Trivia contest

Janespup

That's just part of any game you play, nobody is great at it in the beginning, the more you play the better you get. How would you propose the people who like trivia go about it then ? Just not play.

The source of the problem is Carnival not recycling the games/questions.

And yes, if I start playing and know the answers, I leave.

The source of the problem is Carnival not recycling the games/questions.

And yes, if I start playing and know the answers, I leave.

Yes Carnival does need to switch up the answers.

How do you know your going to know all the answers ? I have heard repeat questions mixed with new ones.

I've always wanted to play but don't because of the people who play on every cruise and are sure to win. :(

You're playing to have fun, you don't have to win to have fun. If you never play you will never win. Nobody starts off playing at the top of anything they are playing, it takes multiple times, if you play you will get better. Just like a sport, who at the top of their sport started off at the top ?

You're playing to have fun, you don't have to win to have fun. If you never play you will never win. Nobody starts off playing at the top of anything they are playing, it takes multiple times, if you play you will get better. Just like a sport, who at the top of their sport started off at the top ?

If you're gonna compare it to a sport, it's like giving one side 2 footballs, or 4 outs, or triple faults, etc.

If you're gonna compare it to a sport, it's like giving one side 2 footballs, or 4 outs, or triple faults, etc.

No it's more like a rookie in his first year against veterans that have played for years, the only advantage the veterans have is experience, their not given extra footballs or outs or triple faults.

We like to play trivia on the ship. When we played on Pride 17 months ago, the questions were new for us (though some questions pop up that are used in other trivia venues, Jeopardy, etc). We had some game wins to make it more fun.

When we cruised Pride 12 months later, it seemed like there was about 25% repetition. How did our memories serve us? We figured we averaged about one more correct per game, if that! And this repetition of questions occurs on competitors' lines also. The bigger problem, to me, is the cruise line recycling questions because it is easy for them.

And for the feeling of frustration some get facing repeated games. . . When we recently sailed a competitor's line, there were those who played trivia every game who had been on the ship for about two consecutive months. The staff pointed this out! Needless to say, they were familiar with more than a few questions. But I don't blame them for playing. They like trivia and the weather kept people indoors. Not many other choices. They did not win every game. Again, the company should have been changing the games up.

And we still had fun playing. We won a few times and if we finished second to an experienced team, we considered it a win!

I never saw any evidence of cheating or questionable self-scoring on the Pride. Actually, integrity prevailed.

If you like to play, go ahead and have fun.

We like to play trivia on the ship. When we played on Pride 17 months ago, the questions were new for us (though some questions pop up that are used in other trivia venues, Jeopardy, etc). We had some game wins to make it more fun.

When we cruised Pride 12 months later, it seemed like there was about 25% repetition. How did our memories serve us? We figured we averaged about one more correct per game, if that! And this repetition of questions occurs on competitors' lines also. The bigger problem, to me, is the cruise line recycling questions because it is easy for them.

And for the feeling of frustration some get facing repeated games. . . When we recently sailed a competitor's line, there were those who played trivia every game who had been on the ship for about two consecutive months. The staff pointed this out! Needless to say, they were familiar with more than a few questions. But I don't blame them for playing. They like trivia and the weather kept people indoors. Not many other choices. They did not win every game. Again, the company should have been changing the games up.

And we still had fun playing. We won a few times and if we finished second to an experienced team, we considered it a win!

I never saw any evidence of cheating or questionable self-scoring on the Pride. Actually, integrity prevailed.

If you like to play, go ahead and have fun.

Exactly, play to have fun, If you win great, If you don't win it's still fun

You have hit the nail on the head:)

I hate it, as so many trivia players do, when certain couples who know the answers from previous cruises take all the SOAS.

We all know who they are and probably sell the ships on ebay.

Those people are the worst. There was a woman on our last cruise that won every single time, no matter the subject, no questions wrong. Finally she showed up at one game and my group of about 7 got up and started to leave. The entertainer asked why and I said "because that one's just going to win again." The culprit blurted out that knew all the answers because they were the "same as last week."

I don't care about the SOAS, it's just no fun playing with someone like that. Yay! She was best at remembering the answers from 7 days earlier.

We were on the Glory over the summer and they had a Civil War trivia. I don't know if they do this on all Carnival ships, but I found this the most interesting of all the other trivia's. We got to discuss some of the questions and answers. I always thought I knew a lot about the Civil War, and I got 13 of the 20 right, but others got 17 and one 18 right. It was just so interesting and informative.

As was said, if you only play to win, you won't have any fun. The fun is to see how much you know and in my case, being old, how much I have forgotten. :D:D:D:D.

If people think coming in and already knowing all the answers from a prior time or crusie is fun, then let them have the silly SOAS. We play just to have some fun.

Cheers

Len

I love trivia. Name that tune is good. Game show mania is fun too-- it uses sound effects and music to identify shows and movies. I've won all three manias I've done. Usually against two guys! Gives me my first ship on a Stick and recognition the rest of the cruise.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

Sent from my iPod

We love to play trivia. We are pretty goo,too!

On one Celebrity cruise, we had a self-appointed captain of our team and even though he knew alot of answers, he would get very upset if some other person on the team tried to give an answer that he didn't approve of . But we always go and play.

Yep, we had a blast. But due to self checking of answers we felt it was a bit too easy for some to cheat if they felt so inclined. We still had fun with our 75% correct average. Drinking helps.

At one trivia while at sea, a couple next to us where googling the answers off their I-phone. They won a $2 medal and probably spent $30 in roaming charges.