Cdg

klfrodo

Is a bitch to navigate for a first timer.

Signage is limited. Don't expect there to be airport employees to be standing around to help travelers.

Heck, I was standing there staring and searching when I had a person from Prague and another from Istanbul approach me for help.

I did my research before hand and it helped a little. All I was trying to do was get from 2E to the Sheraton.

Now, to be fair,,, once I checked out of the Sheraton and headed back to Gate L34 in terminal 2E,,,,, then looked at the maps again,,,,,,, it made a little more sense.

However,,, for a first timer,,, there are opportunies to improve if they ever want to.

Edited by klfrodo

I'm not sure why it was so confusing to get from the Sheraton to T2 - go out the door, turn left, go down the hallway, and you are at T2E on the right side, T2F on the left side…

I actually like connecting at CDG. I always use SkyTeam airlines, so it's easy to figure out. And, when I have the chance, I always stay at that Sheraton to make it even easier.

But, I always look at the maps of airports I'm going to be using before I arrive, so I do have a clue on where to go…

Edited by slidergirl

I'm not sure why it was so confusing to get from the Sheraton to T2 - go out the door, turn left, go down the hallway, and you are at T2E on the right side, T2F on the left side…

I actually like connecting at CDG. I always use SkyTeam airlines, so it's easy to figure out. And, when I have the chance, I always stay at that Sheraton to make it even easier.

But, I always look at the maps of airports I'm going to be using before I arrive, so I do have a clue on where to go…

So what you're saying is anybody who has difficulties navigating CDG is just an idiot?

That's my perception of your friendly compassionate post.

BTW, I also study concourse maps prior to travel.

But thanks for the help :confused:

So what you're saying is anybody who has difficulties navigating CDG is just an idiot?

That is not what that poster said.

I have flown to CDG many times and do not find it confusing myself, although many people do. I have flown to airports all over the US and Europe and don't recall any where airport employees are just standing around, waiting to help passengers.

Edited by grandma*knows*best

That is not what that poster said.

I have flown to airports all over the US and Europe and don't recall any where airport employees are just standing around, waiting to help passengers.

I've also been to many airports that have volunteers who stand around and are wearing buttons or badges that say Need help? Ask me. Usually they are wearing distinctive vests.

I've seen them in Miami, Chicago, and Seattle to name a couple.

Edited by klfrodo

Having a bad day???:roll eyes:

Having been through numerous airports in Europe and the Middle East in addition to Canada and good old "Murica", I honestly cannot say that having airport staff wondering the airport with "May I Help" buttons is a common thing, outside of the US, that I've noticed… But, maybe I'm just an idiot who doesn't notice such things as I'm transiting in airports ;)

You think CDG was confusing now??? You should have tried it in the good old days of just about every flight was at a hardstand, you had to wait in line to take multiple busses to get between every terminal and every pier… Now, that was ugly. Now, CDG is no more difficult to me than ATL or JFK. Still have to do that out one terminal, walk or take the bus to another terminal shuffle at LAX, meaning you gotta do the TSA dog 'n pony show yet again, even though you are just transiting...

I've also been to many airports that have volunteers who stand around and are wearing buttons or badges that say Need help? Ask me. Usually they are wearing distinctive vests.

I've seen them in Miami, Chicago, and Seattle to name a couple.

My favorites are in Albany, NY, where they not only have ample volunteers, but also a volunteer dog program with half a dozen shaggy sweethearts who offer a calming diversion to anyone who wants to stop and pet them.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...