot's of ad's for cruise line's and tour's since that's what I research most :) . I also get ad's for book's, since I read a lot and use an Amazon Kindle, ad's for local insurance, etc. :D!

I hope you can find the rate and that it works for you,

Edited by Plant

I went to Hotel Maya site, put in the corporate code and it came up with two different rates....

Carnival Cruise...rate of $139

Carnival Crew..confidential rate.

So if I book the $139, I should be ok I'm assuming since I'm NOT claiming to be a crew member NOR am I clicking for the confidential rate, but the rate of $139 which includes parking for seven days.

Whew....

Has anyone used the "confidential" rate recently? I'm thinking we may need to book a less expensive hotel.

Thanks,

Be very careful booking cheap hotels in Long Beach. Many are in 'interesting' places.

Plant - Let us know which hotel you are thinking of booking. Someone here should be able to tell if it is a good location or not.

I had that confidential rate and just cancelled today. We're going to have fun and stay in a suite on the Queen Mary instead. Our rollcall is having a party there the night before boarding, so we won't have to get back to our room. And, we can have fun exploring the ship.

• 9 months later...