When Breakaway meets Getaway..?

FreestyleNovice

Strange, The Gem just pulled in and went all the way down to the pier and made a u-turn. Where is she going to dock. Looks like she is leaving again. :confused:

here is a picture from the AIS map:

1z5pw92.png

From the map, it appears that the captain turned the boat towards the pier too late and they may not been enough room to complete the turn.

HA!! Me either. I meant from your job. Didn't you say early this morning while we were watching Getaway come in that you were going to get fired? Or was that somebody else like me without a life at 6:30 a.m.? :eek:

Yes I was at work on my computer watching the webcam (I get in early and leave early).

If my boss had come in and saw that I was doing that I would have gotten fired.

If I got fired, I wouldn't have the $$$ to make final payment on my July Breakaway cruise!!!! Can't let THAT happen!

There are flashing information lights on all the highways here saying

USE MASS TRANSIT TILL 2/3.

The traffic is going to be a mess here until the Super Bowl is over. Glad I'm not cruising this weekend!!!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Docking in the New York terminal is a lot harder than it sometimes appears....especially on a very windy day, or with strong river currents...

In those cases, the Captain, guided by the docking pilot, must really 'stick' the landing, as they say in gymnastics.... Even with azipod's and bow thruster's, getting into that tight berth takes great skill to avoid hitting the pier or an adjacent ship. Often times a tug assist is needed....

Docking in the New York terminal is a lot harder than it sometimes appears....especially on a very windy day, or with strong river currents...

In those cases, the Captain, guided by the docking pilot, must really 'stick' the landing, as they say in gymnastics.... Even with azipod's and bow thruster's, getting into that tight berth takes great skill to avoid hitting the pier or an adjacent ship. Often times a tug assist is needed....

We were on the Star a few years ago when the current drifted the ship right into the dock of the Intrepid...as captain Kostas told me later, he didn't hit the dock, just lightly kissed it!!!;)