BOA Reward Point redemption

Mid43

Good day all; would any of my fellow message boaders know; I looked at the reward points for the RCCL credit card; they offer $50 obc for 5,000 points, and $150 obc for 15,000 points; since it doesn't seem they offer $100 obc; would I be able to redeem for 2 - $50 obc for 10000 points?

I'm right at around 10,000 points but won't get to 15k by the time of my cruise. :/

Thanks all... 42 days away and counting...

I just did this...yes you can use 10,000 points and purchase 2- $50 credits.

We had 35,500 pts and were able to get one companion fare free on our upcoming 4 day Brilliance cruise on Feb 6th and we used the remaining for the $50 on board credits for each of us.

I have to say I was very impressed at how fast they applied the credit to our credit card. We just booked the cruise about a week and a half ago and the credit was put through within 3 days.

Speaking of BOA rewards points, we have never cashed in before as we actually just got the card after we booked this cruise to see how we would like it and if it would be worth it. Anyway, we cruise in Mid June, so how far in advance do we need to call (or can this be done online?) and cash the points in for OBC for this cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Speaking of BOA rewards points, we have never cashed in before as we actually just got the card after we booked this cruise to see how we would like it and if it would be worth it. Anyway, we cruise in Mid June, so how far in advance do we need to call (or can this be done online?) and cash the points in for OBC for this cruise?

Do it online no later that 14 days before your cruise. Real simple.

This was the first time we had cashed in the points...I phoned the number right from the rewards website and ended up booking the cruise (which I had done a courtesy hold on line) with the very helpful representative.

You'll need your booking number before you cash in the points because that number will need to be posted in the comment section on the rewards page.

I was told they prefer at least a few weeks prior to sailing...I booked and cashed in our points about 23 days before sailing. It was a last minute trip for us.

I cashed mine in a couple of months ago, will they be applied to my acct once on board? I didnt get a card or anything it asked date of sail.

If you booked directly with RCI call and ask for an updated invoice. If you booked through a T/A they'll have to request the invoice. Your OBC will be listed on that. Be sure to bring it with you. Your account should show your OBC by the 2nd day.

I cashed mine in a couple of months ago, will they be applied to my acct once on board? I didnt get a card or anything it asked date of sail.

The only thing I have is an email confirmation. We were told by the rep to print it out and bring it with us as proof of our OBC's.

My reservation on the website doesn't show the OBC.

The only thing I have is an email confirmation. We were told by the rep to print it out and bring it with us as proof of our OBC's.

My reservation on the website doesn't show the OBC.

It will not show up online. you will need to get a copy of your booking invoice from whomever you booked the cruise with

It will not show up online. you will need to get a copy of your booking invoice from whomever you booked the cruise with

I booked with the RCCL rep over the phone...it doesn't show up on any of our invoices either. The rep told me it wont't show up until we board and ask for a print out of our sea pass account on day2. That's why she advised me to print out my email confirming that we cashed in the 10,000 points for 2- $50 OBC's

I booked with the RCCL rep over the phone...it doesn't show up on any of our invoices either. The rep told me it wont't show up until we board and ask for a print out of our sea pass account on day2. That's why she advised me to print out my email confirming that we cashed in the 10,000 points for 2- $50 OBC's

It still should show up on your booking invoice. They post them in order of sail date so if your sail date is far in the future they may not have posted it yet. I also would bring the email confirmation.

I have used the BOA points for a long time never had a problem. I do warn that the points don't show up on your account onboard until the second day. It is a great way to go I also got points for booking with next cruise certificate. These things are great if used correctly I always have at least $500 onboard credits and pay for extra ahead of time such as excursions, specials and hotels.

Sharon I

We used our points for the companion fare as well as 10,000 points for (2) $50 OBC. I redeemed points for OBC 4 weeks prior to sailing. After about 1 week, I called RCCL directly and the Representative confirmed the credit was applied to the account. She sent me an updated account statement with my booking summary charges.

The OBC showed up halfway down the page below the booking charges in a separate section labeled OBC.

The C&A credits were applied as well, and were in the booking charges section as well as the companion fare credit.

We did not have to do anything else...very impressed with how easy it was. The credits were applied on final statement on debarkation day.

We used our points for the companion fare as well as 10,000 points for (2) $50 OBC. I redeemed points for OBC 4 weeks prior to sailing. After about 1 week, I called RCCL directly and the Representative confirmed the credit was applied to the account. She sent me an updated account statement with my booking summary charges.

The OBC showed up halfway down the page below the booking charges in a separate section labeled OBC.

The C&A credits were applied as well, and were in the booking charges section as well as the companion fare credit.

We did not have to do anything else...very impressed with how easy it was. The credits were applied on final statement on debarkation day.

This is exactly what we did...one companion fare and 2- $50 OBC's.

I think I'll call and ask them to send me an updated invoice as I only have the original invoice that was sent immediately after booking however the companion fare credit went through 3 days later.

We sale Feb 6th on Brilliance which is just over a week away. We booked on Jan 14th which was just over 3 weeks before our cruise.

It still should show up on your booking invoice. They post them in order of sail date so if your sail date is far in the future they may not have posted it yet. I also would bring the email confirmation.

We sail Feb 6th so I think I'll phone them and have an updated invoice sent.

Thanks for the heads up. It's the first time we've used our points so I didn't know exactly how it works.

One more question... I have 5000 points pending... I thought these would stop being "pending" once we paid the bill, are these points added quarterly or when the bill is paid?

Paid the most recent bill over a week ago... still pending... :(

Thanks!