We leave in less then two weeks.. heat pad issue

texasnana

Some one told me you can not use a heating pad on a ship. I have a back issue and sometimes If I use a heating pad it helps.Mine is new and turns off after 30 mintues. She said folks leave them on all the time and start fires. Is this true?

Some one told me you can not use a heating pad on a ship. I have a back issue and sometimes If I use a heating pad it helps.Mine is new and turns off after 30 mintues. She said folks leave them on all the time and start fires. Is this true?

your friend is a story teller

Both heating pads and extension cords are on the not-allowed list for RCI:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=330&faqSubjectName=Before+You+Leave&faqId=2608

· Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.

· Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)

· Illegal Drugs & Substances

· Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However "torch lighters" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.

· Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows

· Skateboards & Surfboards

· Martial Arts Gear

· Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.

· Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.

· Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.

· HAM Radios

· Electrical Extension Cords

· Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.

· Alcoholic Beverages (Note: Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

Not arguing whether or not the items should or shouldn't be allowed... just that as the rules stand, they're not. Just want you to be prepared to have the items taken away.

Edited by crazy4themouse

My family will be traveling on the Allure in May and my father has to use a heating pad as well. He emailed the Access Staff Department (special_needs@rccl.com) and was told that since it is needed for a medical reason it would be allowed. The only caveat was that the heating pad had to have an one/off switch. Hope this helps!

My family will be traveling on the Allure in May and my father has to use a heating pad as well. He emailed the Access Staff Department (special_needs@rccl.com) and was told that since it is needed for a medical reason it would be allowed. The only caveat was that the heating pad had to have an one/off switch. Hope this helps!

I would bring a doctors note just in case security finds it.

Yes My son is ill, and in a wheelchair. We have to bring things that are not typically allowed, I always contact the special needs dept, and have them make a note of the items, and then bring a DR's note. I usually bring them as carry on's because I don't want to end up in the naughty room, or have a hold up with our luggage. Never been a problem.