Rita's Fiesta on Allure question.....

novalab

We will be sailing on Allure in April. What night & what time do they hold Rita's Fiesta? Can we make reservations for it online before we sail?

Thanks for any information!!

When we sailed in 2012, we were able to make the reservations online in advance. I don't know if anything has changed since we did it but we were surprised that it was a fixed menu for Rita's Fiesta. You don't order off the menu like you would if you stopped into Rita's Cantina for a meal.

We were able to book prior to the cruise also. It was a fixed menu and I think I would not do the fiesta again. Especially if you are with your own group. I would just get the group together and do it own your own. I was disappointed with the Fiesta. Just my opinion.

We were able to book prior to the cruise also. It was a fixed menu and I think I would not do the fiesta again. Especially if you are with your own group. I would just get the group together and do it own your own. I was disappointed with the Fiesta. Just my opinion.

I was going to say the same but didn't want to disappoint the OP :)

I have read this on quite a few reviews. Think I will just pass on this one:o Thanks everyone for your answers. It is much appreciated!

Well I'd say the opposite. We sailed May 2013 and had a great time at the fiesta. Ok, it's not fine dining, but where else can you get 3 margaritas, plenty of food and plenty of fun for $20?

I'd go again.

Have to agree with Pete. We had a great time. It's a party not just a meal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Big_G

It is held three nights a week. Thursday main dining room menu was our least favorite. Wish we went to Rita's. Fun party but agree food was ok, not what we were there for. It was good but not "better" than other free locations. Did it before and missed not doing it this trip.

We did it this past August. We were really looking forward to it, not for the food but for the fun, and it was the only thing that disappointed us during the entire cruise. The whole thing was totally rushed, nothing at all like the reviews I had read before booking.

We just went out of the restaurant to do a couple of line dances twice and that was it. It was so rushed that they didn't even offer us our second drink, we had to ask for it when they served dessert (we were on the $10 non alcoholic package).

It's supposed to be 8:30-10:30 PM. At about 9:40 PM we came back into the restaurant after a couple of line dances outside (which, naturally, non paying cruisers joined too...) thinking things were about to pick up, when the guy leading the whole thing comes up to our table to thank us for dancing and participating. We thought he was just checking up on everyone in the middle of the fiesta, but actually - it was over!! At 9:45 PM the waiters started stacking chairs on tables, while all of the fiesta guests were still there, and the guy who was leading the whole thing spent the rest of the time flirting with a girl at one of tables, while everyone else just sat and ate dessert.

We left at 10, never getting our third drink. Obviously we could have asked for it, we really didn't need another one, but we were just surprised that the whole thing was run so poorly and that they were basically kicking everyone out already at 9:45 PM. We were really disappointed and wouldn't recommend it.

We also looked forward to the fiesta at Rita's but were very disappointed. If you like to hoot and holler, more than enjoy good food, you might like it more. We were happy to chat with our table mates but it was so noisy, we could not. Had to ask for the food and drinks we thought would be offered. Once we politely declined the opportunity to dance on the boardwalk, we were basically ignored, as our whole table was. Food was so so. Maybe this is why people are saying that both Rita's and Seafood Shack are going to be replaced.

I went in October 2013 on the Allure. My wife had the $20 package, and I had the $10 package. Since I had the soda package, it was not used by me.

The food was pretty bad to be honest. I got major heartburn from the overfried food. My wife said the drinks were good though, so for $10 you get three margaritas.

We danced (at least some others did). I spent most of the time watching the Red Sox win a World Series game.. :)

But I would not eat there again. So far the only boardwalk restaurant I like for lunch is the Dog House.