Am I the only one that's over hearing about the bumper cars on the Quantum?

There's going to be bumper cars on the Quantum, we get it. I'm a little concerned that this is the BIG selling point of the new ship and that's all Royal Caribbean seems to want to talk about.

I think it's time to move on to some other new information.

Just my $.02. :p

There's going to be bumper cars on the Quantum, we get it. I'm a little concerned that this is the BIG selling point of the new ship and that's all Royal Caribbean seems to want to talk about.

Would love to hear new information. But without it any new video will have to do.

Actually, aside from the recently posted video there's been little or no mention of the bumper cars...or anything else for that matter. :cool::o

I'm a little concerned that this is the BIG selling point of the new ship and that's all Royal Caribbean seems to want to talk about.

I'd certainly like to know what the ship has to offer us grown ups! I'm certainly bored with "Too come".

Will it have food, for example?;)

I would certainly not book a ship until I knew what it had to offer me.

Edited by London-Calling

I for one am not thrilled about bumper cars. I don't find them fun. But for those that do, I'm glad that feature will be onboard.

I think we will be using the roller rink and bumper cars more than the zip line, carrousel and ice rink.

Also I believe we will be spending more time in 270 than we do in the VCL.

Most of all I am like everyone else looking forward to more reveals. They can't make us wait much longer.

I love bumper cars and cannot wait to ride in them and I am 59 but just a kid at heart!:)

Good for you! I'm 24 and love going to Disney for the same reason. We were all young at one point, no reason to give that up because your body ages.

The ironic thing is that I love the FlowRider but am a little scared of the bumper cars. Can't even remember that last time I went on one because I'm so worried about getting whiplash from them.

Good for you! I'm 24 and love going to Disney for the same reason. We were all young at one point, no reason to give that up because your body ages.

The ironic thing is that I love the FlowRider but am a little scared of the bumper cars. Can't even remember that last time I went on one because I'm so worried about getting whiplash from them.

I doubt that they will be going fast enough to give you whiplash. :)

• 2 weeks later...
:rolleyes: Even more about the Bumper Cars -

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/

They have decided which design they will use.

Geez RCCL, is there anything else you need to tell us about the Bumper cars ????

LOL it's basically becoming a joke at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they float out Quantum of the Seas and we all learn, to our shock and horror, that the entire ship is one giant floating bumper car!

(You all just wait, the Meyer Werft cams are an elaborate hoax)

:p

For those that don't like them or are not interested - I say those people who go to the bumper cars will be making less crowding on other areas of the ship. Although not as large as Oasis/Allure, I don't think crowding will be a problem. We felt LESS crowding on Allure than any other ship we sailed. Lots of passengers, but so much space and people spread throughout the ship. But, anxiously looking forward to more specifics about Quantum.

For those that don't like them or are not interested - I say those people who go to the bumper cars will be making less crowding on other areas of the ship. Although not as large as Oasis/Allure, I don't think crowding will be a problem. We felt LESS crowding on Allure than any other ship we sailed. Lots of passengers, but so much space and people spread throughout the ship. But, anxiously looking forward to more specifics about Quantum.

Yes I totally agree. We sailed the inaugural sailing of Oasis with a sold out ship and we never once felt crowded or closed in by all the people. The unique areas of the ship made it nice for everyone to find their favorite spots and congregate. It was our most favorite ship and cruise by far with the Explorer our first cruise with RCCL next favorite- I am excited for Quantum and just wish they would hurry up with more details and of course the summer 15 itineraries/bookings.

Edited by divaofdisney

LOL it's basically becoming a joke at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they float out Quantum of the Seas and we all learn, to our shock and horror, that the entire ship is one giant floating bumper car!

The webcam is stupid. Can't see really anything. Have no idea if it's updated or not. Time stamps mean nothing.

I think we will be using the roller rink and bumper cars more than the zip line, carrousel and ice rink.

Of course - that's because the Zip-line, carrousel and ice rink are on other ships!;)

(Or were you being ironic?)

As I said earlier I NEED TO KNOW what Quantum can offer us GROWN-UPS.

Bumper cars will only occupy 10 minutes of my cruise. The North Star will almost certainly be difficult to get booked on.

