Breakaway AFT deck 9

KevinsCruising

Yes, the bed is near the balcony and the sofa is near the closet. I can't imagine having the bed next to the closet because the sofa got in the way for the one door of the closet - the bed would block both doors. :eek:

We had the B1 cabin #12908 and the bed was by the closet. It was a very tight space, just about as wide as those tiny bedside tables to fit and that's it - I had to either stand or sit on the bed to get into the closet.

We had the B1 cabin #12908 and the bed was by the closet. It was a very tight space, just about as wide as those tiny bedside tables to fit and that's it - I had to either stand or sit on the bed to get into the closet.

who designed these rooms lol

Wow, there is NO room to get into the closet. We're in 12908 in July, how was the balcony?

Wow, there is NO room to get into the closet. We're in 12908 in July, how was the balcony?

We were in 12908 and the balcony was huge.:D 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table. It was hard to get into the closet.

We were in 12908 and the balcony was huge.:D 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table. It was hard to get into the closet.

That settles it then, I'm spending more time on the balcony than in the closet. :p

I think I'm more worried about trying to walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night, that's the side I sleep on. Should be interesting when I'm half asleep. lol

That settles it then, I'm spending more time on the balcony than in the closet. :p

I think I'm more worried about trying to walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night, that's the side I sleep on. Should be interesting when I'm half asleep. lol

That's funny, I also sleep on that side and thought that it mite be a problem, but it wasn't. There is enough space to get by. It was just hard to get into the closet to get clothes out, etc. 2 people is a real problem. I wanted to store my luggage in their, but it was too tight of a fit.

We spent a lot of afternoons on the balcony enjoying the aft view.:)

I had 12908 a few months ago, and, despite what has been said here, I could manage to get my 6'4" 235 lbs self between the bed and closet without any difficulties. I do not doubt other's experiences, but I thought I should add mine to demonstrate it's far from a universal issue.

BSR, thanks for those extra photos. It looks great! It looks like the hair dryer is pretty good sized, not the teeny tiny ones that some places have. Does the hair dryer stay on by itself? Sometimes they have ones that you have to hold down a button the whole time and since I have thick hair, that can be irritating after awhile. I'm hoping not to have to bring my own hair dryer.

Thanks for the connoli and ice bar recommendations. You can bet we'll be having some sort of treats out there! :D

barnacle_boy, I'm sure it'll be fine, I plan on spending more time on that beautiful balcony and everywhere else than going into the closet. lol ;)

I picked 9920. Any idea where the bed is located? By closet or balcony?

9920, bed is by the closet. When looking at the deck plans, you can see where the bed is in a balcony room - it''s in the indentation (i.e. the deeper/wider part of the room).

I picked 9920. Any idea where the bed is located? By closet or balcony?

we were in 9920-bed by closet but don't remember any problem getting access to clothes in there

in fact we showed our cabin as part of cabin crawl and several people commented that the bed by closet set up wouldn't be an issue for them-wonder whether in some cabins the bed is pushed further away from the couch

we loved the huge aft balcony

Edited by fabnfortysomething