Renting snorkel gear

ptcgal

Has anyone rented snorkel gear on board for an excursion? We will be on the Allure in June and thinking about taking the snorkel boat trip while on Labadee. Does anyone know how expensive it is to rent.

Snorkling excursions, as mentioned in the previous post, would include the equipment rental. If you are looking to snorkel at the beach, RCI charges about 30USD for fins, mask/snorkel, and vest.

Hope this helps.

Brig

Snorkling excursions, as mentioned in the previous post, would include the equipment rental. If you are looking to snorkel at the beach, RCI charges about 30USD for fins, mask/snorkel, and vest.

Hope this helps.

Brig

Thanks so much. I am taking my 12 yr old grandchild who will try snorkeling for first time and didn't want to invest in gear if she doesn't wind up enjoying herself.

Thanks so much. I am taking my 12 yr old grandchild who will try snorkeling for first time and didn't want to invest in gear if she doesn't wind up enjoying herself.

I hear you about the expense, in case she doesn't like it.

But to me, having my own snorkel and mask is really basic. I DO NOT want to put one of those everybody-has-used-it snorkels in my mouth. ick.

But, that just my opinion. YMMV. :)

Hope this helps.

Brig

Can I bring my own snorkel & mask & just hire the fins? Is it less money?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We always bring our own snorkel and mask. For every snorkeling excursion we've been on (probably 30-40+), the excursion price is the same whether you have your own or not. Also in places where we've gone on our own and just wanted to get fins and PFD, it was the same price as getting snorkel and fins too.

We always bring our own snorkel and mask. For every snorkeling excursion we've been on (probably 30-40+), the excursion price is the same whether you have your own or not. Also in places where we've gone on our own and just wanted to get fins and PFD, it was the same price as getting snorkel and fins too.

I was thinking more for the cococay beach stop rather than doing an actual excursion.

You can certainly bring your own and just rent what you need. I wish I could remember what the 'a la carte' prices were for equipment but it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-10 USD for each item.

I also believe it's mandatory (though I am unsure how actively that it is enforced) to wear a snorkel vest which can also be rented at the Snorkel Shack on Coco Cay. The rental fees are charged to your sea pass card, so bring that as well. And get a Coco Loco or 3. :D

Enjoy your cruise!

I'm a snorkel nut, and I purchased my own equipment years ago. The problems with the rental mask and snorkel are multiple. The snorkel is no better than a breathing straw, and the masks are horrible. The proper equipment will improve your snorkeling experience 1000%.

You don't need to spend a lot. We purchased a US Diver mask, snorkel, and fins for $65 at Costco. The snorkel has two features to make your swim better. A device at the end of the breathing tube to keep out the water and a one way valve in the mouth piece that lets you blow out any water that does get in. The mask also has a one way valve to blow out any water that may leak in. The fins also have adjustments that you may not get from Coco Cay. The better your fins fit, the less chance you will get a fin blister. Rent the required vest, it's as good as any other.

Enjoy your cruise.