Edited by London-Calling

I agree - I think the space management on Oasis/Allure is brilliant and I hope they transfer this through to Quantum (/I assume they are!). My only niggle is that I had much greater problems on Celebrity Reflection in terms of crowding than I ever had on another ship and since Quantum shares its DNA I worry ... But we shall see!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree - I think the space management on Oasis/Allure is brilliant and I hope they transfer this through to Quantum (/I assume they are!). My only niggle is that I had much greater problems on Celebrity Reflection in terms of crowding than I ever had on another ship and since Quantum shares its DNA I worry ... But we shall see!

I actually found Celebrity Silhouette to be one of the least crowded ships I've ever sailed, but I did go when schools were in session and that always makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I actually found Celebrity Silhouette to be one of the least crowded ships I've ever sailed, but I did go when schools were in session and that always makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Oh yes, I should have said it was during the summer holidays!

Blue coloured of course :D

I am excited about the Bumper cars...yip can't wait to have a go on them.....but...it is now around 8 months to completion date and we have not had any news with regards to the ship's activities/restaurants/bars/cabins etc ...since April 2013...10 months ago !!

Oh wait...we know the Broadway Show :D I will be dancing in the aisles at that but seriously Royal needs to get a grip and give us more info on Quantum.

We don't even know how Dining will work.

The CD left not long after announcement he would be the CD.

The other CD has injury at present so isn't able to work.

But..the good news is....we know about the Bumper Cars. :D :D

Blue coloured of course :D

I am excited about the Bumper cars...yip can't wait to have a go on them.....but...it is now around 8 months to completion date and we have not had any news with regards to the ship's activities/restaurants/bars/cabins etc ...since April 2013...10 months ago !!

Oh wait...we know the Broadway Show :D I will be dancing in the aisles at that but seriously Royal needs to get a grip and give us more info on Quantum.

We don't even know how Dining will work.

The CD left not long after announcement he would be the CD.

The other CD has injury at present so isn't able to work.

But..the good news is....we know about the Bumper Cars. :D :D

I love what your wrote.. I hope RCL reads it.

It is ridiculous that we have not heard anything about the ship except for bumper cars and Mamma Mia and maybe Chops Grille ..

We are 8 months away from November and we still don't know anything about the ship ..

My friend was on Explorer 3 weeks ago and they spoke about the new ship and nothing new was told to him that we don't know..

I hope they starting letting us know more soon.

I love what your wrote.. I hope RCL reads it.

It is ridiculous that we have not heard anything about the ship except for bumper cars and Mamma Mia and maybe Chops Grille ..

We are 8 months away from November and we still don't know anything about the ship ..

My friend was on Explorer 3 weeks ago and they spoke about the new ship and nothing new was told to him that we don't know..

I hope they starting letting us know more soon.

Hi Lidia, hope you are well :D

I am wondering if they will announce something really soon due to Anthem opening up for booking this month. Because really they do need some new exciting announcement to grab folks attention if they want bookings from UK/Europe guests.

As it is a non refundable deposit here then folks will be more cautious about booking a ship where not much is known about it.

I am wondering if they will announce something really soon due to Anthem opening up for booking this month. Because really they do need some new exciting announcement to grab folks attention if they want bookings from UK/Europe guests.

As it is a non refundable deposit here then folks will be more cautious about booking a ship where not much is known about it.

Excellent point, that hadn't occurred to me.

Hi Liz

Nice talking to you again.. It has been awhile.. I have been doing Ok..

I have loved your posts..

I've been chatting with Mike on the Roll Call which I am on the 2 day Cruise to Nowhere in November...

It is unbelievable about what RCL doing this time around.... It is a big difference from when the Oasis and Allure came out..

There is no hype on the upcoming ship and not even any commercials on the new ship.. As you stated there is not even a deck plan for the Anthem.

They would get more people booking if they gave out more info..

NCL marketing this year has been great on getting their 2 new ship out there.. Especially the Breakaway for NY..

Well we shall see what happens in the coming weeks..

I see the RCL blog website is down today.. It states ""Oops looks like Royal Caribbean on vacation"' Maybe they are going to finally update the blog with information and let us know something about the Quantum soon..

Let's hope it is not about bumper cars...

Well keep posting..

Maybe one day we will see each other again on cruise.

All my best...

Lidia