my two star symbol is missing

superoma

as I posted this morning, I realized that my two star HAL symbol is not showing and scrolling through other posts, I notice other Hal star symbols missing.

I am assuming this is because the web site we copied them from has been taken down. Is there somewhere else we can link to these symbols for Cruise Critic?

Thanks in advance for all your replies. This board has answer to questions I sometimes didn't know I even had:D

In the Fort Lauderdale Terminals thread, "Irish Eyes Are Smiling" has her two star symbol still showing. Here is a link to her post. Maybe you can use that to restore your stars.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41468922&postcount=31

When I clicked on her stars, this is what showed as properties:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/2starMariner.gif

Edited by sail7seas

as I posted this morning, I realized that my two star HAL symbol is not showing and scrolling through other posts, I notice other Hal star symbols missing.

I am assuming this is because the web site we copied them from has been taken down. Is there somewhere else we can link to these symbols for Cruise Critic?

Thanks in advance for all your replies. This board has answer to questions I sometimes didn't know I even had:D

I believe that some people were linking to the basic "star" symbols on the HAL site - I have no idea on what HAL feels about this. The link is

https://www.hollandamerica.com/images/5starMariner.gif

Change the 5 to whatever star level you are.

On another thread Joanie stated that the animated stars were her creation and she has not offered them to the HALFACTS site.

Rich

Edited by richwmn

OMG! Say it isn't so. The Ole "missing 2 Star Symbol" syndrome strikes again. How will we survive this assault on humanity? Now if you want to really have problems with "missing stars" just take a very long HAL cruise and keep your cruise card in your pocket (even when swimming). Eventually, those stars will just wear away (how can we survive such a catastrophe). Actually discovered this while on the Prinsendam a few years ago when we stopped at Guest Relations and had to show them our card to get something. The Guest Relations staffer quickly spotted our "worn stars" and told us (with a smile) that this was not acceptable. She then gave us new cards (which later did not open our cabin door..which is another story).

Hank

The thermometer outside my door says 9 degrees F right now. THAT is cold!!! :D:D

Sorry for cruisers leaving from Canaveral and Tampa...... might be chilly there today?

Actually not chilly today in South Florida.. It's beautiful today..:)

Temps here on the lower West Coast will be close to 79 today & about 77 in Ft. Lauderdale..Tampa a bit less in the mid 70's today & upper 50's tonight..

Have our doors & windows open & heat turned off.. We normally have a Happy Hour with others in our complex on our dock every Thursdays. . Since it's so nice today & going down tomorrow our Happy Hour has been moved to late this afternoon..

Wed & Thurs going down to low 60's Fri & Sat back up into upper 70's..

So for all the Northerner's, who are cruising out of Tampa or Ft. Lauderdale, our weather is balmy..

Cheers..

Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

Actually not chilly today in South Florida.. It's beautiful today..:)

Cheers..

Betty

here's wishing we were still in Pompano Beach this winter not Clearwater. The south of Florida has been consistently warmer than us all of January. Oh well!!

In the Fort Lauderdale Terminals thread, "Irish Eyes Are Smiling" has her two star symbol still showing. Here is a link to her post. Maybe you can use that to restore your stars.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41468922&postcount=31

When I clicked on her stars, this is what showed as properties:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/2starMariner.gif

Right ... but to show as a symbol, and not as it shows above, it has to be enclosed in IMG

OP - copy and paste this 2starMariner.gif

The thermometer outside my door says 9 degrees F right now. THAT is cold!!! :D:D

Sorry for cruisers leaving from Canaveral and Tampa...... might be chilly there today?

It was -9 with a wind chill factor of -30 when we got up at 5 AM.

By the time I got DH home from the dentist at 11:30 we were -2.

High may be 3 today.

Thankfully the snows have stopped for a couple of days.

It was -9 with a wind chill factor of -30 when we got up at 5 AM.

By the time I got DH home from the dentist at 11:30 we were -2.

High may be 3 today.

Thankfully the snows have stopped for a couple of days.

Brrrr..... be careful everyone that is suffering these horridly cold temperatures. This is dangerous stuff.