3 Adults in a B3 cabin?

Olwyn

Hi Everyone!

I am travelling with my folks on the March 28, Miami to Miami cruise on Riviera, and am considering sharing their cabin to save a double fare for my own space. These rooms are significantly larger than similar cabins on Princess, but not as large as a mini suite. The price is right...but has anyone done this? Am I crazy? Aside from my having no hot dates on this cruise, the 3 of is get on very well. They are in their 80's and I go along to help and to have a bit of a holiday along the way. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cabin 7100.

Thanks!!

Hi Everyone!

I am travelling with my folks on the March 28, Miami to Miami cruise on Riviera, and am considering sharing their cabin to save a double fare for my own space. These rooms are significantly larger than similar cabins on Princess, but not as large as a mini suite. The price is right...but has anyone done this? Am I crazy? Aside from my having no hot dates on this cruise, the 3 of is get on very well. They are in their 80's and I go along to help and to have a bit of a holiday along the way. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cabin 7100.

Thanks!!

o-staterooms-3d-a1.jpg

Those Standard Veranda rooms can be quite serviceable for three adults, but you will likely run into three issues:

1) Can you (as the third adult) live with your bed being folded back up during the day? The room is very tight (and rather unsightly) with the third bed open.

2) How much modesty do the three of you require? Dressing in the bathroom can be tough to schedule when three adults are dining together every evening.

3) I don't want to spend your money for you but you owe it to yourself to at least get a quote for doing the same cruise as a triple in a Penthouse.

The three of you will be SO MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE in the larger room, with its' larger bathroom and walk in closet, that you should at least know what the price difference is before you commit to a plan.

The Butler will be a big help in catering to your Parents needs, as well ;)

o-staterooms-3d-ph1.jpg

Thanks so much for your input! All valid points! Recently during a terrible ice storm in Toronto, 5 days over Christmas in fact, we shared a large room with 2 Queen beds at a Delta hotel. (My sister and brother in law along with my 9 year old niece were in an adjoining room.) I did change in the bathroom and ran into a few snoring issues. I'll ask about the Penthouse again, and see if I faint!

Once we are booked solid...I will join the Roll Call pronto!

Thanks again!

Olwyn 😎

Will having 1 bathroom be an issue? I am in my 80s and need to use the bathroom at night. Would that disturb you, I think I snore but earplugs and a mask at night could come in handy.

I am a tightwad and think you could use the savings for fun things instead of a large cabin.

To obtain more privacy, you can buy 2 hooks attached to strong magnets and string a cord across the stateroom. The walls are metal and the hooks will hold light items. You can ask the cabin steward for an extra sheet. They will make up the sofa bed every day and take the sheet down and save it for the evening when you can ask them to put it back up.

The one thing that may be difficult is where to put all your clothes. The closets are very small and difficult to get into. You may want to keep all your shoes under the bed, and some of your clothes in a suitcase under the bed.

It will be very snug though! Good luck. Hope this helps!

Jan

Edited by Cruiser Jane

At the end of the cruise if one or more of you has not attempted at least once, maybe twice to kill the others I would be surprised....

At the least you will all just be at each others throats. By the end of the cruise I doubt your friendship will be intact

These cabins are designed for 2... that's it.... even a penthouse will be a squeeze! You with 3 will need at least 2 bathrooms... then there is storage.

NO...No way would I dream of creating this drama/comic tragedy at sea.

In this case, I think they can manage. (I couldn't, but that's another story.)

However, she says that she is there to help her parents ... and she can better do so in the same room. I agree with J&S that if the budget will permit a PH they'll be more comfortable. But my opinion matters for naught. It is their decision.

Many years ago I asked Renaissance about booking the Owner's Suite for travel with my husband and my mother. That's a large suite -- about 1,000 sf. There's a main bathroom and a second half bath. The sofa in the living room pulls out to a bed.

But I was strongly advised that it would not be comfortable for 3 adults. And once I traveled in that suite, I saw what they meant. I think Mom would have been okay with the sofa bed but NOT with the bathroom arrangements. It's not that she was constantly using the bathroom (!) -- but she took forever getting ready. She was very meticulous in her dress and grooming, and usually took an hour to get ready for the day. (I usually take maybe 15 minutes total.)

So if I was recommended not to consider 3 people in an OS, I do wonder -- in general -- about 3 people in a smaller cabin. It DOES depend on the three people!

Mura