Breakaway/Getaway rooms

cruisinsly

Hi everyone. Normally we sail with Carnival, but we are looking for a change. Can someone tell me how the rooms on the Breakaway/Getaway compare to Carnival? We are looking at an inside room. We are a family of three, and the rooms on Carnival can become a little small closer to the end of a cruise. lol

Thank you for your help with this.

Nobody can help with this? I see that over 100 have looked at this thread, but nobody can help answer it? :( Sorry I asked!

Sorry, I'm one of the 100 people who looked, but having never sailed on Celebrity and only seeing a Breakaway inside room for about 5 seconds I didn't think I could help much. I didn't realise replying was compulsory.

Would you rather I'd just made an answer up?

Nobody can help with this? I see that over 100 have looked at this thread, but nobody can help answer it? :( Sorry I asked!

Out of those 100 people who viewed how many do you think have stayed on the Breakaway, a new ship in an inside and also have sailed an inside on a Carnival ship? Which Carnival ship do you want people to compare to?

You only asked a couple of hours ago. I'm sure you will get an answer. Be patient.

Maybe those 100 didn't have an answer!

By the way, a little research on the CCL and NCL websites, or cruise travel sites, will probably get you the square footage information you're looking for. Sorry you wasted a couple of hours waiting for someone else to get the information for you

Edited by sdmike

Hi everyone. Normally we sail with Carnival, but we are looking for a change. Can someone tell me how the rooms on the Breakaway/Getaway compare to Carnival? We are looking at an inside room. We are a family of three, and the rooms on Carnival can become a little small closer to the end of a cruise. lol

Thank you for your help with this.

Insides on NCL are pretty tight 135 - 201 sq ft.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/staterooms/2/inside#tab_detail

I don't see any square footage listed on carnival.com. But according to the goccl.com site - the inside cabins of the Liberty (a middle of the pack Carnival ship) are 185 sq ft.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/liberty/liberty.ashx

Hope this helps!

Edited by happy cruzin

One has to open the thread and read in order to see what you are asking. Upon doing that, I realized I couldn't answer the question. Sorry to throw you off with the view count.

Insides on NCL are pretty tight 135 - 201 sq ft.

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/staterooms/2/inside#tab_detail

I don't see any square footage listed on carnival.com. But according to the goccl.com site - the inside cabins of the Liberty (a middle of the pack Carnival ship) are 185 sq ft.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/liberty/liberty.ashx

Hope this helps!

Thank you Happy!! This is what I was looking for. I am beginning to rethink my choice of cruise lines. I was asking a real question since I have never been on this line before and you were the only one who was actually helpful and nice.

I realize that I have never been on the NCL boards before, but my family was truly wanting to try something different. How can we come here to ask questions if everyone starts jumping down our throats about what we ask. I am sorry some of you didn't think that my question was as important as others, or that it did not go into enough detail. Instead of being snarky, someone could have just asked me to give more details. :/

Sorry, I'm one of the 100 people who looked, but having never sailed on Celebrity and only seeing a Breakaway inside room for about 5 seconds I didn't think I could help much. I didn't realise replying was compulsory.

Would you rather I'd just made an answer up?

Thank you for your candor. No, I wanted an honest answer from someone who would have had that knowledge. Thank you for your response.

Maybe those 100 didn't have an answer!

By the way, a little research on the CCL and NCL websites, or cruise travel sites, will probably get you the square footage information you're looking for. Sorry you wasted a couple of hours waiting for someone else to get the information for you

Thank you!! I think I could have figured that out! I was looking, specifically, for someone who might actually have a comparison, or know! Please, don't be sorry about me wasting my time - I didn't!!! I do not sit at my computer for hours on end waiting for someone to send me a response on a message board. I have other things to do. I am a mother - I have a child to take care of. The few minutes I spend here are insignificant. Sorry you had to waste your time answering my thread.

Thank you Happy!! This is what I was looking for. I am beginning to rethink my choice of cruise lines. I was asking a real question since I have never been on this line before and you were the only one who was actually helpful and nice.

I realize that I have never been on the NCL boards before, but my family was truly wanting to try something different. How can we come here to ask questions if everyone starts jumping down our throats about what we ask. I am sorry some of you didn't think that my question was as important as others, or that it did not go into enough detail. Instead of being snarky, someone could have just asked me to give more details. :/

Nobody was saying anything about whether your question was important. We were reacting to your message complaining about not having had an answer after only two hours.

Some of the people who have posted on this thread spend a lot of time helping people out. That is one of the reasons why we are on these boards. Sorry we couldn't help you, but please consider your second message and understand why it got the reaction it did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nobody was saying anything about whether your question was important. We were reacting to your message complaining about not having had an answer after only two hours.

Some of the people who have posted on this thread spend a lot of time helping people out. That is one of the reasons why we are on these boards. Sorry we couldn't help you, but please consider your second message and understand why it got the reaction it did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sometimes, that is what is wrong with message boards and the internet, people can be taken out of context. My second message was not meant to be crass in any way. I was just sad that out of a hundred views, and almost three hours, that there wasn't anyone who would even somewhat help with an answer. I always try to be nice and helpful when I am on these boards, not crass or demeaning in any way. Forgive me if it came across that way. Like I said earlier, I am a mom, a stay at home mom with a child who is autistic. Sometimes I have to be really quick with my post and they may not come out as eloquently as others would like.

