BREAKWAY BX BALCONIES / Deck 8 - any reviews ?

SAILORBOYS

Im rethinking whether I made the right choice.

Booked on a whim (booking a cruise doesnt take much convincing does it ;)

But I booked a BX balcony on the Breakaway.

Im concerned that there is more movement on the front part of the ship / swaying in rough seas ?

Does anyone have experience with these balconies ?

they are not forward facing, they are at the front, but on the sides of the ship.

Thank you !

Im rethinking whether I made the right choice.

Booked on a whim (booking a cruise doesnt take much convincing does it ;)

But I booked a BX balcony on the Breakaway.

Im concerned that there is more movement on the front part of the ship / swaying in rough seas ?

Does anyone have experience with these balconies ?

they are not forward facing, they are at the front, but on the sides of the ship.

Thank you !

BX as a category should be a guarantee - where you don't know the location until you sail - however, mid ship would in theory feel the least amount of movement.

I was already given the cabin #s. ( 8110 and 8112)

and now of course I will spend all my time researching it to make myself paranoid, lol. :eek: :D

I read one review on here regarding the noise right under that cabin (crew workers). Im more concerned with wind/swaying in rough seas...

8110 is all the way forward on the port side.

The waterfront is mid to aft. No worries about people seeing them from the waterfront.

People in balconies above them might be able to see their balcony.

I would be more worried about that review of this cabin hearing a lot of crew noise.

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Sailed the Breakaway in September with family. We had a solo traveler in our group who originally booked a studio. As the cruise got closer, she was able to upgrade to a BX (balcony guarantee for one person) for the same price as her studio booking!! Anyway, she was assigned cabin 8754. It was awesome!

Yes, it overlooked part of the waterfront area, but made for great people watching. When we docked in Bermuda, she overlooked the port, also great people watching. While it might seem really far away from the pool, etc., it was actually such a convenient cabin, just a short walk down the hallway and you are super close to other public areas.

The only downside, you will hear a little "boom boom" from the theatre. But it doesn't go on real late, so not a big problem.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your cruise!

Can't help with room review but cabins way forward will feel more motion than midship. Of course you knew that. :p

The balconies are huge and appear lager than the M6's.

Have you seen slide 2 in the BX visual link here? NCL Breakaway Cabin/Balcony Sizes

In the aboved mention slide you can see the balcony rail is back further than the neighboring MX and M6's, so the view down will be more limited. But 8710 couldn't get closer to the possible bow wave action. :D Of course your cabins are port. A portion of this/es dividers were the ones blown off during active seas during one of the BA's return to NY. :eek: It all depends on the seas.

Lean over forward rail of 8110 and sea the dolphins in the bow wake. :D

Or get a sea spray facial. lol

Bring Bonine for seasickness.

HTH some

We have PURPOSELY booked those exact 2 cabins along with 8710, 8712, and 8114 (MX) on the Getaway so we can have the extra large balconies. I have no problems in the location and am not worried about noise either, I think you will LOVE the extra big balcony space!!!

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I couldn't figure out how to send a PM to cruizecrazy82.

I just booked room 8710 on Getaway, as a guarantee balcony and I was wondering how your experience with the room was? Specicailly any noise issues (from below) or motion issues?

Thanks!

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I couldn't figure out how to send a PM to cruizecrazy82.

I just booked room 8710 on Getaway, as a guarantee balcony and I was wondering how your experience with the room was? Specicailly any noise issues (from below) or motion issues?

Thanks!

No noise or motion problems at all for us! We loved the room and the big balcony for sure. Only negative was a longggg walk down the hallway to the front of the ship lol but good for walking off all the yummy food![emoji38]

I have also recently booked cat bx on the Breakaway and was assigned 8110. The deck plans only show 4 rooms in this category. 8110,8112,8710,and 8712.

I was curious about this being they are supposed to be guarantee. How can there only be 4 rooms and why are they assigned at booking. I think maybe those rooms are assigned for NCL to keep track of their guarantee bookings and are not the rooms we will actually be assigned. Just my opinion. My sister also booked and was assigned one of the remaining bx cabins.

This is my first time in a balcony so I'll be happy wherever I am.:D:D

I was in 8714 and my friends in 8710 last year We had o noise issues and no motion issues as a mater of fact the sea was really rough and we still felt nothing. The balconies on both were huge enough for a lounger and large table and 4 chairs. Loved these cabins. They were close to everything and super quiet location.

• 1 year later...
I was already given the cabin #s. ( 8110 and 8112)

and now of course I will spend all my time researching it to make myself paranoid, lol. :eek: :D

I read one review on here regarding the noise right under that cabin (crew workers). Im more concerned with wind/swaying in rough seas...

I chose 8710 on the Getaway and LOVED it!!!!! It is huge! Here is my review-

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/06/norwegian-getaway-review.html

Save