Any Transatlantic Offers?

Barnos

Hi,

I wonder of any regular cruisers (possibly Florida residents) could tell me, just how late the cruise lines leave it to make any last minute very special price offers?

We will be in Florida in April this year and would love to take a TA back to the UK or Europe.. we've been with Celebrity in the past, there are quite a few cruses we could choose from (e.g. 19th/20th/24th).. but as yet not much price reduction yet.. ive heard that if you leave your booking 'till maybe a week or 2 before you can get some amazing deals? ..

any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

Colin (Manchester UK)

Our experience has been that when you look at the per diem, most TAs are considerably less expensive from the get go. We've always been offered a VERY attractive rate, and I don't ever recall them going down even more within a month or so of sailing. I've seen some (minimum rate) with a per diem of little more than $50 a day.

Hi,

I wonder of any regular cruisers (possibly Florida residents) could tell me, just how late the cruise lines leave it to make any last minute very special price offers?

We will be in Florida in April this year and would love to take a TA back to the UK or Europe.. we've been with Celebrity in the past, there are quite a few cruses we could choose from (e.g. 19th/20th/24th).. but as yet not much price reduction yet.. ive heard that if you leave your booking 'till maybe a week or 2 before you can get some amazing deals? ..

any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

Colin (Manchester UK)

Saw this deal several days ago, might still be in effect. FLL to BCN on NCL EPIC ,, balcony for 449.00 inside for 349.. + 200.00 bar credit..hope it is still being offeredJust saw this 2 day deal.. ... FFL to BCN

11 Night Transatlantic Eastbound from $349

Brochure price $899. Save up to 61% off brochure price!

Ship Name:

Norwegian Epic

Sailing Date(s):

April 27, 2014

Ports of Call:

Departs From Miami, Florida visiting Funchal, Madeira >> Barcelona, Spain

Staterooms:

Interior

Oceanview

Balcony

Suite

Prices From:

$349

Not Offered

$449 not a bad deal for a balcony.................................

$749

$32 Per Night!

$41 Per Night!

$68 Per Night!

Bonus Offer!

Up to 5-Category Upgrade!

Must Call For Cruise Cash Or A Free Hotel Stay!

Spa Discounts & Other Deals - up to $350 Savings!

BONUS - Call for up to $250 Onboard Spending! - 4 days left!

EXCLUSIVE $200 Bar Credit all categories

With obc and bar credit a pretty good deal..................................

terms & conditions

Colin, The best deals are often right inside the final payment period (this varies by cruise line but is usually somewhere between 45 and 60 days before a cruise). However, the deals only happen if a particular cruise is not selling well...and the TA/repositioning cruises have gained in popularity as many folks (particularly we retirees) have found them a great way to get to and from Europe. The much higher air fares can sometimes make a TA cruise even cheaper then air :). So if you want to come to Florida and wait until the last minute it might work...and then again it might not work. If you are flexible and willing to take your chances it would be a reasonable gamble....but a gamble it will be :)

Hank

• 1 month later...
Anybody have a suggestion which cruise ship line we should choose for our first and probably only trans

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Really depends on what you want ... Do you want to dress up? WhT port do you want to sail out of? What countries do you want to see? Do you want many days at sea all at once?

Anybody have a suggestion which cruise ship line we should choose for our first and probably only trans

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would choose the ship with the amenities that you like. With as many as 5 sea days in a row and no guarantee of good weather, ship choice is important.