Here's what a typical Inside Stateroom floorplan on the Breakaway (and, the just arrived Getaway, now on a CTN hovering just off NY in the nearby Atlantic) - approximately 130 sq. ft. (up to 150 sq. ft.) http://www.getaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/inside/

In comparison to CCL and we've on the Splendor last Fall, the oceanview and balcony cabins are approx. 180 sq. ft. vs. 160 sq. ft. for NCL.

Generally speaking, cabins in all categories, include Insides, are "bigger" compared to those on NCL of the same/matching category. Royal's cabins are also bigger than NCL.

It's safe & reasonable for me to conclude, from checking the specs. of the typical CCL ships vs. NCL's newest mega-ships that, if you find their inside cabins being small - that, you will find NCL's to be tiny and even smaller with even less room, despite its clever layout & design. Based this using the CCL Miracle you've sailed on, as a reference to compare.

Might I suggest that you google YouTube for video views of the cabin categories that you have in mind for the NCL ships - we find it very helpful & useful to do a bit of homework ourselves. Most likely, you will have to wait a little longer for someone to post about the specific Getaway cabins - the paint hasn't cured fully yet :D

Depending on the age of the child, the smaller cabin might or might not matter - only you know best. A little trick we've used & tip for you, we sometimes have the full-sized bed moved against one wall to get more space. We don't spend a lot of time "holed" up in our cabin as there's plenty to explore on the ship & things to do - a clean, comfortable bed is all that really matter to us - it beats flying coach class these days, even with E+ upgrade ...

Here's what a typical Inside Stateroom floorplan on the Breakaway (and, the just arrived Getaway, now on a CTN hovering just off NY in the nearby Atlantic) - approximately 130 sq. ft. (up to 150 sq. ft.) http://www.getaway.ncl.com/ship/staterooms/inside/

In comparison to CCL and we've on the Splendor last Fall, the oceanview and balcony cabins are approx. 180 sq. ft. vs. 160 sq. ft. for NCL.

Generally speaking, cabins in all categories, include Insides, are "bigger" compared to those on NCL of the same/matching category. Royal's cabins are also bigger than NCL.

It's safe & reasonable for me to conclude, from checking the specs. of the typical CCL ships vs. NCL's newest mega-ships that, if you find their inside cabins being small - that, you will find NCL's to be tiny and even smaller with even less room, despite its clever layout & design. Based this using the CCL Miracle you've sailed on, as a reference to compare.

Might I suggest that you google YouTube for video views of the cabin categories that you have in mind for the NCL ships - we find it very helpful & useful to do a bit of homework ourselves. Most likely, you will have to wait a little longer for someone to post about the specific Getaway cabins - the paint hasn't cured fully yet :D

Depending on the age of the child, the smaller cabin might or might not matter - only you know best. A little trick we've used & tip for you, we sometimes have the full-sized bed moved against one wall to get more space. We don't spend a lot of time "holed" up in our cabin as there's plenty to explore on the ship & things to do - a clean, comfortable bed is all that really matter to us - it beats flying coach class these days, even with E+ upgrade ...

Awesome information!! Thank you. Our son will be 10 at that time, so we might need to upgrade to a bigger room.

I gave you your answer. No need to keep digging your hole deeper.

So sorry I did not respond to you earlier, I was taking care of my child. Thank you for your earlier answer. It was very informative. I appreciate all the help you gave me earlier.

I have only been in one inside in my life (it was on Carnival...and it was the size of a closet!!). My girls were in an inside across the hall from us on the NCL Spirit in 2007, and it was tight, but manageable. I have seen pictures of the family oceanview cabins on the Getaway (and Breakaway I think), and they look plenty roomy for a family of 3...sofa bed with curtain to separate from the main bed. Maybe check those out?? I love NCL and hope you give it a try.

I have only been in one inside in my life (it was on Carnival...and it was the size of a closet!!). My girls were in an inside across the hall from us on the NCL Spirit in 2007, and it was tight, but manageable. I have seen pictures of the family oceanview cabins on the Getaway (and Breakaway I think), and they look plenty roomy for a family of 3...sofa bed with curtain to separate from the main bed. Maybe check those out?? I love NCL and hope you give it a try.

Thank you for your insight. I know on Carnival, the rooms have been tight, especially toward the end of the cruise. I will look at the family oceanview cabins and see if those might work for us. I really do want a change. I have been on other lines, but Carnival has always worked best with us, but I am just tired of the same ole stuff!! lol Once again, thank you for your information.

You actually called who knows who out for not answering...

As someone pointed out there are tons of locations online with room sizes and layout per ship

You may get friendlier responses if you're less demanding..

You actually called who knows who out for not answering...

As someone pointed out there are tons of locations online with room sizes and layout per ship

You may get friendlier responses if you're less demanding..

Thank you for your perspective Jen. I do not feel that I was being demanding, but if you perceived it that way, then I do apologize.

Cant we all just be friends? I asked a question, I didn't receive a response, I responded and was taken out of context (which happens in message boards). I am not looking to be snarky with anyone on here. We are all here because we have a love for cruising. I have had others, since, answer my question and I appreciate their answers. All others, I felt, were not very nice or warranted. I just asked a question and wanted help. Thanks cruise friends.