Is it safe to drink RCI ship's water?

For medical reasons, I have to drink a lot of water daily, so although I hope to take some on board with me, do you know if the tap water on RCI ships is safe to drink? Can I safely refill some of my smaller size bottles from the ship's taps when we have port days to take out with me or will I have to always buy them ashore?

Yse, it's quite safe. After all, the food, ice and drinks will all be made with ship's water! You will be able to get glasses of ice water anywhere on the ship. Bring your refillable bottle for ashore, if you need to.

Edited by cb at sea

For medical reasons, I have to drink a lot of water daily, so although I hope to take some on board with me, do you know if the tap water on RCI ships is safe to drink? Can I safely refill some of my smaller size bottles from the ship's taps when we have port days to take out with me or will I have to always buy them ashore?

Yes, the water is very safe. Just one bit of advice though, especially with all the recent media about noro on cruise ships, please do not refill water bottles at the public water dispensers. But yes, filling them from your room tap is safe.

I've had brownish or yellowish water come out of the taps on various ships (not just RC) so I'm leery of drinking water from the tap. They say it's just a little rust or growth in the lines and won't hurt you. My tap water at home occasionally has an odd color too. I have a water filter that I use for drinking water at home.

When I'm onboard, I do the same thing as bellemiche. I'll get a few glasses of water from Windjammer and use them to refill my personal water bottles. I have been told the water from the dispensers in WJ are filtered and I haven't noticed any unusual colors in that water.

To put a little vodka or scotch in it to keep is safe LOL.

Having said that, I too have a issue with water, I still drink some of the ships water, but bring a Brita water bottle with a filter in it to take , the sometimes taste, away. Better than lugging a case of water on board.

Other than that the ships water is fine for most people.

The water is safe. It can sometimes pick up sediment from the treatment system and plumbing, as with any water source. We sometimes carry a water-filter pitcher to keep in the refrigerator. We fill it with tap water, which is then filtered to remove any remaining sediment, bacteria, or other contaminants.

If you're leery of drinking the ships water, you better not eat the food then either. The same water you drink, is the same water you flush the toilet with, you shower with, is the same water that is in the soup or that comes out of the soda fountain.

It is completely safe to drink. :)

Edited by Tyler80